Cuts from the Chiefs

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he would man.

Also, Reaves didn't look nearly as good this week against the twos instead of the threes and fours.

Maybe.

I don't have an opinion on Reaves other than we're not keeping 4 rbs and 4 tight ends. Reaves is probably good PS material.

Maybe.

I don't have an opinion on Reaves other than we're not keeping 4 rbs and 4 tight ends. Reaves is probably good PS material.

I agree that we won't take four of each. I would like to put Ross Travis on the PS but, I don't think he'd clear waivers and I think they really like him. Problem is that your #2 and #3 TEs can't both be basketball players imo. At least one of them needs to be able to really block. We do run three TE sets... 

Notable Cuts from Around the League

Geoff Schwartz, G, Lions

Paul Kruger, OLB, Browns

Storm Johnson, RB, Buccaneers 

Major Wright, FS, Buccaneers

Sean Renfree, QB, Falcons

Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton NT, Patriots (TBD)

Stephen Hill, WR, Carolina 

Who else you got that you like? 

Sean Renfree was a great QB at Duke. He had a bunch of clutch comebacks and I really liked the guy.

The Chiefs could go with 4 TEs on their final 53.

There will be some good players that get cut. The Chiefs will be going for it this year. Their window is now.

Their window opens now.  Usually, those windows stay open for 2-3 years.  For teams that are young, it can be longer than that.  The Chiefs are one of the youngest (the youngest?) teams in football.

I agree that we won't take four of each. I would like to put Ross Travis on the PS but, I don't think he'd clear waivers and I think they really like him. Problem is that your #2 and #3 TEs can't both be basketball players imo. At least one of them needs to be able to really block. We do run three TE sets...

I think they've seen enough of Travis for him to stick on the roster. I don't think teams think much of blocking tight ends in today's nfl. That's why I think parker could clear waivers.

I think they've seen enough of Travis for him to stick on the roster. I don't think teams think much of blocking tight ends in today's nfl. That's why I think parker could clear waivers.

yea ol Jonathan "stone hands" Hayes couldn't buy a roster spot these days

Just saw on Bleacher Report that the Chiefs have added both Knile Davis and Aaron Murray to the trade block. Knile is a good player and Murray was my pick to be QBOTF before Foles showed up. I'm not the GM but it looks like the Chiefs are going to lose some good players that can actually contribute now and down the road. Bummed about Murray.

I'm still confused about Bray..I just dont feel it

Well, the Chiefs either think he is better than Murray, or they are wrong.  :lol:  

With Foles and with Bray and Hogan in the wings, it doesn't seem like much of a risk.  "In Dorsey We Trust."

Well, the Chiefs either think he is better than Murray, or they are wrong.   :lol:

With Foles and with Bray and Hogan in the wings, it doesn't seem like much of a risk.  "In Dorsey We Trust."

They may not think much of Murray or Bray? You definitely can't trade Bray but maybe Murray. I think Bray will get cut at some point.

They may not think much of Murray or Bray? You definitely can't trade Bray but maybe Murray. I think Bray will get cut at some point.

Wouldn't Bray be the third QB and Hogan on the PS this season?  Probably, the Chiefs think Bray has the better arm and more potential.  Murray will not replace Smith if the Chiefs phase Smith out.  Foles might, depending on the situation after this season.  Either way, losing Murray won't have much effect on this season and the Chiefs are playing to win NOW.

Wouldn't Bray be the third QB and Hogan on the PS this season?  Probably, the Chiefs think Bray has the better arm and more potential.  Murray will not replace Smith if the Chiefs phase Smith out.  Foles might, depending on the situation after this season.  Either way, losing Murray won't have much effect on this season and the Chiefs are playing to win NOW.

I doubt Bray will be third. I think he'll be gone or sent to IR. Dorsey hasn't kept four QBs since he's been here. As for Murray, the plan was never for him to take over for Alex at some point imo. The plan was for him to be a career back up. He is in the exact same mold as Chase Daniel - small, smart, competent runner, elusive, and able to execute and manage a game plan.

I agree they are trying to win now. The window is closing imo. DJ is old. Hali is old. Charles is old. Berry and Poe might be gone soon. This is it. I really think we had a better team last year. 

I doubt Bray will be third. I think he'll be gone or sent to IR. Dorsey hasn't kept four QBs since he's been here. As for Murray, the plan was never for him to take over for Alex at some point imo. The plan was for him to be a career back up. He is in the exact same mold as Chase Daniel - small, smart, competent runner, elusive, and able to execute and manage a game plan.

I agree they are trying to win now. The window is closing imo. DJ is old. Hali is old. Charles is old. Berry and Poe might be gone soon. This is it. I really think we had a better team last year. 

Three QBs plus one of the PS sounds likely to me.  I wouldn't count the PS (Hogan) as a fourth since he wouldn't be eligible unless moved to the active roster.  What is Bray's status?  Is he out long term? 

Archived