Chris Jones

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The combine mishap will be a footnote if he picks up 5 or 6 sacks this year and has a couple dozen QB pressures.

And Reid likes him because he as long ARMS.  Hmmmm.

Seriously, I don't think I have ever seen a rookie who can hand fight like him and just throw OL's aside and make QB's freak out.  It's possible that if the pass rush suffers too much from the loss of Houston, Jones might end up playing far more than we have thought. Can you imagine how much it will help late in close games against good QB's if the DL can be more rested from having platooned him in there on more snaps throughout the game? By the middle of the season, opponents will have to game plan for him.  If the scheme can be re-worked in time, we might play a whole lot more 4-3. Kudos to Dorsey once again.  

It is rare for d-linemen to do much their rookie year. It's probably the hardest transition position on the defense. That said, I think he is gonna be special. I hope they make a 4-2-5 nickel package and use Tamba and him as DEs. That might really help until (if) Houston comes back.

It is rare for d-linemen to do much their rookie year. It's probably the hardest transition position on the defense. That said, I think he is gonna be special. I hope they make a 4-2-5 nickel package and use Tamba and him as DEs. That might really help until (if) Houston comes back.

I think this will happen. The Chiefs are loading up on cornerbacks for a reason.

Archived