Conclusion of Training Camp 2016

Reid said this was the best training camp he's had in KC. I didn't get to go but from the interviews and reports I have seen the team seems very driven and focused. The attitude is very "matter of fact" and the confidence is different than we've ever seen imo. I think this could be the year...

Reid said this was the best training camp he's had in KC. I didn't get to go but from the interviews and reports I have seen the team seems very driven and focused. The attitude is very "matter of fact" and the confidence is different than we've ever seen imo. I think this could be the year...

Better find a pass rush and a second corner first. Huge issues on defense as far as I'm concerned. I would pump the brakes.

Better find a pass rush and a second corner first. Huge issues on defense as far as I'm concerned. I would pump the brakes.

Calm down, Francis. If you can't be excited this time of year then why are you a fan? Surely you have better things to do with your time than watch the team and by surly... like kicking kittens down the stairs maybe.

Calm down, Francis. If you can't be excited this time of year then why are you a fan? Surely you have better things to do with your time than watch the team and by surly... like kicking kittens down the stairs maybe.

Like shootin' puppies with a B B gun

I'd poison guppies, and when I was done

I'd find a pussy cat and bash in its head

That's when my momma said

(What did she say?)

She said "My boy, I think someday

You'll find a way to make your natural tendencies pay"

You'll be a dentist

It was only preseason, but you can't get behind a first-team defense that allowed only 3 points over two drives? With the way the Chiefs' offense eats the clock, that's something like 15 points a game allowed.

Pump the brakes on pumping the brakes.

Like shootin' puppies with a B B gun

I'd poison guppies, and when I was done

I'd find a pussy cat and bash its head

That's when my momma said

(What did she say?)

She said "My boy, I think someday

You'll find a way to make your natural tendencies pay"

You'll be a dentist

lol

Dude, I've been here for years. I'm not jumping a cliff Francis. I am only saying before calling us a super bowl team as the person said, there's two things we better look at, xen....

If I would have called us a Super Bowl team, you would have said the same shit, Francis.

It was only preseason, but you can't get behind a first-team defense that allowed only 3 points over two drives? With the way the Chiefs' offense eats the clock, that's something like 15 points a game allowed.

This is real funny coming from you. It's always the defenses fault, and Charles fault, and houstons fault, and the second wr's fault, and the olines fault, and the running games fault,

And father times fault, and the TE fault...

It's preseason

Dude, I've been here for years. I'm not jumping a cliff Francis. I am only saying before calling us a super bowl team as the person said, there's two things we better look at, xen....

If I would have called us a Super Bowl team, you would have said the same shit, Francis.

Yeah but the person who said it was Mugsy and he's borderline retarded.

And why do we need to look at those two things? You think we're all secretly John Dorsey? We can't do shit about it even if it is a problem.

Yeah but the person who said it was Mugsy and he's borderline retarded.

And why do we need to look at those two things? You think we're all secretly John Dorsey? We can't do shit about it even if it is a problem.

First thread I read this morning.  About spit my coffee all over the keyboard.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You crack me up.  Sometimes. B)

This is real funny coming from you. It's always the defenses fault, and Charles fault, and houstons fault, and the second wr's fault, and the olines fault, and the running games fault,

And father times fault, and the TE fault...

When I write in a way where many seem to understand what I'm saying, while others consistently don't understand, it makes me wonder why the latter ones don't understand. Is it the way I explain things? Am I exhaustive to a fault? Am I not addressing the real issues?

Well, here's the deal:

• This year, the Chiefs' preseason run defense has been bad. They're allowing 48 more yards per game through the first two games. With that said, there are so many players missing that are expected to be on the field once the games count: Tamba Hali, Eric Berry, and Phillip Gaines. All of these should be good to go, and they should be difference-makers if they can stay healthy.

• You know what's nice for a change?: Two games in a row with no fumbles by a Chiefs runningback or receiver. But a Charles' fumble is always Charles' fault.

• The Chiefs overspent on Houston: They've committed a fresh $36.5 million against the cap thus far for a player who has produced 7.5 sacks and has contributed to a 7-5 record in starts under his extension. That works out to almost $4.9 million paid per sack, or $5.2 million paid per win. Those averages will only rise if Houston fails to hit the field this year following the repair to his ACL. By contrast, the $6.6 million paid to Dee Ford has delivered 5.5 sacks ($1.2 million per sack) and a 5-1 record ($1.3 million per sack). Per dollar spent, the Houston contract has been pretty sad until now.

• Another thing that is nice: Albert Wilson will probably not be the Chiefs' WR2. Give me more Rod Streater, Chris Conley, and Tyreek Hill. I'd be OK with Wilson getting traded to some other wide receiver-needy team so that he can waste downs for some other quarterback.

• Last night, the offensive line didn't look good by almost every account. There's enough good stuff going on elsewhere that Smith has coped with having an undersized left guard in Parker Ehinger.

During the past two weeks, the Chiefs' first-team offense has produced 24 points over 5 drives (4.8 points per drive). I haven't made an exhaustive comparison around the league, but when a vanilla Chiefs offense can produce that many points without their franchise runningback and without a starting-caliber left guard, I feel a little bit of justification in my positivity about the team.

It is the preseason. And in the past it has been the defense's fault, Charles' fault, Houston's contract's fault, Donnie Avery's/Albert Wilson's fault, the offensive line's fault, and so on. Sometimes it's Smith's fault, too. But when you see 80% of the team clicking, it's amazing how good an Alex Smith-run offense can look over the course of several drives.

I still feel this way if we get Gaines, Hali,

And Berry back. That will be good enough on defense. We are really missing Berry in run support. He closes on the ball carrier faster than anyone in the league. The offense looked great.

Archived