Paul Kruger???

pretty plane to see they couldn't afford him even if they were interested

Cap magic is a funny thing.  We always have Maclin, Houston, or the ace in the hole of asking Alex Smith to convert some money to a signing bonus.  I know the latter won't be popular among the anti-Alex Smith fans around here as he is financially movable after this year, but I like him and we aren't gonna draft the next big QB next year as we are gonna be drafting in the later half of the draft again next year...

We also have some cap hits fighting for their jobs right now.  Parker, Mauga, Ford(expendable if kruger was signed), Sherman, Knile Davis, Streater, DAT, Cooper, Murray etc are all hits that would free up cap space as we have a ton of CHEAP youth turning heads.  

Between the scenarios above and the approx 3.8 million in space they currently have, they could make the numbers work...with Hali at the end of his career and dee ford making less sense every day, this is not just a short term, but a long term solution that the chiefs could get behind...

Free agent Paul Kruger scheduled to visit Chiefs after Saints

If you thought Paul Kruger made too much sense for the Kansas City Chiefs then rest assured knowing the Chiefs front office agrees with you.

The Chiefs are one of at least two teams that Kruger will visit. ESPN’s Mike Triplett reports he will visit the Saints first and then the Chiefs.

It’s concerning that he’s going to New Orleans first. If the Saints want him, they’re going to do all they can to keep him in the building.

The Chiefs can offer more than the Saints in two key categories. First, Kansas City is the more established team and is more likely to make a playoff run.

If winning matters, Kansas City over New Orleans. Second and most importantly, the money. The Chiefs have about $3 million in cap space. One of the few

teams with less than that is the Saints, who have just $1.3 million, according to the NFLPA cap report. It’s not clear what kind of money would be needed to

land Kruger, who played three years of a five-year, $40 million deal in Cleveland.

Kruger would offer pass rush help to a Chiefs team that needs it. Justin Houston is out for some amount of time. Tamba Hali is 33 years old,

is coming off knee surgery and didn’t participate in most of camp. After those two, things are murky.

Signing Kruger would be a red flag for Dee Ford, the Chiefs 2014 first round pick. Ford doesn’t appear to have taken the next step that the Chiefs hoped for.

You would hope that he would be able to anchor the pass rush for a while.

(Update: Others are saying this is more about depth, not Ford. OK, I can buy that. My point still stands)

Another fun fact. Andy Reid is part of the LDS church. So is Paul Kruger. In fact, Kruger went on a two year mission for the Church from 2005-07.

It was at a church in Independence, just a few miles from Arrowhead Stadium.

I am not that familiar with this guy. It looks like last year he started 15 games and had 27 combined tackles and 2.5 sacks. Was he hurt or just sucked?

He was really good in Baltimore a few years ago and earned a nice contract in Cleveland. It didn't work out as well in Cleveland. I don't really know why? In Baltimore he had Suggs on the opposite side going against the LT. Maybe that's why? If the price is right we should do it. He's better than our back ups. He is kind of a Marc Vrabel type player imo. He's tough, he's mean, he's got a high motor,and he's good against the run. He's a very good fit and he is much better than Dee Ford. Honestly, I would cut Dee Ford to sign him if we need to. 

Check this out... It is a nice little breakdown of what he can do.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Play-Like-A-Raven-Studying-Film-Of-Paul-Kruger/38336dd5-cb37-4c1e-9b2e-47c7bce931fc

Here he is beating Oakland's ass lol. He wreaked havoc and basically took over this game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap3000000418386/Week-8-Paul-Kruger-highlights

He was really good in Baltimore a few years ago and earned a nice contract in Cleveland. It didn't work out as well in Cleveland. I don't really know why? In Baltimore he had Suggs on the opposite side going against the LT. Maybe that's why? If the price is right we should do it. He's better than our back ups. He is kind of a Marc Vrabel type player imo. He's tough, he's mean, and he's good against the run. He's a very good fit and he is much better than Dee Ford.

Check this out... It is a nice little breakdown of what he can do.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Play-Like-A-Raven-Studying-Film-Of-Paul-Kruger/38336dd5-cb37-4c1e-9b2e-47c7bce931fc

Here he is beating Oakland's ass last year lol. He basically took over this game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cleveland-browns/0ap3000000418386/Week-8-Paul-Kruger-highlights

those oakland clips are good enough for me LOL :lol:

I am not that familiar with this guy. It looks like last year he started 15 games and had 27 combined tackles and 2.5 sacks. Was he hurt or just sucked?

From what I understand, he was moved to strong side linebacker under a new scheme, which wasn't a position that he excelled at.

From what I understand, he was moved to strong side linebacker under a new scheme, which wasn't a position that he excelled at.

I thought Cleveland runs a 34? Was he not on the outside there?

Had 2 shitty sack seasons sandwiching an 11 sack season I believe.

Report is out that he's signing with the Saints.  Not unusual that the first team visited signs him if they want him.  There will be others after this weekend and just the fact that the Chiefs wanted an interview with Kruger would indicate that they're shopping.  What would be the cap savings if Ford was released?

Report is out that he's signing with the Saints.  Not unusual that the first team visited signs him if they want him.  There will be others after this weekend and just the fact that the Chiefs wanted an interview with Kruger would indicate that they're shopping.  What would be the cap savings if Ford was released?

they probably offered 2 or more years and the promise to be a starter

$0

However, it would open a roster spot.

Archived