Cuts from the Chiefs

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh did anyone else see a crawl on the NFL network that the Chiefs traded Streater to the 49ers! WTF!

I have been gone most of the day.  That's interesting.  Reid and Co. must think they really have a nice set of receivers already.  They sure have drafted and developed to achieve that.

This pisses me off big time. 

I had the same feeling initially, but then tried to imagine how Streater would give the Chiefs more than Conley and Wilson.  My question about WRs is why did the Chiefs keep both Hill and DAT?  Same roles and same skill sets.  Why keep Davis over Reaves?  If Hill and DAT are returners, why keep Davis to return kickoffs?  Maybe the Chiefs aren't through dealing.

I had the same feeling initially, but then tried to imagine how Streater would give the Chiefs more than Conley and Wilson. My question about WRs is why did the Chiefs keep both Hill and DAT? Same roles and same skill sets. Why keep Davis over Reaves? If Hill and DAT are returners, why keep Davis to return kickoffs? Maybe the Chiefs aren't through dealing.

I feel DAT earned his spot. Hill has great potential. Davis is a solid RB despite his fumbling problems and is a good kickoff returner. I think DAT should be the punt returner if they don't deal him away and Hill plus DAT in a 4 or 5 receiver set will be matchup nightmares for opposing corners.

Idk this is crazy

I had the same feeling initially, but then tried to imagine how Streater would give the Chiefs more than Conley and Wilson.  My question about WRs is why did the Chiefs keep both Hill and DAT?  Same roles and same skill sets.  Why keep Davis over Reaves?  If Hill and DAT are returners, why keep Davis to return kickoffs?  Maybe the Chiefs aren't through dealing.

My impression is Reaves may be placed on their PS. We will see. Also, Davis does provide a decent option for Kick returns. A lot of teams may wish to have a player like Knile Davis, but if the Chiefs release him, why would they offer a trade. The Chiefs kept Knile Davis instead. It will not shock me to see the Chiefs receive a reasonable compensation for Davis this season.

DAT seemed to be the old DAT, which is good. He took last season off. Even before he got the concussion, DAT seemed to be off. I do know, since I follow players on Twitter, Thomas was really invested in promoting his logo on merchandise. He was consumed with it so much that it seemed playing football was secondary. De'Anthony performed better this preseason. So, maybe he got the message. In addition, I mentioned Hill's success at WR may actually help DAT stay on the team. Hill is still raw at WR, but it is apparent he is a lot further along than I anticipated.

Davis, DAT, and Devey may be the first to go. I expect the Chiefs to try to make trades. They need a better Swing Tackle, ILB, CB, and OLB. They may not be able to mend all those deficiencies, but the Chiefs will need players to trade if they have that option. 

Knile Davis is gone whenever Jamaal is ready and the only cut that really surprised me was Pughsley.

I was surprised, but the Chiefs likely have a better grasp of the players on their own team. I imagine there will be some changes as the season progresses.

You are right about Charles. I still think the Chiefs hope to get something for Davis though. It may all work to the better. It is not best to rush Charles back too soon.

I agree there are always surprises in store after the cuts.  Many who clear will be brought back for the PS.  We will pick up some cuts from other teams, make deals with teams for players that were not cut, and sign some free agents.  For the first time in decades, I trust the leadership of this team.  Dorsey is very clever at working the financial end and in evaluating talent. 

I still think that Knile Davis will be traded in a package. But if he isn't, he will be kept because he is a very fast bullish runner who likes to run straight ahead at high speed into the face of danger on kickoff returns and makes would-be tacklers flinch.  That isn't a bad thing to have on your team.  He also makes a halfway decent RB in a pinch.  We are just so deep at RB, that the only reason to keep him is for ST, so I still think he will be part of a deal. Maybe an extra 5th round pick or something.

They've been floating him in a trade for over a year.  Nobody wants to give the Chiefs anything for him because they know we're not going to keep him.  oh and he mostly sucks

They also don't care enough about his ability to do a trade to fend off other squads on the waiver wire.  He's just a fast guy that made some noise because he played for the best ST coach in the NFL.

If the Vikings are willing to give a Rd1, and a Rd 4 for a mediocre QB, anything is possible. Look what Indianapolis gave up for Trent Richardson! Knile Davis is better than Trent Richardson.

Richardson was the 3rd pick overall by the Cleveland Browns. They traded Richardson to Indy for a 1st round pick. After two rocky seasons with the Colts, he was waived. Oakland picked him up, and signed Richardson to a lucrative two year contract. Richardson got sick with pneumonia, missed much of training camp, and was released before the final cuts. This year Baltimore gave Richardson a try. Once again, Richardson was released before making it to the final 53.

Knile Davis sucks, but let's keep that little secret to ourselves, and hope there is one team out there which is not aware of this.

It looks like all the trade for Streater gained was a swap of seventh round draft picks. Huh? I've read all the replies and I still don't understand this move but I'm not the GM of the Chiefs so what the hell do I know? Hope they kept the right players.

Wilson is what they want as a #2. There was never any doubt. The Chiefs are often about the right guy. Not the best guy. Streater was not brought in to compete with Wilson. He was brought in to replace Avant. In the end, there is too much young talent to keep a guy to play that small of a role.

As far as special teams go, I still think Hammond ends up on the roster before its all said and done.

It looks like all the trade for Streater gained was a swap of seventh round draft picks. Huh? I've read all the replies and I still don't understand this move but I'm not the GM of the Chiefs so what the hell do I know? Hope they kept the right players.

Yeah, but now we get an earlier seventh.  Never know when the guy one really wants in the seventh is gone before one's pick.   :)

Actually, I think Streater was going to be cut so it cost nothing to swap.  If the Niners have a better record than the Chiefs this year, it will be all over for the staff anyway.  Won't dropping Streater save about $700,000 in cap money?

Yeah, but now we get an earlier seventh.  Never know when the guy one really wants in the seventh is gone before one's pick.   :)

Actually, I think Streater was going to be cut so it cost nothing to swap.  If the Niners have a better record than the Chiefs this year, it will be all over for the staff anyway.

He was definitely going to be a cut.  Trading him, even for the saddest compensation maybe ever, freed them for being on the hook for his signing bonus and any workout bonuses he might of had.

They also controlled where he went.

Archived