Cooper Traded to Arizona

Add Kenneth Acker, and subtract Marcus Cooper. I am sure both were traded for a low round draft pick. It may as well been a straight trade.

Is Kenneth Acker better than Marcus Cooper? Cooper is taller. Both are about the same size. Cooper did much better in the bench press during the combines (20 reps). On the surface Cooper is much more athletic, taller, and stronger. However, Cooper does not have nearly the on field awareness of Acker. Acker is younger.

My guess is the Chiefs are going to platoon Gaines and Nelson opposite Marcus Peters. They will keep 9 or 10 db (including safety). Acker seems better fit for a nickle, if he even makes the team. Russell, Eric Murray, and D J  White are likely to make the team. Eric Berry, and Ron Parker are the starters at S. Jeron Johnson was signed August 5th. Murray is likely to be kept in front of Sorensen, and Johnson replaces Flemming.

Sorensen, Flemming, and Carr will be cut. Shak Randolph will be cut, but they will try to place him on the PS.

Corner Back Marcus Cooper Traded to Arizona for undisclosed draft pick.

16 mins ago - View on Twitter
The #KCChiefs traded fourth-year veteran CB Marcus Cooper to the #AZCardinals for a draft pick. Some depth for AZ

I swear i almost had a wreck on the way home today when i heard this news....then i found out it was marcus COOPER and not Marcus Peters

:P :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived