Reid and Dorsey: 2016

The draft may turn out to be special. I expect big things from Chris Jones. Ehinger is starting, and I did not anticipate that happening this early. He needs to beef up, but he wasn't awful Sunday. Fisher was worse as a rookie. By the way, Fisher was the highest ranked LT this week. LDT may have been the best RG in the league. He was sensational. Back to the rookies, DJ  White had one of the best defensive plays out there. Murray had a good stop. Tyreek Hill came up with a huge play. That has to be a confidence builder. Russell and Dadi Nicolas were inactive. I don't yet know what to think about Russell. He may need time to get it going. Nicolas has demonstrated some unique skills. The only clear miss in the draft was Kevin Hogan. I was apoplectic about Hogan, and so far, I see no reason why I was wrong in my evaluation. Hogan was cut from the Chiefs' roster, and landed with Cleveland (on their practice team). To date, even with the loss of RG3 to a season ending shoulder injury, Hogan remains on the practice team for Cleveland (which is the pit of despair for quarterbacks in the NFL). 

The only change I would have made is to have addressed the ILB situation, and foregone the risk of drafting a QB, despite the lack of apparent talent. I am biased. I know Josh Forrest. I know his parents. I had him in class as a substitute teacher, when I first moved to Paducah, from KC. I saw him interact with students, and the way he carried himself. I saw his athletic ability in basketball, and I saw him take over games as a WR and Safety in H.S. I saw how he was mishandled in college, and still made the most out of it on a losing program. He is 6'3 1/2", and weighs 250 lbs. I know he needs to get stronger, but the kid will work hard. Unless something tragic happens, Josh Forrest will be one of those guys who ends up being a very good starter in this league. I did not see the Tyreek Hill pick, and that may end up being huge. So, my angst is partially assuaged, but the Chiefs could use a guy like that, especially after DJ hangs it up, and March slides over to his natural position.

I like the fact they let Russell go because it showed that if you do not cut it, you do not play.

Jones is already a monster, Ehringer only gets better, White looks good, Hill looks pretty good...

They wanted a better CB for depth, they went out an got  one....They wanted a better LB...they went out and got one...

Reid and Dorsey are doing a great job so far.

w

I like the fact they let Russell go because it showed that if you do not cut it, you do not play.

Jones is already a monster, Ehringer only gets better, White looks good, Hill looks pretty good...

They wanted a better CB for depth, they went out an got  one....They wanted a better LB...they went out and got one...

Reid and Dorsey are doing a great job so far.

w

Yeah.  Jones is the whole package.   :lol:   Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

It is remarkable that they would cut a talented 3rd round pick.  I guess they expect a non-starting guy to be great on ST, and he apparently just wasn't, and they are already filled with good people at his position.  Still, very gutsy.  No prior regime would have done that. They would have been too egotistical to admit that they drafted someone in the third round who ended up really not what they need this year.  I also think that this regime feels like they are either ready to go for a Super Bowl or very close, with only a few little pieces missing.

Hill is obviously a great talent but I remain worried that he may become a star in a couple of years and then suddently beat up a girlfriend again and end up embarrassing and hurting the team. I hope not.

Archived