Chiefs Restructured Streater's Contract

I don't ever recall a 2nd year in Streater's contract. I'm not sure where you are getting this from, do you have a link?

No, I cannot. I get my info from cap sheets, and analysis. I could have been mistaken. If so, I am sorry. My impression was there was a second season that was not guaranteed until the second season. Perhaps I am thinking of another contract.

In any way, I do agree it seems Streater was desperate to find a place to showcase his talents, and the Chiefs were willing to give him a shot. Furthermore, as was mentioned, the Chiefs did not expect Streater to do as well, and this last move was to made possible only by the threat of Streater being cut as the teams assembled their staff of 53.

I don't think they cared before because they were expecting to cut him. Now it looks like he may start. At least make the 53. I don't think they ever intended to keep him at a 4.7 mill cap hit.

Start? Really? Spot on for Diehard. Typical unwarranted speculation.

• 2 weeks later...

this is simple, there was no contract changes at all. nothing, just a change probably generated by the league office..., based on streaters performance last year, his incentives would be classified as unlikely. by the rules which the league uses to decide these things.

this doesnt change what he is paid one iota. it just changes the amortization of when it hits the books...  sometimes teams get money back from unearned likely to be earned incentives, in this case... the nfl decided that streater came no where near these incentives last year so therefore he is unlikely to do so this year.

RG

this is simple, there was no contract changes at all. nothing, just a change probably generated by the league office..., based on streaters performance last year, his incentives would be classified as unlikely. by the rules which the league uses to decide these things.

this doesnt change what he is paid one iota. it just changes the amortization of when it hits the books...  sometimes teams get money back from unearned likely to be earned incentives, in this case... the nfl decided that streater came no where near these incentives last year so therefore he is unlikely to do so this year.

RG

Bingo. There was zero restructuring.

Archived