Will this be Ford's last chance?

I have always thought Houston was overrated and benefits greatly from playing opposite Hali and going against right tackles instead of left ones. Maybe Hali will help Dee too? However, going against RTs doesn't seem to make a difference to ford.

I guess we are going to see. I think that Houston is a stud and Hali benefits more from him.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always thought Houston was overrated and benefits greatly from playing opposite Hali and going against right tackles instead of left ones. Maybe Hali will help Dee too? However, going against RTs doesn't seem to make a difference to ford.

You have always thought very narrowly, then. Houston is not just a great pass rusher.  He is a phenomenal run stopper, can completely seal the edge, and drops back in coverage extremely well. He is very intelligent and reads plays and the QB's eyes, and makes the correct decision about which of the three things need to be done in a fraction of a second.  There is not a thing he cannot do.  All you are doing is looking at pass rushing.  His skill set is completely unique.  To call Houston overrated is beyond belief.  I expected more from you.

its about effort  and heart.he shows neither

You know, really I think he is just a bit slow witted.  He is kind of dumb.  He cannot make decisions fast enough to do anything quick enough.  Everybody talks about his incredible "first step."  That means nothing if it is a step in the wrong direction.  He reminds me of that skit from Monty Python, "The 50 yard dash for people with no sense of direction."  He could win the NFL "Twit of the Year Contest."

You know, really I think he is just a bit slow witted.  He is kind of dumb.  He cannot make decisions fast enough to do anything quick enough.  Everybody talks about his incredible "first step."  That means nothing if it is a step in the wrong direction.  He reminds me of that skit from Monty Python, "The 50 yard dash for people with no sense of direction."  He could win the NFL "Twit of the Year Contest."

:lol:

You have always thought very narrowly, then. Houston is not just a great pass rusher.  He is a phenomenal run stopper, can completely seal the edge, and drops back in coverage extremely well. He is very intelligent and reads plays and the QB's eyes, and makes the correct decision about which of the three things need to be done in a fraction of a second.  There is not a thing he cannot do.  All you are doing is looking at pass rushing.  His skill set is completely unique.  To call Houston overrated is beyond belief.  I expected more from you.

He's not worth $17 million a year. Even if he's on the field. You can get interconnected parts to do the job with an equivalent efficacy. You just need the right parts.

He's great against the run and when rushing the quarterback, but I wouldn't want him in coverage for any length of time. He has unquestionably benefited from scheme and personnel. The tape says he's a top-five 3-4 outside linebacker. You can get that for a lot less than $17 million a year.

The tape says he's a top-five 3-4 outside linebacker. You can get that for a lot less than $17 million a year.

No. You can't. He's not paid that because he's a top 5 34 OLB, he's paid that because he's a top 5 pass rusher.

17 mil is the going rate. JJ watt, Wilkerson, von miller, fletcher Cox, olivier vernon, Suh. All are right around 17 mil per year (Suh and von miller at 19). What do they all have in common? They're one of the top 2 pass rushers at their position. 34 OLB, 34 defensive end, 43 defensive end and DT.

The excellence as a run and pass defender is just icing on the cake with Houston.

Agree with Xen....

Houston is a game changer. Every Sunday during the regular season, Justin Houston defies the space-time continuum in the opposing QB's head,

No matter the situation, when the QB first touches the ball during the exchange, his internal clock is going into hyper drive.....

Houston is that good.

w

You have always thought very narrowly, then. Houston is not just a great pass rusher. He is a phenomenal run stopper, can completely seal the edge, and drops back in coverage extremely well. He is very intelligent and reads plays and the QB's eyes, and makes the correct decision about which of the three things need to be done in a fraction of a second. There is not a thing he cannot do. All you are doing is looking at pass rushing. His skill set is completely unique. To call Houston overrated is beyond belief. I expected more from you.

Bil, you are wrong. I have watched every snap the guy has played in college and as a pro. He is good in coverage and good against the run but, he got paid that huge contract to rush the QB. He was paid to be a pass rusher. He's overrated man.

Agree with Xen....

Houston is a game changer. Every Sunday during the regular season, Justin Houston defies the space-time continuum in the opposing QB's head,

No matter the situation, when the QB first touches the ball during the exchange, his internal clock is going into hyper drive.....

Houston is that good.

w

Bingo.  17 mil is what you have pay a guy who can do what he does.  But "defies the space-time continuum" might be carrying it either too long or too far :lol:

Bingo.  17 mil is what you have pay a guy who can do what he does.  But "defies the space-time continuum" might be carrying it either too long or too far :lol:

I did it a while back but, if you really want to see the whole picture look at who he got sacks against in 2013 and 2014. He was getting like three per game against rookies. The stats don't represent reality imo. He is a great player but it will prove to be a mistake to give him that contract. I seriously think he is gonna be high throughout his injury. He had multiple issues at UGA when he wasn't playing.

Archived