Chargers VS Chiefs game thread

363 yards 3TDs/1INT is a great game and afaik is a career effort by Alex. He was pretty bad early on today.

This game alone shows that your stance is bullshit

You guys bag on that dude for being so negative. He's actually positive for once, about Alex Smith of all players, and you still shit on him. Maybe you should look in the mirror when calling people haters. Get off his ass for once.

NO, it means he had a great half. Or it means he had a good game which started out shitty. It's like playing a great game but losing. It truly was not great if you lost because the ultimate goal is to win. Tes I have heard people in here say they played great but lost.

As far as bagging on him, I want consistency not wishy washy. If you believe he played shitty at first but turned it around say that.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO, it means he had a great half. Or it means he had a good game which started out shitty. It's like playing a great game but losing. It truly was not great if you lost because the ultimate goal is to win. Tes I have heard people in here say they played great but lost.

As far as bagging on him, I want consistency not wishy washy. If you believe he played shitty at first but turned it around say that.

You can have a great game even if you're not great for all 4 quarters.  You have some really stupid standard for having a great game.

A lot of other people are doing basically what he did.  Why aren't you all up in their butts about it, too?

How about you start by explaining how this isn't a great performance:

34 48 70.8 363 7.6 2 1 3 33 97.8 4 15 3.8

In which none of it was garbage time. 

Than explain how he had a great performance early in the game.

You can have a great game even if you're not great for all 4 quarters. You have some really stupid standard for having a great game.

A lot of other people are doing basically what he did. Why aren't you all up in their butts about it, too?

How about you start by explaining how this isn't a great performance:

34 48 70.8 363 7.6 2 1 3 33 97.8 4 15 3.8

In which none of it was garbage time.

Than explain how he had a great performance early in the game.

How is mine any stupider then yours? Because I differ from the way you feel or think? I NEVER said he didn't have a great game. I NEVER said he had a shitty game. My opinion was the game, to include Smith started out slow but eventually got into a rhythm, like the rest of the team and ended up with a win.

I guess it comes down to the definition of great. Some would say a player who had 5 great years out of 10 makes the player great. Others would say 8 of 10 and still others would say 10 out of 10. I just don't give out the term great very often, it cheapens the term.

How is mine any stupider then yours? Because I differ from the way you feel or think? I NEVER said he didn't have a great game. I NEVER said he had a shitty game. My opinion was the game, to include Smith started out slow but eventually got into a rhythm, like the rest of the team and ended up wit a win.

I guess it comes down to the definition of great. Some would say a player who had 5 great years out of 10 makes the player great. Others would say 8 of 10 and still others would say 10 out of 10. I just don't give out the term great very often, it cheapens the term.

Because your point has no logic, basically.  You're just bitter.

The first drive wasn't shitty. The second drive I think was. The third and fourth drive was a combo of line and him not making a play (there was a time or two he held on too long). Team played shitty, he was mediocre overall first half, and then the team played ok in third quarter, great the last 17-20 minutes.

I'm with liquid here, this is silly heir splitting.

The first drive wasn't shitty. The second drive I think was. The third and fourth drive was a combo of li wand him not making a play (there was a time or two he held on too long). Team played shitty, he was mediocre overall first half, and then the team played ok in third quarter, great the last 17-20 minutes.

I'm with liquid here, this is silly heir splitting.

Yep.

He had a rough spot earlier on in the game and went on to have a career performance.  Everybody was right and wrong today because the Chiefs trolled everybody.

Everyone was shitting on them earlier, so lay off on singling people out.  Just enjoy it.  The Chiefs just had the biggest comeback in Franchise history; chalk it up to a wacky ass day and move on.

I just re-read this entire thread.  Way fun.  Kind of an emotional play-by-play.

And the winner of the thread?   No question.  It was GoChiefsGo.  Great game, man.  I should learn a thing or two from you. NEVER GIVE UP.  NEVER.  (unlike me).

I don't recall the Chiefs ever winning like this.  Their philosophy or goal has always been great D and decent O.  But a great O is what allows this type of comeback.

Final thought.  Tyreek Hill is fast.  That's no hype.  I can't wait to see him run under a 50 yard bomb and take it home with no one within 15 yards of him.  If he does that a couple of times, secondaries will definitely loosen up...and panic.

Another reason where I won't ever fully respect the QBR rating. Rivers had a good game and you could say he is alone, but he had a full 20 points more than Smith.

Smith did have a interception, but the people who wrote the ratings like to act like they take into account interceptions that are the receivers and quarterbacks fault as opposed to just the quarterback. They also say they do the same thing for sacks, but I don't think they really do.

Yes, we were down by 21 points and so the points that you gain in that span of time isn't high because it is considered garbage time points or yards, but I would think that a comeback victory would have a higher rating. Rivers started really well, particularly when he still had Allen, but the running game did a lot of that and so I don't see why he gets so much credit there.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400874570

Another reason where I won't ever fully respect the QBR rating. Rivers had a good game and you could say he is alone, but he had a full 20 points more than Smith.

Smith did have a interception, but the people who wrote the ratings like to act like they take into account interceptions that are the receivers and quarterbacks fault as opposed to just the quarterback. They also say they do the same thing for sacks, but I don't think they really do.

