2016 Weekly Routing Guide

I did this last year and ran out of time or inclination. Let's see how far this season goes.

THESE ARE NOT PREDICTIONS!

Just a Weekly Routing Guide for our best interests at the time the games are played. Might change throughout the season.

Division games - Obvious, tiebreaker goes to worse team.

Conference Game - As of right now, no division leader factors yet (Steelers or Bengals, for example), just everyone in the conference besides us to lose, unless they play each other, then route for weaker team.

Draft - We want NFC teams to have good records to push their records up ad our draft pick higher.

Coin-Toss - Hard to choose because we want neither team to win.

Week One

Division Games

Chiefs over Chargers

Panthers over Broncos

Saints over Raiders

Conference Games

Chiefs over Chargers

Panthers over Broncos

Saints over Raiders

Cardinals over Patriots

Bears over Texans

Jets over Bengals

Bills over Ravens

Redskins over Steelers

Lions over Colts

Seahawks over Dolphins

Eagles over Browns

Vikings over Titans

Packers over Jaguars

Better Playoff Seed (More NFC Teams with Higher Record = Better Draft Pick without Hurting Playoffs)

Packers over Jaguars

Eagles over Browns

Falcons over Buccaneers

Vikings over Titans

Giants over Cowboys

Rams over 49ers

Coin-Toss Lose-Lose

Jets over Bengals

Bills over Ravens

Appreciate your efforts, but except for division games, I find it hard to care very much about other teams' records until about mid season.  Too many times there have been teams who surprised and teams who we thought were competitors that flopped.  All I know for sure right now is that I want the Raider to lose every game, but I've felt that way for fifty years.

• 3 months later...

"Obviously the best case scenario tomorrow is for Oakland to lose to Indy.This means we get the bye if we win out since we will hold the tiebreaker.

If Oakland beat Indy then our last chance to get the bye if we win out is for Denver to beat Oakland in week 17. The best chance Denver has to win against Oakland is if they still have a playoff spot to play for. This means we should cheer for Miami to lose to Buffalo, because if Miami wins then Denver is eliminated by a loss to us on Christmas day and will not have a playoff spot to play for in week 17. Houston, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Tennessee all hold tie breakers over Denver, so I think the best scenario is for Houston and Tennessee to lose and for Pittsburgh to beat Baltimore.

So anyways, if you are wondering who to cheer for tomorrow, maybe this will help."

I read the above from another board. Obviously, the important thing is for us to win out.

Archived