SEA vs. KC - What are you watching?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones might be a beast

as may be that Moses guy.

Overall they looked like they knew what they were doing against a quality team.. a lil concerned maybe our Run defense is not quite up to par  but too early to tell. Tyler Bray? not sure what to make of him. Certainly has an arm but is he being show cased for trade bait as been speculated  on sports talk radio? I certainly wouldn't give anything for him. Foles?...eh//but I think he certainly is #2  unless injured or one of the youngsters goes bonkers and sets the world on fire.

Brady is still very young. Only 10 months older than rookie qb Hogan. He hasn't played much in three years. Give the kid some time. I don't see any other team trading for him. It is way too early to make the cuts to 53. Hogan may get a paper cut and get placed on the IR.

this aint Moses first rodeo... it is Jones, and he is showing up..

RG

Jones reminds me of Neil Smith. With Houston out, the Chiefs could go to a 4-3 or hybrid formation. Ford does not impress me. Seattle ran right at him.

Brady is still very young. Only 10 months older than rookie qb Hogan. He hasn't played much in three years. Give the kid some time. I don't see any other team trading for him. It is way too early to make the cuts to 53. Hogan may get a paper cut and get placed on the IR.

who's Brady?

We ended up going to B dubs today. I got the game to be played on the big screen with sound.

It is hard to get a breakdown until you play the game back. I may take a peek at game day next week. I have some preconceived ideas, but would like to play a few things back before making hard and fast comments.

1. O-Line, particularly starting interior and depth, especially at tackle

I was particularly impressed with the starting offensive line. They looked solid. The rookie, Ehinger, played pretty well. We'll see how these guys improve as the defenses get less vanilla, but I liked the start.  Also thought the 2nd string line was fairly solid. I thought Pughsley looked really good except for his holding penalty. Sterup was solid looking. I'm not sure the Chiefs can just stash him away on the PS.

2. Inside Linebacker

Mixed bag here at ILB. I thought Wilson looked subpar. Thought March flashed again. I really think March should start next to DJ.

3. Defensive Backs

I've identified two guys that I think should be cut first wave: Marcus Cooper and Malcolm Jackson. I've seen enough of both. After that, I wasn't overly impressed with Nelson either. I thought DJ White played really well and he looks ahead of Russell at this point, but Russell wasn't bad either. I wasn't overly thrilled with Sorensen either. I thought the other guys were solid at safety. 

4. Wide Receivers

It was really hard to get a good read on the receivers, but I will say the one guy that was completely invisible was Conley. The rest of the guys at least I saw open or got a catch. I like that Da'Ron Brown kid over the middle of the field. DAT looked like he wants to play. I wanted Streater as a free agent, and he showed good things, so I'm happy there. Again, concerning is that Hill, Conley, and Robinson didn't really show me anything. 

5. Quarterback depth

Well, not a great showing by Bray nor Hogan. Right now I have the Chiefs QBs as Smith, Foles, and Murray. It'd take quite a bit for me to change my mind if I were a coach to this point. I'd be trying to trade Bray and hope like hell I could stash Hogan on the PS.

6. Defensive Line depth

This unit looks really, really good. The Chiefs have some tough cuts here coming up. Every one of those guys look like they could start or be significant contributors for alot of teams in this league. I think the Chiefs should try King out at OLB. He did run a 4.70 at 275 pounds coming out of Oklahoma and he still flashes some good closing speed. 

Other tidbits...

The running back stable is full. Reaves is far better than Davis. Davis' only hope of making this team is as a kick returner. I don't know if you can hang your hat on that alone. I think DAT, Hill, Robinson, and so on could fill that same role while having more of an impact as a receiver.

The tight end position didn't flash alot of brilliance, but Ross Travis looks like a keeper so far. I've got him sliding up my depth chart to #3. 

OLB remains a hot mess. Dee Ford looked bad, not really surprising to me. I thought Dezman Moses showed something. I think Dadi Nicholas really flashed, which was surprising to me. I'm concerned about Ford playing an entire season while Houston is out. At this point, I'd give Moses some starter reps and see how he does.

