Bold and Not So Bold Predictions

1. Houston will either sit out season or play more than half the games. Early bye helps. He will average fewer sacks than his own average but still contribute non-numbers wise.

2. Alex Smith will have his first 400 yard game, in a win this time (386 career high was in a loss). He will also break 4,000 yards (passing + rushing; 3984 last year). More passing, less rushing. (Not so bold.)

3. Dee Ford will prove to be a good backup, when starting. Less when coming in as a backup.

4. Jamaal Charles will have more yards than all runningbacks, but will not lead the team in touchdowns rushing.

5. Poe will get extended at or after the bye.

6. Chiefs will clinch playoffs earlier than last year, division about the same as we clinched playoffs last season.

7. Fumble sixes and kick off/punt returns will score the same as pick sixes.

8. Two games will be moved television wise.

9. There will be two 5 game winning streak's somewhere.

10. Raiders and Chargers combined will lose more than either the Chiefs or Broncos win.

Houston will be playing again this year.  I'd say by no later than Thanksgiving.

I'd rather not see Alex Smith have a career high in passing.  That probably means they are losing.

I don't think so.  I think Dee Ford is a mid-tier player that coasts on natural talent and feeling secure of his roster position because of the poor shape we're currently in at OLB.

Possibly

I sure hope so

Would be nice, but the Chiefs will be fighting all year for a spot.

I have no idea what this means.

I'd rather they not be moved

Would be nice

Misleading because I think SD will have one of those "lost" seasons.  Again.

Yes, I don't want a career high in passing. But the bigger part of my production was that it would come in a win. It's not extremely bold, but it would fall in that category.

My comment about Dee Ford was as a back up. I felt that if he has to start, he will play well enough that we could think he could be a good back up. I don't think anyone will claim him to be a starter.

My comment about scoring on pick sixes was about a declining defense but a good special teams and lucky fumble bounces. In other words, I was just trying to get to 10 predictions.

A lot of people are high on Oakland this year, but I think they get seven losses or more. But you are right about San Diego, I don't know what I was thinking. I was trying to link our wins with their losses, but I don't think it matches up. I will think of something to replace that last one.

Yes, I don't want a career high in passing. But the bigger part of my production was that it would come in a win. It's not extremely bold, but it would fall in that category.

My comment about Dee Ford was as a back up. I felt that if he has to start, he will play well enough that we could think he could be a good back up. I don't think anyone will claim him to be a starter.

My comment about scoring on pick sixes was about a declining defense but a good special teams and lucky fumble bounces. In other words, I was just trying to get to 10 predictions.

A lot of people are high on Oakland this year, but I think they get seven losses or more. But you are right about San Diego, I don't know what I was thinking. I was trying to link our wins with their losses, but I don't think it matches up. I will think of something to replace that last one.

I don't think Dee Ford will be considered a good back up because I don't think he really gives a shit.

As for SD, I don't think they're a good team to start or that McCoy is a good coach.  Dicking their top pick over because they're cheap, the upcoming injuries, no-name D and the looming fact that they're probably going to LA to be Kronke's bitch because the Spanos are cheap bastards will all weigh the team down.

The Chiefs were called about trading Foles and said nah. I think they've got some long term plans for him.

Dorsey trades for a pass-rusher when Dee Ford fails to show up

I think we're getting close to the end of the Andy Reid era

How awful would that be for Reid to leave Foles one more time right before he starts? This time he'd be given a well-oiled machine that didn't run on novelty (Kelly's pace). I still think Dorsey and Reid have short and long term ideas, but will stock this team with options and go with the best one at the moment, as opposed to pushing for one guy, whether that be Smith, Foles, or a draftee. One might say, no duh, but I didn't feel that way in the past about other GMs or coaches we had.

I don't think that Reid is leaving soon, but I think one extension at most will be Reid's limit.  He's getting up there in age and eventually needs to start enjoying life.