Yes, we were down by 21 points and so the points that you gain in that span of time isn't high because it is considered garbage time points or yards, but I would think that a comeback victory would have a higher rating. Rivers started really well, particularly when he still had Allen, but the running game did a lot of that and so I don't see why he gets so much credit there.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400874570

QBR is crap.

I just re-read this entire thread. Way fun. Kind of an emotional play-by-play.

And the winner of the thread? No question. It was GoChiefsGo. Great game, man. I should learn a thing or two from you. NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER. (unlike me).

I don't recall the Chiefs ever winning like this. Their philosophy or goal has always been great D and decent O. But a great O is what allows this type of comeback.

Final thought. Tyreek Hill is fast. That's no hype. I can't wait to see him run under a 50 yard bomb and take it home with no one within 15 yards of him. If he does that a couple of times, secondaries will definitely loosen up...and panic.

Wow! Thanks Bilyous! Keep fighting. I have to say I was broken and thought it was over like the others but once the defense made a couple stops and the offense responded I started to get fired up. It ain't over until the final whistle blows. Never stop. Never surrender. Gochiefsgo! What a great victory.

here are my thoughts:

-San Diego really had a great gameplan to start the game.  They were doing a great job overloading the gaps to each of Ehringer's sides and carbon copying the Patriots gameplan from January, on offense.  They had no idea what to do when it came time for adjusting though, and I think that's why fans in SD are calling for some heads.

-SD has some good starters, but their depth is what did them in and where Dorsey, Reid and the Chiefs have a clear advantage.

-The start was the usual Andy Reid early season bullshit.

-Derrick Johnson is overcompensating for a rookie (basically) starting next to him.  Didn't have his usual performance.

-Tamba isn't finished just yet.

-Conley is going to be fine when he settles down into his #2 role. 

-Addae needs to be handed a suspension.  This isn't the first penalty he's been handed for cheapshotting Maclin.

-Sutton is gonna have to start getting more creative.

-Gaines is solid and like I said, they don't need Sean Smith anymore.

-Ford and Zombo combo is woof

-Spencer Ware is a man among boys.  They should try to put him on the block for some pass-rush help or a nickel

Also, I might rage if Andy goes back to his ultra-conservative playcalling again.  Stop with the damn dink and dunk

Also, settle on Peters.  He's a second year player to start and his play style thrives on a good pass-rush, and the Chiefs have none.  Kudos to them on keeping his attitude under control.

here are my thoughts:

-San Diego really had a great gameplan to start the game.  They were doing a great job overloading the gaps to each of Ehringer's sides and carbon copying the Patriots gameplan from January, on offense.  They had no idea what to do when it came time for adjusting though, and I think that's why fans in SD are calling for some heads.

-SD has some good starters, but their depth is what did them in and where Dorsey, Reid and the Chiefs have a clear advantage.

-The start was the usual Andy Reid early season bullshit.

-Derrick Johnson is overcompensating for a rookie (basically) starting next to him.  Didn't have his usual performance.

-Tamba isn't finished just yet.

-Conley is going to be fine when he settles down into his #2 role. 

-Addae needs to be handed a suspension.  This isn't the first penalty he's been handed for cheapshotting Maclin.

-Sutton is gonna have to start getting more creative.

-Gaines is solid and like I said, they don't need Sean Smith anymore.

-Ford and Zombo combo is woof

-Spencer Ware is a man among boys.  They should try to put him on the block for some pass-rush help or a nickel

Also, I might rage if Andy goes back to his ultra-conservative playcalling again.  Stop with the damn dink and dunk

Also, settle on Peters.  He's a second year player to start and his play style thrives on a good pass-rush, and the Chiefs have none.  Kudos to them on keeping his attitude under control.

Yes, I think depth explains an awful lot.  SD has some great starters, but as the game goes on, starters need a break, and as #2's rotate in, they just aren't as good as ours.  Depth makes the difference later in games.  Its going to serve us very well.

As for the pass rush, I don't think it is as bad as you say.  When those two great RB's of theirs were running through gaps, we had to concentrate on that.  Also, not too many QB's are willing to stand in and fire like Rivers.  There was a lot of pressure on him.  Guys were pushed back into his face.  He just didn't give a shit and has a great arm.  We need to rotate Chris Jones in more to add some pressure, too.

Yes, I think depth explains an awful lot.  SD has some great starters, but as the game goes on, starters need a break, and as #2's rotate in, they just aren't as good as ours.  Depth makes the difference later in games.  Its going to serve us very well.

As for the pass rush, I don't think it is as bad as you say.  When those two great RB's of theirs were running through gaps, we had to concentrate on that.  Also, not too many QB's are willing to stand in and fire like Rivers.  There was a lot of pressure on him.  Guys were pushed back into his face.  He just didn't give a shit and has a great arm.  We need to rotate Chris Jones in more to add some pressure, too.

Woodhead is good at getting insanely low and getting the decent chunks.  Melvin Gordon is a real bad RB if you don't give him a mile wide run lane and pretend tackle him.  They gave him some gigantic lanes early on.

Rivers had all day for most of the game and benefited from Allen going down.  They really didn't get in his face until the 4th quarter.

The depth that SD had with Marty is long, long gone now.

Disagree.  The pass rush was ineffective and Rivers was seldom pressured until the only sack by Ford.  I'll have to see the replay to see how Jones did.

Archived