Bray injured

Haven't read the article yet, but maybe it was from late hit on the play before the last in the first half. The penalty was for driving him into the ground not for being a late hit. Or it could be a fake mysterious injury, though I would assume they would do that later.

Tyler Bray is only 10 months older than KC rookie Kevin Hogan. My opinion is Kevin Hogan is an adequate back up, at best, in the future. Bray has the potential to be a starter (although it is a long shot).

I believe this gives the Chiefs an excuse to place Bray on the IR for one more year. The big question is what do you do with Kevin Hogan? Reid does not like to cut rookies. The Chiefs also have some security now that they acquired Nick Foles. Foles is a respectable back up. He is also a potential starter. Foles meets many of the categories you need as a QB. He has ideal size. He is smart, and has a good arm. Although he is not a scrambler, Foles stands tall in the pocket. When Reid left the Eagles, Foles was the rookie, and thought to be the future QB. He only failed when he was traded away to the Rams. This is why Foles took less to go to KC. 

Murray was drafted due to his athleticism, and the production at Georgia. He has been spotty, but even more, he has lacked the size to see over the offensive line.

Alex Smith - Starter

Nick Foles - Back up

Aaron Murray - cut or traded

Kevin Hogan - cut, IR, or makes the 53, but never plays

Tyler Bray - IR

In my perfect world, Bray and Hogan are placed on IR, and the Chiefs go with Smith and Foles only

Tyler Bray is only 10 months older than KC rookie Kevin Hogan. My opinion is Kevin Hogan is an adequate back up, at best, in the future. Bray has the potential to be a starter (although it is a long shot).

I believe this gives the Chiefs an excuse to place Bray on the IR for one more year. The big question is what do you do with Kevin Hogan? Reid does not like to cut rookies. The Chiefs also have some security now that they acquired Nick Foles. Foles is a respectable back up. He is also a potential starter. Foles meets many of the categories you need as a QB. He has ideal size. He is smart, and has a good arm. Although he is not a scrambler, Foles stands tall in the pocket. When Reid left the Eagles, Foles was the rookie, and thought to be the future QB. He only failed when he was traded away to the Rams. This is why Foles took less to go to KC.

Murray was drafted due to his athleticism, and the production at Georgia. He has been spotty, but even more, he has lacked the size to see over the offensive line.

Alex Smith - Starter

Nick Foles - Back up

Aaron Murray - cut or traded

Kevin Hogan - cut, IR, or makes the 53, but never plays

Tyler Bray - IR

In my perfect world, Bray and Hogan are placed on IR, and the Chiefs go with Smith and Foles only

In your perfect world, does the scout team run 100% wildcat? cause there's no QB to run it.

Also you're relying on a street FA if your top 2 get hurt. Can't pull guys off IR.

In your perfect world, does the scout team run 100% wildcat? cause there's no QB to run it.

Also you're relying on a street FA if your top 2 get hurt. Can't pull guys off IR.

They wouldn't be on the street anyway? Just carrying guys does not mean they can play. You could stack the team with five quarterbacks if you wished. Generally, when your team is down to their 3rd QB, their season is over anyway.

Thee Chiefs could have 4 Running Backs., 7 Wide Receivers, and 3 or 4 Tight Ends. There are only 53 spots. You have to find room some place.

I'm tired of the Bray experiment. He shits the bed every time he sees the field. He had a great o-line and three great receivers at Tennessee and shit the over and over. He's had his chance and he needs to go. I've never been much of a fan.

Bray hasn't proven to be anything more than injury prone and a bad QB, not sure why there's any horn tooting going on in his favor. Murray has proven to be a far better QB.

Unless Hogan lights the world on fire these next few weeks, the depth chart looks like Smith > Foles > Murray. 

This could work for the Chiefs. Murray, if he can get good work in, may be able to be traded for a future pick. Bray, would be place on IR. The Chiefs have two quality quarterbacks. It was not long ago, many of us wanted the Chiefs to trade a high pick away to get Foles. As a rookie, Peyton Manning played the entire season as the only real QB on the squad.

At times, you have to go for it, and if the injury bug gets you, you have to understand it was worth the gamble. I would be happy if Alex Smith, and Nick Foles were the only quarterbacks on the roster. Likely, if the Chiefs lose the top two QBs, for the rest of the season, they will not win.

The question is what do you do with Hogan? He seems to be not yet ready to play at this level. If the Chiefs decide to carry three quarterbacks, they may regret it if a series of WRs or RBs go down. Do you short the OL, and carry 6 or 7 on the line? I say, no. The Chiefs should roll the dice, and take a chance. They don't come often.

I have this weird feeling that Bray is the one that has been on the "chopping" block all along. The kid stays in the Tub, and his attitude is sorta shitty..

Does he have a big arm?  Yes

Does he meet the physical "eye" test? Yes

But damn, this kid can't seem to make it out of Training Camp!

Plus he seems to look quite uncomfortable in the pocket when his first couple of reads break down.

IDK, I'd like to see Smith, Foles, Murray and then Hogan to PS. (If Hogan can clear waivers..Who knows) Cut Bray. I think there's a reason he wasn't drafted. The experiment should come to an end.

Chiefs will only carry 2 QBs on the active roster and Hogan will be put on the PS. So there's 3 QBs without eating an active spot for the 3rd.

People aren't going to beat down the door for Kevin Hogan.

Alex Smith and Nick Foles will make the team. Hogan has shown nothing, and is not at high risk of being taken if he is moved to the practice squad. In fact, it is no big deal if he is taken. His wind up is too clunky, and he is not accurate enough to play at this level thus far. I think the Chiefs will use Bray's injury as an excuse to keep him on the IR. Aaron Murray may be traded away, but will moe likely be cut.

Someone mentioned Bray had a bad attitude. Where is that from? Please provide proof. From what I know, the opposite is true. So, any current reports of misbehavior or a bad attitude is new to me.

Archived