Ugh, I had to remind myself that was a Broncos win, not a Chiefs loss. I tried convincing myself that was a Panthers lost and not a Broncos win, but that did not work. I mean, nothing could be worse than the Broncos Super Bowl victory, right? But since this is a new season, this is more relevant now and bugs me more. When they won the Super Bowl, our season was already over.

Denver got a big break, and won the game. You cannot count Denver out. They overcame Peyton Manning to win the SB. I still believe the Chiefs can win the AFC West, but it will not be a cake walk.

I suppose the league will look into every hit to the head laid on Cam, and find no harm not foul. Pathetic.

Dunno if it will be no harm no foul as I've seen a couple national articles really question the officiating on the head shots and also question why Cam didn't seem to go through concussion protocol when the league is publicly saying they are about player safety. Didn't seem to be the case with a national audience watching.

Won't surprise me to see a some fines take place so the NFL can save face. At that it's a who cares on Denver's side cause they got out of there with the W.

Dunno if it will be no harm no foul as I've seen a couple national articles really question the officiating on the head shots and also question why Cam didn't seem to go through concussion protocol when the league is publicly saying they are about player safety. Didn't seem to be the case with a national audience watching.

Won't surprise me to see a some fines take place so the NFL can save face. At that it's a who cares on Denver's side cause they got out of there with the W.

I know in a decent world, player safety reigns supreme. But we cannot act like we wouldn't be upset with Denver winning if Newton left the game. We would've felt that Denver was rewarded by their hit to the head. Maybe they were physically speaking (I say maybe because I don't know the extent of the damage, concussion, just short of it, or OK football-relative), and I'm pretty sure they were benefited mentally speaking due to losing confidence in the line or worrying about things.

Again, he should protect himself and the league should have a good protocol for that, but if he had left the game, I don't know if Anderson would have played better to avoid the loss and I would deathly have felt that Denver not only got away with hits, but one because of it. We can still say they won because of it, but it isn't so direct. So if the Newton is OK, football relative healthwise, I'm glad he played because I feel now that they would have won either way. I know that the hits could have made his performance worse, but we can't control everything. That's what those hips are minimally designed for. Maximally they could be designed to injure a player.

The NFL is starting to look more and more like a fixed system. Last night they showed all the "superstars" who won the SB in their last season, so many more since Smellway. Look at the cities as well, NO shortly after Katrina, Patriots after 9/11 etc...

The broadcasters brought up the fact that the teams physician makes the decision on if a player comes back on the field not the leagues Doctor.

If I was a player, and my team had little to no concern of my health, I would move on. Cleveland is a prime example of what not to do. Colt McCoy was concussed, and they made no effort to take him out.

As one who suffers from concussions, it is serious business. The refs were horrible, and should be removed from the game. In boxing,if an official fails to stop a fight, it can lead to a serious injury, even death.

The Denver players were head hunting. it was not incidental contact. The players went out of their way to use their helmets as a weapon to remove Cam from the game. Players need to me suspended, and have money extracted. if it continues, their coaching staff needs to be disciplined by the league.

That's what made me most frustrated. They won in spite of the head hunting. I thought Cam ran too much, made them upset and more targeting. Then the celebrations, etc. They are good and fine and teams are motivated anyway, but maybe more aggressive. I mean, they were dirty and late with Alex Smith, the non-showboat, so it's there regardless, but I believe some people turn competitive things into aggressive actions.

Is there anyone here that still wishes that the Chiefs had Cam Newton?

I'm in a Pick 'Em league with 13 other guys, and I'm the only one that got the result of the Panthers @ Denver game pick right.

Cam Newton is overrated. He doesn't get the job done against elite defenses.

I had Denver losing on a FG miss. That was a last-minute change from Denver winning on a field goal made. Got it all reversed. Didn't think he was going to win it by his performance, though a better kick would have done it.

Is there anyone here that still wishes that the Chiefs had Cam Newton?

I'm in a Pick 'Em league with 13 other guys, and I'm the only one that got the result of the Panthers @ Denver game pick right.

Cam Newton is overrated. He doesn't get the job done against elite defenses.

You gotta be kidding. Newton played a fine game, good enough to win. He took numerous cheap shots to the head, and still drove them into field goal range at the end, when he appeared to still be seeing stars. His kicker missed the field goal to lose it, and it's Cam's fault? What are you thinking???

You gotta be kidding. Newton played a fine game, good enough to win. He took numerous cheap shots to the head, and still drove them into field goal range at the end, when he appeared to still be seeing stars. His kicker missed the field goal to lose it, and it's Cam's fault? What are you thinking???

He's been hating for some time now..

If I was a player, and my team had little to no concern of my health, I would move on. Cleveland is a prime example of what not to do. Colt McCoy was concussed, and they made no effort to take him out.

As one who suffers from concussions, it is serious business. The refs were horrible, and should be removed from the game. In boxing,if an official fails to stop a fight, it can lead to a serious injury, even death.

The Denver players were head hunting. it was not incidental contact. The players went out of their way to use their helmets as a weapon to remove Cam from the game. Players need to me suspended, and have money extracted. if it continues, their coaching staff needs to be disciplined by the league.

They are a filthy, cheap-shot defense.

But then again, Denver has always been able to play by a different set of rules.

Nothing really new here.

Archived