Against the Bears: looking for

1. The question of the day... Can the we stop the run?

2. Can we get pressure in the QB?

3. Will Phillip Gaines become a real part of this team or remain DB Cooper.

4. Will the real slim shady (or Chris Conley) please stand up.

I so want to believe in Gaines and Conley. They got it. Will they use it?

I usually make my official W-L prediction after the 3rd game. I want to see the first stringers look like they know what they are doing now that a half assed game plan will be installed. I'm more worried about our D from front to back

1. What defensive backs stand out on the 1st/2nd units

- someone needs to step up and solidify the #2 cornerback spot

- who will lock down the nickel spot? will it be a safety or corner?

- who will lock down the reserve safety spots?

2. How the ILBs look on the 1st/2nd units.

- stopping the run was a big problem and part of it was subpar play by the ILBs

3. How Ehinger looks this week

4. Who steps up to solidify the WR spots.

- will Conley be the #2?

- what will they do with Wilson

- who locks in the 5th and 6th spots?

5. Who looks to win the kick/punt return spots?

6. Can the Chiefs generate a pass rush without Hali/Houston?

- when will Ford stop looking like a boy amongst men?

- who will step up to win reserve positions? Moses? Mulumba? Massaquoi? Nicolas? More questions than answers so far.

7. Has Poe been lazy so far in pre-season to save himself and will he show push this week? Need to generate some pressure up the middle.

After seven preseason drives, the four Smith drives that didn't end with touchdowns ended with a Smith incompletion on third down, a Smith sack on third down, a Smith completion short of the sticks, and a Ware run on third-and-two that didn't convert. Two drives finished in the red zone, where the Chiefs are going to be even more vanilla than they normally have been.

I can live with this.

After seven preseason drives, the four Smith drives that didn't end with touchdowns ended with a Smith incompletion on third down, a Smith sack on third down, a Smith completion short of the sticks, and a Ware run on third-and-two that didn't convert. Two drives finished in the red zone, where the Chiefs are going to be even more vanilla than they normally have been.

I can live with this.

TD by Ware.

still pretty ho hum performance by the O all in all but Charles and West are sitting so kinda to be expected.. D looked better but it is Da Bears. Kinda hard to make a predicyion for 2016 W-L with this performance one way or another.

Just watching now... Gaines had White blanketed on DJ's sack. Cutler wanted throw it but just couldn't. I saw more from Gaines in that one play than Nelson, Cooper, White, or Russell have shown all preseason. He's gonna be the starter. I am sure of it.

Also, are we shopping Ware? He sure plays a lot and West is a lot more like Charles...

Ford is playing with violence... I'll give him that..

Lots of drops today..

13 points on 5 mostly time-consuming drives (2.6 points per drive) where the center is out, Albert Wilson is generating 1 yard per target, and Jamaal Charles isn't on the field. Cairo Santos would normally have been called out for the possible 54-yard field goal attempt on the third possession, but Reid evidently wanted to evaluate more of Dave Toub's punt coverage squad. This game is reminding me of last year's game against the Patriots, but this time the defense is playing well (against an admittedly inferior opponent).

Ehinger will not be tested nearly as much as he was last week. I want to see how he responds to a poor performance last week. I want to see who comes in after Ehinger, and how much they play.

Ehringer is definitely the starter. He has been since he got here. He looks alright to me.

We cannot keep all the players. Maybe we can shop Murray to Dallas or some other team. I think the Chiefs are going to keep two QBs on the roster, and put Hogan on the practice team. I don't know what they will do with Bray. My thoughts are they will IR him, but maybe not.

The Chiefs have some difficult decisions at RB. They will keep Charles, Ware, and probably West. West has been hurt, but they know what he can do. Sherman, Davis, and Reaves seem to be on the bubble. The Chiefs may wish to trade one of more of these guys. It is not usually easy to trade a RB

WR position seems to be stacked. T Hill showed what I thought he could do. I currently have him as the #4 WR. At the end of the season, Hill could become the #2. Maclin, Hill, and Conley are sure things. After a good start, Streater has not done much. You guys don't want to hear this, but Frankie Hammond outplayed him this preseason. Hammond, Streater, Wilson, and Robinson are on the bubble. I don't think the Chiefs can get anything for their WRs on the bench. DAT is also on the bubble, but actually could benefit by T Hill showing he belongs as a top receiver.

The Chiefs will keep 3 TEs. Kelce, Ross, and Harris are going to make the team. O'Shaugnessy, and Parker are on the bubble.

The Chiefs have 7 OL that belong in the NFL. They normally go with 8. I believe the Chiefs will watch who gets cut, and may make a move. Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, LDT, Schwartz, Fulton, and Reid seem to be secure. Pughsley, and Jordan are on the bubble. My guess is they would rather go with 7, and hope to back fill the 8th later.

Wilson is on the bubble? Lol

No way dude. He had drops but so did Maclin, hill, and Conley. I don't think he's great or anything but I do understand they want him in there. He's a starter period.

I think they should take Hammond over Robinson on the 53 too. They need to put Robinson on the PS and take their chances

I might keep Parker over Ross too. He can block.

Jerrel Johnson might make the 53 too. He has quietly played very well.

Ehinger may be replaced when he goes against a bigger athlete. I think Jah Reid is currently a better fit. The Chiefs may get lucky when teams cut down to 53.

I doubt it. They won't mess with the chemistry unless he is getting whipped on every play.

Archived