After Week 1, here's how I'm starting to view the depth chart (53 not set obviously):

QB: Smith, Foles, Murray  OUT: Hogan, Bray

RB: Charles(PUP), Ware, West, Reaves  OUT: Davis

FB: Sherman  OUT: Trey Millard

WR: Maclin, Streater, Wilson, Brown, Thomas  FENCE: Hill, Conley, Robinson, Williams OUT: Moore, Jones, Matthews, Hammond 

TE: Kelce, Travis, Harris  OUT: O'Shaughnessy, Parker

OL: Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Duvernay-Tardif, Schwartz, Fulton, Reid, Pughsley, Sterup  OUT: Fragel, Munyer, Nowak, Mayweather, Devey, Feigt

DL: Poe, Bailey, Howard, Jones, Nunez-Roches, Williams FENCE: King  OUT: Davis, Staten

OLB: Houston (PUP), Hali (PUP), Moses, Zombo, Ford, Nicolas FENCE: Mulumba OUT: Massaquoi

ILB: Johnson, March, Wilson, Mauga OUT: Alexander, Adams, Smith

CB: Peters, Gaines, Nelson, Russell, White  OUT: Cooper, Cheek, Jackson, Carr

S: Berry, Parker, Murray, Brown  FENCE: Flemming, Sorensen, Randolph  OUT: Davis, Johnson

Not bad Crow but, I think you underestimate special teams. Cooper is a lock imo. He is a special teams stud and is playing well on defense. Conley is also a lock because he is good on special teams. He does everything better than Brown man. I'm not sure what you are seeing there. Here's my 53 if the season started this week.

QB: Smith, Foles, Murray
RB: Ware, West, Davis, Reaves (Charles PUP)
FB: Sherman 
WR: Maclin, Wilson, Conley, Streater, Hill, Hammond
TE: Kelce, Harris, Parker
OL: Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Duvernay-Tardif, Schwartz, Fulton, Reid, Pughsley, Sterup  

DL: Poe, Bailey, Howard, Jones, Nunez-Roches, Williams, King
OLB: Ford, Zombo, Moses, Nicolas (Houston PUP), (Hali PUP)
ILB: Johnson, March, Wilson, Mauga 
CB: Peters, Gaines, Cooper, White, Nelson, Russell
S: Berry, Parker, Sorenson, Flemming, Brown, Murray

Practice Squad:

1. Demarcus Robinson WR
2. Ross Travis TE
3. Daniel Munyer OL
4. Jordan Devey OL
5. Shaq Randolph DB
6. James O'Shaughnessy TE
7. Trey Millard FB
8. Jonathan Massaquoi LB
9. Andy Mulumba LB
10. Da'Ron Brown WR

Nice break down Crow. I agree with most. I see WR and CB.

WR: Conley and Hill are locks. These 2 are very gifted physically and could develop into solid starters. I think Conley becomes nothing, but I don't think they agree with me.

CB: Cooper is a lock. He is the best man corner not named Peters right now. Gaines will change that hopefully when he gets on the field. Even then, Cooper is our best gunner and maybe shows he can play some safety.

Nice break down Crow. I agree with most. I see WR and CB.

WR: Conley and Hill are locks. These 2 are very gifted physically and could develop into solid starters. I think Conley becomes nothing, but I don't think they agree with me.

CB: Cooper is a lock. He is the best man corner not named Peters right now. Gaines will change that hopefully when he gets on the field. Even then, Cooper is our best gunner and maybe shows he can play some safety.

Conley is really overrated. He's the same as Ramik Wilson. I watched him throughout his college career and he never flashed. I don't get why people see anything in either one of these guys? Conley can go deep once in a while and play on the ST coverage team but, that's about it. 

Cooper is a lock.

I took Crow's breakdown and added my ideas...

1. O-Line, particularly starting interior and depth, especially at tackle

I was particularly impressed with the starting offensive line. They looked solid. The rookie, Ehinger, played pretty well. We'll see how these guys improve as the defenses get less vanilla, but I liked the start.  Also thought the 2nd string line was fairly solid. I thought Pughsley looked really good except for his holding penalty. Sterup was solid looking. I'm not sure the Chiefs can just stash him away on the PS. (Agree)

2. Inside Linebacker

Mixed bag here at ILB. I thought Wilson looked subpar, especially on the wiff tackle for a loss he fanned on,  March flashed again. I need to see Mauga before I go with March as the starter.

3. Defensive Backs

I've identified two guys that I think should be cut first wave: Marcus Cooper and Malcolm Jackson.(AGREE). After that, I wasn't overly impressed with Nelson either. I thought DJ White played really well and he looks ahead of Russell at this point, but Russell wasn't bad either. I wasn't overly thrilled with Sorensen (SLOW) either. I thought the other guys were solid at safety. 

