Streater Traded to San Francisco

Until Conley got on the field and showed he is ready (Preseason game 3?). Streeter looked to be the second best WR on the roster. Hill is raw and Wilson has played terribly through preseason. I am really surprised that Street is not in the slot of the primary backup to Mac and Conley. We got nothing for him, so why not keep him on the roster. Makes no sense to me in a win now scenario.

I did expect Rod Streater to stay. I was thinking about it this morning: Maybe Streater has the tools to be a good NFL wide receiver, but not a good wide receiver in a West Coast Offense scheme. Once the vanilla playbook goes away and the playbook demanding mental acuity comes out, is it possible that Streater didn't shine? He also had less time in the offense than Jeremy Maclin, Albert Wilson, Chris Conley, and De'Anthony Thomas.

The Chiefs kept Tyreek Hill as expected, and also kept Demarcus Robinson. With Eric Berry set to count against the roster before the Chiefs' first game of the season, there are still guys on the roster bubble at this point, particularly any one of the three cornerbacks drafted this year: D.J. White, Eric Murray, and KeiVarae Russell.

Archived