KC vs. LA - What are you watching?

Here's what I am watching this week.

1. March - I have a feeling March will start beside DJ tomorrow night. This is his shot. If he has a good showing tomorrow, he'll win the job imo.

2. Gaines - I hope Gaines starts and takes the starting job. We can't expect him to be Sean Smith but, we need stability. Nelson isn't ready and although Cooper has had a good camp I don't think most of us trust him.

3. Conley - He better step it up this week. He didn't play well last week and Streater is narrowing the gap. This is a big week for Conley.

4. Ford - He better play well against the Rams sorry o-line or he's gonna start hearing the boos. I want to see more passion and heart.

5. O-line - LA probably has the best d-line in the league. It will be a great test for Ehringer and the whole o-line in general. It will be hard to get out of there without giving up a sack against the ones.

What are you watching?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that, and Josh Forrest. Josh is a local kid, from Paducah. His mother is a good friend with my wife. I knew Josh before he played football (a basketball player until his junior year in high school). I enjoyed having Josh in the classroom, when I first moved to Paducah (as a substitute teacher), and later (when I worked with special needs kids, and Josh was always a friend of the kids to help them. He's a good guy. I know his step father and mother. They are all good people.

I support the Chiefs to win. More than that, I want them to show improvement in certain areas, and stay healthy. I have others who I am either friends with, or have a connection with - one by my sister's husband's family in Tampa. I hope it doesn't bother anyone when I wish them well. If you are concerned with my loyalty, don't be.

Here's what I am watching this week.

1. March - I have a feeling March will start beside DJ tomorrow night. This is his shot. If he has a good showing tomorrow, he'll win the job imo.

2. Gaines - I hope Gaines starts and takes the starting job. We can't expect him to be Sean Smith but, we need stability. Nelson isn't ready and although Cooper has had a good camp I don't think most of us trust him.

3. Conley - He better step it up this week. He didn't play well last week and Streater is narrowing the gap. This is a big week for Conley.

4. Ford - He better play well against the Rams sorry o-line or he's gonna start hearing the boos. I want to see more passion and heart.

5. O-line - LA probably has the best d-line in the league. It will be a great test for Ehringer and the whole o-line in general. It will be hard to get out of there without giving up a sack against the ones.

What are you watching?

I think you nailed mine. Conely, Gaines and Ford need to make their case.

Secondly, I want to watch March and Nichols. Two under sized guys with over sized hearts and football instincts. These two have a chance at being studs. Nichols played 3 techique DT at 230 pounds last year? That's just freakish.

Would love to see ford do well. So far I have a low opinion of his prospects.

Conley has had a great camp but didn't translate to the first game. Would like to see him make some plays.

Also would like the oline to show well again. The Rams have a terrific Dline so this would be a good time for our starters to show something.

I've given up on Ford.  I'm looking to see if we can get edge containment.  One way or another, we have to do that, or this season will disappoint.  I also want to see Chris Jones some more, and see if he's for real.  Also, looking for Gaines to do well.  It's time.

I've given up on Ford.  I'm looking to see if we can get edge containment.  One way or another, we have to do that, or this season will disappoint.  I also want to see Chris Jones some more, and see if he's for real.  Also, looking for Gaines to do well.  It's time.

Would it not be better for Dee Ford to be exposed in the preseason, then when it counts in September?

Would it not be better for Dee Ford to be exposed in the preseason, then when it counts in September?

It's hard to say.  Reid and Dorsey are not idiots.  If they expose his inability to play, then they cannot get squat for him in a trade.  He might be good for a fourth round choice.  They actually need to put him in a position where he can look like a giant killer, raising his value.  But I can't imagine them keeping him.  He really is just....well...he stinks.  Its seems pretty obvious.  He's a bust.  But they need to get something for him. They should be trying to make him look better than he is.

Isn't he making like..........2 million this year?

2.7 this year and 3.75 next. I know that's not a ton of money, but to me he is a backup ILB. He should be under a million per year IMO. I think Wilson backing up March is just fine and they are 1.1 combined. But maybe I am wrong about him and Mauga steps up this year.

It's hard to say.  Reid and Dorsey are not idiots.  If they expose his inability to play, then they cannot get squat for him in a trade.  He might be good for a fourth round choice.  They actually need to put him in a position where he can look like a giant killer, raising his value.  But I can't imagine them keeping him.  He really is just....well...he stinks.  Its seems pretty obvious.  He's a bust.  But they need to get something for him. They should be trying to make him look better than he is.

You make a solid point. The Chiefs have to already have buyer's remorse. I'm sure most every other team knows about him by now, especially since that was known when he entered the drat. The best we could hope is some team sees him as a reclamation project, and offers a 5th round pick. I am not sure he will garner all that much if the Chiefs wait, and lose him to free agency. 

The sad thing is he is needed this year. It was anticipated he would have replaced Tamba Hali. Hali considered retirement, and may be playing well past his prime. No one considered Justin Houston would be out for this long. If Houston is out for the entire year, the Chiefs will have real problems sealing the edge, and getting pressure on opposing quarterbacks. This will make it seem their secondary is the problem.

Dee Ford only costs 1.5 against the CAP if they trade or release him this year. Who have the Chiefs to replace him? I don't know, anyone may be better. It isn't as if he is helping much now.

2.7 this year and 3.75 next. I know that's not a ton of money, but to me he is a backup ILB. He should be under a million per year IMO. I think Wilson backing up March is just fine and they are 1.1 combined. But maybe I am wrong about him and Mauga steps up this year.

Mauga is injured now, but the Chiefs are probably being cautious, rather than anything serious. The question if they part ways with Mauga is will Wilson and March hold up? Neither is ideally sized for that position. Would you turn to DJ, and make him move over? I don't think that is happening. I'm not saying it would be a bad idea. The Chiefs may be able to get something for Mauga, but you have to consider if it is worth it. I am not as impressed with Wilson just yet. He might be good, and it is still early. He is not good enough right now.

I think DJ Alexander is in the mix as well.

He's backing up DJ. Hard to crack the lineup there. For that matter March is technically backing up DJ too on the depth chart but he is getting snaps on the right side as well. Alexander is more of a Will, like DJ.

Unable to watch the game but following it on the NFL.com tracker. Are they really making this many mistakes or is Fisher getting his normal gifts from the NFL? Last week the Chiefs had 7 penalties for 57 yards all game, already in the first half they have 4 penalties for 69 yards, now grant it 41 came off of a PI call.

Also on the reversal of Kelce's reception, was it an obvious incomplete or a phantom one?

Fisher tends to get a lot of calls that go his way.

Unable to watch the game but following it on the NFL.com tracker. Are they really making this many mistakes or is Fisher getting his normal gifts from the NFL? Last week the Chiefs had 7 penalties for 57 yards all game, already in the first half they have 4 penalties for 69 yards, now grant it 41 came off of a PI call.

Also on the reversal of Kelce's reception, was it an obvious incomplete or a phantom one?

Fisher tends to get a lot of calls that go his way.

Fisher stresses how to be dirty, and get away with it. That is his main gift as a coach. He's a hack.

I hope the STL fans get to see what a crappy team they had. Of course, not many were watching at the end of last year.

Archived