I'd be pissed if I were him. I understand if he sits this year out. It's not about the money. It's about the insurance thing. With his health risk involved, he should get what he wants imo. He just looked death in the face. I hope he comes back but I am starting to have my doubts.

Maybe we have money to sign Whitner or Rolle now that Brown and Williams are gone?

I'd be pissed if I were him. I understand if he sits this year out. It's not about the money. It's about the insurance thing. With his health risk involved, he should get what he wants imo. He just looked death in the face. I hope he comes back but I am starting to have my doubts.

Maybe we have money to sign Whitner or Rolle now that Brown and Williams are gone?

I guess, but being mad about the insurance thing and giving up 10.8 million are two different things. I get that he has plenty of money and plenty of pride, but I would play. Yes they could franchise me the next year, but otherwise I'd be looking to get out the next year if it bugged me enough.

if he sits out because of that.. I'd let him sit and wave goodbye..dont need a pussy thin skinned child on the team..no one will pay him  what he would of made again especially after sitting out a year.

that being said I doubt very seriously doubt he is that mad/thin skinned or is that stupid.

if he sits out because of that.. I'd let him sit and wave goodbye..dont need a pussy thin skinned child on the team..no one will pay him  what he would of made again especially after sitting out a year.

that being said I doubt very seriously doubt he is that mad/thin skinned or is that stupid.

He's a pussy if he sits out because he had cancer and the Chiefs wanted to make them HIS beneficiary on HIS insurance policy if he gets hurt ? Shit....lol

In the history of the league no one has ever done what he has done. That said, hope he plays for us. 

Eric Berry was following orders from his agent.

His agent was doing the best for EB, by wanting the Chiefs to pay for a insurance policy for EB. The Chiefs had previously suggested EB take out one, but EB's agent said the Chiefs should pay for this. (may violate the policy re players performing under a franchise agreement) He also wanted the Chiefs to agree to not franchise EB a second season in a row.

EB probably got none of this. He will turn 28 by the end of the season. That is getting close to the age when the age is considered in the formulation of a new contract. It is likely EB will not get an offer as good as he got before, nor should he.

Eric Berry stays in good shape. I don't think having this preseason off hurt his ability to meld into the system. He will be ready to go on day one.

Lots of guys hold out......Lots of guys recover from injury and disease.

Berry is a great player and from what I have heard, he is a great person.

It is in HIS best interest to get back to the team and make sure he is ready for the regular season.

It takes time to get into NFL Shape and the risk for injury is great if you come back to game speed without the gradual acclimation of training camp.

If Berry gets hurt or gets injured, it does not help him.  Being "pissed" does not help him.

Being  PROFESSIONAL is his best position.

w

Broken record.

Lots of guys hold out......Lots of guys recover from injury and disease.

Berry is a great player and from what I have heard, he is a great person.

It is in HIS best interest to get back to the team and make sure he is ready for the regular season.

It takes time to get into NFL Shape and the risk for injury is great if you come back to game speed without the gradual acclimation of training camp.

If Berry gets hurt or gets injured, it does not help him.  Being "pissed" does not help him.

Being  PROFESSIONAL is his best position.

w

How do you know what's in his best interest? This isn't business. Not this time. I think that's the point everyone is missing. 

How do you know what's in his best interest? This isn't business. Not this time. I think that's the point everyone is missing. 

Football is a buisness. if he wants $$ its a business transaction....RU really that thick?

If he's holding out because he want to "heal" thats one thing  then he should retire and make a comeback

How is this not business?  I thought i read the Chiefs did right by him by paying him even though they did not have to, again speculating, but I don't think they have to pay if a person is on the non football related injury list.  Of course, everyone wants the long term deal.  But, there is NOTHING that can be done at this point.  There is no negotiating at this point that I know of.  Can you negotiate that if he signs you can't franchise him the next year?  I think that would have to have been stated in his original contract wouldn't of it? 

Not a pussy, but definitely a dumbass. The Chiefs paid him money during his cancer when they didn't have to ( and other teams know this). They paid him handsomely for his rookie contract. They were willing to pay him handsomely for this year. The insurance thing is not new and he will likely be taking out the policy next year for his new team.

A player that has been well taken care of sitting out a season for spite is not what teams are clamoring for. That is not the guy your invest your future in. Berry knows that. He will not sit out this year.

"How do you know what's in his best interest? This is not business. Not this time. I think that's the point everyone is missing."

Did Berry call you and share this secret or is this wild speculation? Well, you will be proven right when he sits out the season. You will be right and Berry will be wrong. I wouldn't count on it though.

looks Like he will return on Sunday B)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chiefs safety Eric Berry is expected to return to the team on Sunday, a source told The Star on Friday.

Berry has skipped the last month of training camp and practice in an effort to show his displeasure that the Chiefs were unable to reach a long-term contract agreement with him. Berry, who was designated with the franchise tag in March, is slated to make $10.8 million this year.

The Chiefs could use Berry, who is the four-time Pro Bowler and reigning NFL Comeback Player of the Year. The first-string defense has been gashed a bit in the Chiefs’ first two preseason games, and Berry, a very strong run defender, will surely help in that area when the Chiefs open the season at home against the San Diego Chargers on Sept. 11.

Berry’s return on Sunday puts him in line to potentially play in the Chiefs’ final exhibition game on Thursday at home against the Green Bay Packers, although it is not a given.

“I think it’s important to see what kind of shape he is in and then gradually bring him back into the football speed of things,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said earlier this week. “I don’t think it’s the end of the world if he doesn’t play in the last preseason game. The most important thing is to put eyes on him and see what kind of shape he is in so we don’t put him at risk out there.”

During Berry’s absence, rookie Eric Murray and third-year pro Daniel Sorensen have taken the majority of the reps next to entrenched starter Ron Parker.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article98044542.html#storylink=cpy

Archived