Week-by-Week Game Ball Goes to...

This is not the ware I expected this thwaread to go. I wares not aware of the crewaretivity of this bowared everyware. Ware to go, evwareyone! I was vwarey scwared we ware going to lose yestwareday. We ware going towared a lost season. Swarey if my wareds ware ovwarebwoared.

Week Two, @ Houston: Marcus Peters, even though he had stupid calls against him

Offensive MVP: Spencer Ware, only guy who showed up and still didn't do as well as he could due to his fumble.
Runner-Up: Not going to do a runner up for this game.

Defensive MVP: Marcus Peters - 2 Interceptions - even though he taunted and PI'd (or at least was called for it).
Runner up: Not doing one for this game, but 19 points for the defense is a good number.

Special Teams: Santos - Only points for the game - could have been Hill, if not for bogus holding call on the return.

Santos kicked the ball out of bounds. Other than that, he had a good day. However, we cannot exclude that kick, which placed the ball on the 40, and put Houston in scoring position, soon thereafter.

Had the refs been normal, Tyreek Hill would have scored on that 105 yard return. He needs to be a bigger part of the offense. He would have been my OMVP

Defensive MVP may have been Peters, but he too made some mistakes. He was off and on. Dontari Poe was great the entire game. He gets my DMVP.

Peters.  His first interception was a game changer.  The second was luck on a deflection.

Ware:  Andy should have used him on the goal line on first down from the two and the fumble against the pylon hurt, but even with those, he carried the load and was generally successful.  I'd love to see JC and Ware together in the backfield.  Two good running backs that can both catch the ball and take it long.

Honorable mention, Kelce:  Loved the way he ran over the defender for extra yards and his TD dive was classic.

Santos kicked the ball out of bounds. Other than that, he had a good day. However, we cannot exclude that kick, which placed the ball on the 40, and put Houston in scoring position, soon thereafter.

Had the refs been normal, Tyreek Hill would have scored on that 105 yard return. He needs to be a bigger part of the offense. He would have been my OMVP

Defensive MVP may have been Peters, but he too made some mistakes. He was off and on. Dontari Poe was great the entire game. He gets my DMVP.

He sure troubled Fitzpatrick.  We got no sacks, but he never had a pocket.  Fitzpatrick needs to be able to step up into a pocket to throw well.  There was no pocket, because the terrifying Poe was again playing lights out.  With Ford a failure, Hali getting old and slow, and Houston gone, our pass rush is non-existent.  Without Poe squeezing the pocket, we would be in a world of hurt. Mobile QB's who can throw on the run will be very difficult to handle, even with a collapsing pocket.

Poe, Howard, and Bailey did a good job blowing up interior lineman. Chris Jones will get more reps as the season continues. 

I am looking forward to a lot more Chris Jones.  Though I know nothing about the difficulty of changing schemes in the midst of a season, I still wonder if Sutton could change to a 4-3, with Jones in there as a starter.  It would sure help with the LB situation and greatly improve the pass rush.  I sure don't like Zombo except on special teams.  Maybe Ford would be of some use on ST for the remainder of this season.  Then trade him.

Yes, I'm in for trading Dee Ford. Moses was in for him a lot yesterday. I think the coaches are just about done with him. I really don't think Ford has the mental fortitude/discipline to be a great or even good player. He's fast, and has shown he can run with RB's, but that's it.

He hasn't put on the weight or studied the game like Tamba recommended to him his rookie year. He'll be traded or cut after this year..That's my take on him.

Yes, I'm in for trading Dee Ford. Moses was in for him a lot yesterday. I think the coaches are just about done with him. I really don't think Ford has the mental fortitude/discipline to be a great or even good player. He's fast, and has shown he can run with RB's, but that's it.

He hasn't put on the weight or studied the game like Tamba recommended to him his rookie year. He'll be traded or cut after this year..That's my take on him.

Ford probably has no trade value.  By the third year, teams know he won't develop.

Ford probably has no trade value.  By the third year, teams know he won't develop.

Maybe he could be packaged with others to get a mid round pick.  Some team with lots of holes or with very poor depth would do that deal.  Throw in Zombo and DAT and Ford in a package for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

DJ was MVP.

Kelce got the game ball on Offense for that Stiff Arm....wow

Santos on ST...dude is lights out.  Hill is close...

w

Glad you mentioned Santos.  He is already becoming almost automatic, even at considerable distance.  He is a gem.

Maybe he could be packaged with others to get a mid round pick.  Some team with lots of holes or with very poor depth would do that deal.  Throw in Zombo and DAT and Ford in a package for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I assume you're joking.  If Ford can't play on a team hurting for pass rushers as much as the Chiefs are, where could he succeed?  Zombo looked a little better than in the first game, but he's not starting quality.  Don't know about DAT.  He was inactive yesterday but the team  has other players in the same role so maybe he would fit somewhere else. The Chiefs would be lucky to get a sixth for the whole group.

Archived