Cuts from the Chiefs

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

De'Anthony Thomas was 22 when he "quit on" football. I made a lot of mistakes before, and after that.

Age 22 is a big year for most people. Around that time, people become what they will be for the rest of their life. Women mature a little sooner, and some guys never do. However, around that mark people tend to fix their attitudes, and settle in to who they are.

Often people are vastly different at 21 than they are when the grow up. I have seen the worst punks, who I swore would had never been worth their salt, and yet they became solid citizens. I also have seen people who were regular folks, and they reached a certain age, then went nuts.

One reason marriages fail at an early age is the boy and girl make a change when they reach 22 or 23 years of age. It is common for a 17 year old bride, to leave when she reaches adulthood (22 to 25 years of age). They have a 'oh crap' experience, and their life changes.

I can see that in the life of Tyler Bray. He was a brat. He did some stupid things. Now, most of those were fairly harmless. He threw beer bottles. He made a fool of himself, and so on. A lot of us did the same, when we were young. I did. He grew up, and got married. I haven't heard a police report on him in the three years he has been with the Chiefs. I see a lot of tweets of him, and his wife. He is a private person, and kind of shy. That changed.

Black Mamba turned 21 a few months before the Chiefs drafted him. Tyler Bray turned 21 in December, before the Chiefs drafted him.

There is a correlation.

I don't agree with how you stated that as though all people become "fixed" in who they are at those ages.  People have life changing events at all ages.  I have seen people transform drastically in their fifties and sixties, usually after a spiritual revelation.  People are not as fixed as you say.  It is never too late for new insights and changes in behavior.  Change is a discipline, like weight lifting. First you catch yourself doing something harmful to yourself or others, after you are doing it.  Then you catch yourself just before doing it, but not soon enough to stop. Then you catch yourself a few seconds before and choose a different behavior.  Then you repeat the new behavior until it is a habit.  Then you repeat the habit until it hardens into character.  That is transformation.  But sometimes the insight or the will to pursue that discipline is sudden and spiritual. People have to want it.  Wanting to fake it to get out of prison or something like that does not work.

If people want to ignore the voices in their heads from their parents or their experiences and become different, they can.  But it takes exercise and discipline to get out of living in a world of reaction.  Once the old habit is consciously replaced by a new habit, it can become your new character but only by maintaining through effort on a daily bases, even if meditating on it only 15 min. per day.

I don't agree with how you stated that as though all people become "fixed" in who they are at those ages.  People have life changing events at all ages.  I have seen people transform drastically in their fifties and sixties, usually after a spiritual revelation.  People are not as fixed as you say.  It is never too late for new insights and changes in behavior.  Change is a discipline, like weight lifting. First you catch yourself doing something harmful to yourself or others, after you are doing it.  Then you catch yourself just before doing it, but not soon enough to stop. Then you catch yourself a few seconds before and choose a different behavior.  Then you repeat the new behavior until it is a habit.  Then you repeat the habit until it hardens into character.  That is transformation.  But sometimes the insight or the will to pursue that discipline is sudden and spiritual. People have to want it.  Wanting to fake it to get out of prison or something like that does not work.

If people want to ignore the voices in their heads from their parents or their experiences and become different, they can.  But it takes exercise and discipline to get out of living in a world of reaction.  Once the old habit is consciously replaced by a new habit, it can become your new character but only by maintaining through effort on a daily bases, even if meditating on it only 15 min. per day.

Bil you actually read E's posts?.. I lose interest after  I read who's posting it

jus teasn E

that being said ..i'm agreeing with Bil... you can get off the floor now Bil the world is not coming to an end

It's pretty interesting how the Chiefs shifted their practice squad this morning.  I've given up on trying to understand each move.  Some seem to be reserves to call up to the roster if injuries or poor play occurs.  Others must be stashed to gain pro training and experience.  But some are just a mystery to me.

It's pretty interesting how the Chiefs shifted their practice squad this morning.  I've given up on trying to understand each move.  Some seem to be reserves to call up to the roster if injuries or poor play occurs.  Others must be stashed to gain pro training and experience.  But some are just a mystery to me.

Its beyond me.  I'm glad the professionals are in charge. If we win a Super Bowl, the critics will all become true believers.

Bil you actually read E's posts?.. I lose interest after  I read who's posting it

jus teasn E

that being said ..i'm agreeing with Bil... you can get off the floor now Bil the world is not coming to an end

My heart is still pounding :lol:

Yes, I agree with you about change. My point is people tend to make a change, and stick to their change at a certain point in their life. For most, it is around 22 to 24 in life.

The speculation is that someone, like Dadi, comes down with an "injury" and is put on IR and stashed away. Or that O'Shaghenessy is cut. Either one seems plausible to me but less so with Dadi as he showed true pass rush skills and the fact that Teicher pointed out that it means the Chiefs only carry 4 olbs on the roster without him. I think Shags is gone or put on the practice squad and someone gets cut from there. Adams or Devey etc..

The speculation is that someone, like Dadi, comes down with an "injury" and is put on IR and stashed away. Or that O'Shaghenessy is cut. Either one seems plausible to me but less so with Dadi as he showed true pass rush skills and the fact that Teicher pointed out that it means the Chiefs only carry 4 olbs on the roster without him. I think Shags is gone or put on the practice squad and someone gets cut from there. Adams or Devey etc..

Dorsey said he will wait until the Saturday deadline to make a cut. I think that means he's trying to trade someone. However, you are are right. If he can't trade someone, I bet there is a good chance someone goes on IR. 

Dorsey said he will wait until the Saturday deadline to make a cut. I think that means he's trying to trade someone. However, you are are right. If he can't trade someone, I bet there is a good chance someone goes on IR. 

I think so too. I still find it odd that both Knile Davis and James O'Shaughnessy are on the roster. Really overloads both positions, so I'm curious if one of those two get traded or get the axe.

On a side note, I'm wondering if KC makes a play at Josh Kline, the guard that was supposed to get traded from NE to PHI, that got cut instead.

We still gotta get rid of one more player by Saturday because of the Berry exemption thing. Who will it be? I am still thinking DAT seems like the most likely. I am sure they will try hard to trade him or somebody.

Or Davis. I still can't figure out why he is still here.

Archived