Chris Jones

With Houston out and Hali ailing, it is possible that they could put Chris Jones in on third and longs as a 4-3 DE for his pass rush.  He looked pretty amazing at that against the Rams.

We haven't seen Sutton do that yet but, it would be nice. I have been wanting to see him mix in a 4-2-5 nickel package for a while.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct. They just signed him to one year contracts in 2014 ($4 mil) and 2015 ($1.75 mil). Now he's gone. They signed the other guy Guion to a 3 year $11 million deal. He was their Howard. He will find a NT somewhere else imo.

You have absolutely no fucking clue what you are talking about with Raji and Guion. I suggest you research that situation. There is a reason Raji isn't in Green Bay and it isn't money. Go ahead, I'll give you time. 

You have absolutely no fucking clue what you are talking about with Raji and Guion. I suggest you research that situation. There is a reason Raji isn't in Green Bay and it isn't money. Go ahead, I'll give you time.

He retired or took a year off but, that doesn't excuse the fact that they resigned him to one year deals TWICE.

Nah, they were never gonna pay him that much. They had options just like we do. I highly doubt Dorsey will pay Poe whatever he wants as some have suggested. It is not a premium position. I love the guy but, he better prove he's as rare as he used to be. I'm not seeing it this year.

Nah, they were never gonna pay him that much. They had options just like we do. I highly doubt Dorsey will pay Poe whatever he wants as some have suggested. It is not a premium position. I love the guy but, he better prove he's as rare as he used to be. I'm not seeing it this year.

I don't think I have ever seen you say we should pay a high price to keep a star.

I've seen regimes follow your philosophy in KC many times over the decades, and it is a prescription for worse than mediocrity.  You don't win a championship by parsing out how much your stars are worth.  Without stars and continuity, teams go absolutely nowhere. They live in the wilderness with the also rans.  I am very glad Dorsey has a different attitude than you.  You have to pay up to move up.

I don't think I have ever seen you say we should pay a high price to keep a star.

I've seen regimes follow your philosophy in KC many times over the decades, and it is a prescription for worse than mediocrity.  You don't win a championship by parsing out how much your stars are worth.  Without stars and continuity, teams go absolutely nowhere. They live in the wilderness with the also rans.  I am very glad Dorsey has a different attitude than you.  You have to pay up to move up.

Seriously? I am all about keeping the stars we drafted. See the Eric Berry thread LOL. I would love to keep Poe. I just don't think Dorsey will break the bank. However, maybe he won't need to?

Seriously? I am all about keeping the stars we drafted. See the Eric Berry thread LOL. I would love to keep Poe. I just don't think Dorsey will break the bank. However, maybe he won't need to?

I may be confusing you with someone else.  I apologize.  I am just angry after all of these decades.  The philosophy should be about keeping stars and coaching up everyone else and drafting smart.    That is what Dorsey and Reid and Hunt are doing in KC.  Its about time.  I am behind them completely.

I doubt that. That's not the way Dorsey and the crew did it in Green Bay. He will find another DT before he breaks the bank imo. He is pretty "position specific" when it comes to spending that kind of money.

You couldn't be any more wrong and your post shows that you don't know how Ted Thompson works.

They were offering Raji 8/m avg per year in 2013, even after Raji had some lackluster seasons. I really have no clue where you're drawing your conclusions from.

They identify vital players on each side of the ball and will work hard to keep them.

The Chiefs will absolutely keep him, at whatever cost it takes.

My whole argument stems from this unrealistic statement.

You couldn't be any more wrong and your post shows that you don't know how Ted Thompson works.

They were offering Raji 8/m avg per year in 2013, even after Raji had some lackluster seasons. I really have no clue where you're drawing your conclusions from.

They identify vital players on each side of the ball and will work hard to keep them.

I couldn't be more right liquidtard! 

Thompson made Raji an offer and didn't budge. Raji wanted more and got less. He's not paying Poe "whatever he wants" just like he didn't pay Raji what he wanted. That's is reserved for premium positions like QB and Pass Rusher. That's the Green Bay way. Poe will be offered a fair deal and he better take it. Dorsey won't break the bank. 

You say you have no clue where I'm drawing my conclusions from?

I say you just have no clue. 

He really sprung into action.

He did.  He is a guy who does not go off half cocked.  I'm just happy that he is on the same team as Marcus Peters.

It is a shame, though, that he will not be matched up against B.J. Raji this year on Sept. 1.  Apparently B.J's season is blown due to injury.

He did.  He is a guy who does not go off half cocked.  I'm just happy that he is on the same team as Marcus Peters.

It is a shame, though, that he will not be matched up against B.J. Raji this year on Sept. 1.  Apparently B.J's season is blown due to injury.

I give. Clearly, you are better at this than me.

My whole argument stems from this unrealistic statement.

I couldn't be more right liquidtard! 

Thompson made Raji an offer and didn't budge. Raji wanted more and got less. He's not paying Poe "whatever he wants" just like he didn't pay Raji what he wanted. That's is reserved for premium positions like QB and Pass Rusher. That's the Green Bay way. Poe will be offered a fair deal and he better take it. Dorsey won't break the bank. 

You say you have no clue where I'm drawing my conclusions from?

I say you just have no clue.

How clever!

Thompson didn't budge because Raji was a replacement caliber talent by that point. Poe is gonna be a hell lot harder to replace and Dorsey has shown a lot that he will overpay. No, you don't know what you're talking about.

When I say he'll pay what it takes, he's not giving Poe Suh money. Poe should be smart enough to know he's not gonna get that in an open market, but Dorsey will over pay to keep him. He's a vital part of the Defense.

Maybe spend less time trying to be clever, and more time understanding things.

Archived