I kind of get the idea this is what he enjoys doing. So, with that attitude, he may coach a long, long time. Reid seems to be a very stable person, who doesn't let things stay in his crawl.

I just looked, and he is only 58 years old. As long as he's healthy, Reid can coach for another 10 or 12 years.

1. Houston plays some in the last quarter of the season and makes an impact in the playoffs.

2. Charles hasn't lost a step and tears it up. Plagued by injury though.

3. Hill emerges as the second best WR on the team and starts in the playoffs.

4. Smith passes for 4000.

5. Gaines can't stay healthy.

6. Jones and Nichols have more sacks than Ford.

7. Moses becomes a solid starter.

8. Chiefs make it to the AFC Championship game.

Sure Dorsey and Reid won the Super Bowl this year, but only by 3 points.

They were up by 11 and tried to give the game away. In fact, they were up by eight and could've run the clock out, but instead kicked a field goal to put them up by 11. They let the NFC representatives score on a kickoff return.

Bold Predictions:

1.  Chris Jones leads the team in Sacks

2.  Chiefs lead league in PR/KR TDs

3.  Gaines stays healthy and is productive all season

4.  Charles is hurt a lot more than management is letting on and ends the season 4th in rushing yards

5.  Alex Smith is one of the people ahead of Charles in rushing

Not So Bold predictions:

1.  Knile Davis is not on this team at the end of the season

2.  DJ leads the team in tackles at the age of of 34

3.  Alex Smith stays healthy and we question what he could have gotten for Foles in a trade for an entire off season...

4.  Conley gets 750+ yards receiving this season

5.  Chiefs DOMINATE the league in rushing yards this season

I kind of get the idea this is what he enjoys doing. So, with that attitude, he may coach a long, long time. Reid seems to be a very stable person, who doesn't let things stay in his crawl.

I just looked, and he is only 58 years old. As long as he's healthy, Reid can coach for another 10 or 12 years.

I would never bet on Andy staying healthy.

Bold:

1. This is it for DJ and Tamba. Both will be on the couch this time next year. Both will lose a step this year. 

2. Marcus Peters will suffer from the sophomore slump. He will be going against the #1 receiver this year and I really don't see him as a shut down corner. He was targeted a lot last season. He will go against Deandre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, Allen Robinson, Brandon Marshall, Mike Evans, Demarius Thomas (2x) and Amari Cooper (2x). Moncrief, Cooks, and Allen (2x) are no slouches either. 

3. Alex Smith will have a career year. 

4. Frankie Hammond will be on the active roster in at least eight games. We need more special teamers. Especially if Conley actually starts as the #2. 

5. Hill will tie or surpass Dante Hall's single season special teams TD record of three TDs.

Not So Bold:

1. Dadi Nicholas won't have a sack. I hope he turns out to be good but, all of his preseason glory was against 3rd and 4th stringers. I doubt he is even active much. He will be this year's Justin March. It will be a "red shirt" year for him in some form.

2. Berry will have a career year and make the All Pro team again.

3. Nickel back will be a problem early in the year. I won't be surprised if we see Ron Parker playing nickel back again after the bye. 

4. Justin Houston will have little to no impact on this season. He will have less than five sacks if any.

5. Albert Wilson will be the #2 again early in the year. This whole Conley at #2 on the depth chart thing is just to motivate Wilson. Conley might be the #2 in some packages. Especially the three WR sets but, he won't be the every down starter. I don't see that happening. 

If Dadi Nicholas gets a good share of the playing time while Houston is down, I think he will get three sacks in the first half of the season.

Peters will get beat sometimes, but no sophomore slump.  The opponents will be focused on the other CB and probably for good reason.

Mugs, I don't know about Wilson reclaiming the #2 spot. Conley seems to have figured it all out. Albeit preseason, he has looked good.

I'm just not sold on Wilson, but the coaches obviously think differently, otherwise I don't think they let Streeter go...

Archived