4. Wide Receivers

Maclin, Streater, Wilson, Conley, Hill....  Position of supreme weakness 2 years ago, has been completely rebuilt.

5. Quarterback depth

Well, not a great showing by Bray nor Hogan. Right now I have the Chiefs QBs as Smith, Foles, and Murray. It'd take quite a bit for me to change my mind if I were a coach to this point. I'd be trying to trade Bray and hope like hell I could stash Hogan on the PS. (Agree)

6. Defensive Line depth

This unit looks really, really good. The Chiefs have some tough cuts here coming up. Every one of those guys look like they could start or be significant contributors for alot of teams in this league. I think the Chiefs should try King out at OLB. He did run a 4.70 at 275 pounds coming out of Oklahoma and he still flashes some good closing speed. (Crazy Good Depth here)

Other tidbits...

The running back stable is full. Reaves is far better than Davis. Davis' only hope of making this team is as a kick returner. I don't know if you can hang your hat on that alone. I think DAT, Hill, Robinson, and so on could fill that same role while having more of an impact as a receiver.  (Chiefs need to execute trades vs just letting guys go.....I trust Dorsey will do the best deals he can-He is a smooth operator)

The tight end position didn't flash alot of brilliance, but Ross Travis looks like a keeper so far. I've got him sliding up my depth chart to #3. (agree)

OLB remains a hot mess. Dee Ford looked bad, not really surprising to me. I thought Dezman Moses showed something. I think Dadi Nicholas really flashed, which was surprising to me. I'm concerned about Ford playing an entire season while Houston is out. At this point, I'd give Moses some starter reps and see how he does.( agree- Dee Ford is playing himself into playing only on passing downs)

After Week 1, here's how I'm starting to view the depth chart (53 not set obviously):

QB: Smith, Foles, Murray  OUT: Hogan, Bray

RB: Charles(PUP), Ware, West, Reaves  OUT: Davis

FB: Sherman  OUT: Trey Millard

WR: Maclin, Streater, Wilson, Brown, Thomas  FENCE: Hill, Conley, Robinson, Williams OUT: Moore, Jones, Matthews, Hammond 

TE: Kelce, Travis, Harris  OUT: O'Shaughnessy, Parker

OL: Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, Duvernay-Tardif, Schwartz, Fulton, Reid, Pughsley, Sterup  OUT: Fragel, Munyer, Nowak, Mayweather, Devey, Feigt

DL: Poe, Bailey, Howard, Jones, Nunez-Roches, Williams FENCE: King  OUT: Davis, Staten

OLB: Houston (PUP), Hali (PUP), Moses, Zombo, Ford, Nicolas FENCE: Mulumba OUT: Massaquoi

ILB: Johnson, March, Wilson, Mauga OUT: Alexander, Adams, Smith

CB: Peters, Gaines, Nelson, Russell, White  OUT: Cooper, Cheek, Jackson, Carr

S: Berry, Parker, Murray, Brown  FENCE: Flemming, Sorensen, Randolph  OUT: Davis, Johnson

Justin March getting first-string reps next to DJ instead of Ramik Wilson.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) 

Dezman Moses taking Zombo's spot at OLB with first team defense.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) August 15, 2016

After a great game on Saturday, rookie OLB Dadi Nicolas getting some run with the 2's today. #ChiefsCamp

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) August 15, 2016

:)

I like Mauga.  Don't know why the hate.  He is solid and you can't have an All-Pro at every position.  If March beats him outright, then fine.  But, it is Mauga's job to lose.

I wish we would trade him to Philadelphia. There were some rumors last week we might trade him to the Eagles. 

I like Mauga.  Don't know why the hate.  He is solid and you can't have an All-Pro at every position.  If March beats him outright, then fine.  But, it is Mauga's job to lose.

Mauga is hurt right now. He is the only ILB on the Chiefs' team with size. March can hit, but he lacks ideal size. He is really a replacement for DJ. Mauga is ideal to play beside Johnson.

DJ made a couple of misses. He screwed up on defending a run play, and failed to cover for a pass on another. I hope this is not a sign of his age. He is getting up there.

Mauga was thought to have been trade bait, but I don't know. The Chiefs are loaded at ILB, (which is a switch from previous seasons). Ramik Wilson was drafted to replace Mauga, but he hasn't impressed me, and he lacks ideal size. DJ Alexander is above Jusin March, and just below DJ. I don't quite see it that way.

Archived