I'm happy enough with the Chiefs' red zone defense to not worry too much about this game. Brock Osweiler managed a couple touchdown completions yesterday, but his red zone passing game does not demonstrate the ability needed to consistently score touchdowns.

The game will be more about whether the Chiefs' offensive line can protect Smith. The Texans will bring with their pass rush what the Chargers could not.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy enough with the Chiefs' red zone defense to not worry too much about this game. Brock Osweiler managed a couple touchdown completions yesterday, but his red zone passing game does not demonstrate the ability needed to consistently score touchdowns.

The game will be more about whether the Chiefs' offensive line can protect Smith. The Texans will bring with their pass rush what the Chargers could not.

Online is better than last years version and they did well in the post season game.

Better cover Hopkins and that kid Fuller..

J.J. wasn't much of a factor yesterday.  He won't have two sub-par games in a row.  Losing Cushing will hurt them.  IIRC, the Chiefs didn't substitute a single time in the O-line against the Chargers.  They may need a little help from Jah Reid this time.  It probably depends on the offense getting cranked up earlier in the game and not giving up turnovers.

J.J. wasn't much of a factor yesterday.  He won't have two sub-par games in a row.  Losing Cushing will hurt them.  IIRC, the Chiefs didn't substitute a single time in the O-line against the Chargers.  They may need a little help from Jah Reid this time.  It probably depends on the offense getting cranked up earlier in the game and not giving up turnovers.

JJ Watt came back too early and won't be a force for awhile.

The Texans are better than they were when the Chiefs humiliated them. It is hard to beat a team three times in a row, especially at their home. The Chiefs dominated them 30 to zip. That was a pounding, and they will remember this. They get a chance at revenge. You know from the day the league posted the schedules they have had this day circled on their calendars. This is a big game, and they will be ready. They will have tape, and be prepared to win this game. This means something to them.

Brian Cushing tore his MCL, and will be out six weeks. So, the Chiefs will get a bit of a break there. However, the Texans' running back, Lamar Miller, is new, rested, healthy, and dynamic. Miller averaged 5.1 yards per run in 2014, and 4.5 yards per rush in 2015, despite playing behind a poor OL at Miami. The Texans' OL is really good. Duane Brown peaked in 2012, but also had a good season in 2014, and is only 30 years old. He is still good enough to be a top ten LT. Xia Su'a Filo was horrible as a rookie, but he has gotten stronger, and is better. Greg Mancz rated solid in pass protection, but poor in rush blocking. The Texans weakness is at Center, and Left Guard. They signed Jeff Allen, and he has been superb. Allen is very good at rush blocking, and has been good at pass protection. Right Tackle, Derek Newton was the second highest ranked OL free agent in 2015. Newton stayed in Houston, so him and Allen pretty much dominate the OL on the right side.

The Texans have three outstanding receivers. De Andre Hopkins is one of the best receivers in the league. Jalen Strong backs him up, and is a big target with 4.45 speed. Will Fuller has 4.3 speed, and is their #2 WR. Fuller catches the ball with his body. Because he is lightening fast, corners give him a huge cushion, and he eats up the intermediate passes. If they corner presses him, he can definitely burn most corners. The key will be to chuck him on the line, and not let him get a clean release. He is thin, and weak. Braxton Miller backs up Fuller. Miller was a former QB, and was one of the quickest wide receivers at the combine. His lack of experience at WR holds him back.

This will be a tough game. I hope the Chiefs win, but I have marked it down as a loss. I hope I'm wrong. The Chiefs cannot afford to be as flat as they were against San Diego.

The Texans are better than they were when the Chiefs humiliated them. It is hard to beat a team three times in a row, especially at their home. The Chiefs dominated them 30 to zip. That was a pounding, and they will remember this. They get a chance at revenge. You know from the day the league posted the schedules they have had this day circled on their calendars. This is a big game, and they will be ready. They will have tape, and be prepared to win this game. This means something to them.

Brian Cushing tore his MCL, and will be out six weeks. So, the Chiefs will get a bit of a break there. However, the Texans' running back, Lamar Miller, is new, rested, healthy, and dynamic. Miller averaged 5.1 yards per run in 2014, and 4.5 yards per rush in 2015, despite playing behind a poor OL at Miami. The Texans' OL is really good. Duane Brown peaked in 2012, but also had a good season in 2014, and is only 30 years old. He is still good enough to be a top ten LT. Xia Su'a Filo was horrible as a rookie, but he has gotten stronger, and is better. Greg Mancz rated solid in pass protection, but poor in rush blocking. The Texans weakness is at Center, and Left Guard. They signed Jeff Allen, and he has been superb. Allen is very good at rush blocking, and has been good at pass protection. Right Tackle, Derek Newton was the second highest ranked OL free agent in 2015. Newton stayed in Houston, so him and Allen pretty much dominate the OL on the right side.

The Texans have three outstanding receivers. De Andre Hopkins is one of the best receivers in the league. Jalen Strong backs him up, and is a big target with 4.45 speed. Will Fuller has 4.3 speed, and is their #2 WR. Fuller catches the ball with his body. Because he is lightening fast, corners give him a huge cushion, and he eats up the intermediate passes. If they corner presses him, he can definitely burn most corners. The key will be to chuck him on the line, and not let him get a clean release. He is thin, and weak. Braxton Miller backs up Fuller. Miller was a former QB, and was one of the quickest wide receivers at the combine. His lack of experience at WR holds him back.

This will be a tough game. I hope the Chiefs win, but I have marked it down as a loss. I hope I'm wrong. The Chiefs cannot afford to be as flat as they were against San Diego.

Good scouting report, E. Pressure on the QB can neutralize that WR speed. On the other side I wonder watt condition Watt is in? Clowney seems to healthy for now. 

Brock made the right move. He was under the weight of following Elway, and Manning. There was no way he could win in Denver, and the offer he got from the Texans made that decision clear.

Osweiler has been as advertised for the Texans. He has the height, athleticism, and arm strength to be a tremendous QB for many years. The issue with Osweiler is he falls in love with his arm, and is eager to place the ball in tight spaces. This makes him prone to thrown interceptions. Fortunately for Osweiler is his receivers are good enough to create plenty of space.

If the Chiefs get to Osweiler it will have to be from the middle and left guard position. That is the weakness on their OL. The Chiefs may also know something about Jeff Allen, since he played for the Chiefs for four seasons. Houston does not use their TE much. He is more of an extra offensive lineman.

This may come as a shock to most of you all, but I am going to go with Houston to win this game. I think the Chiefs' comeback win was a nice way to start the season, but this is at Houston, and it is very difficult to win there three in a row. Houston is a really good team. They were embarrassed in the wildcard match up.

I'm afraid Brock Osweiler is going to have a big game. There is just not enough pressure from the outside, and his receivers are too tough. Their running back may be the best in the league or close to it. This will present a problem for the Chiefs, who had trouble stopping the run in the first half.

If Keenan Allen didn't get hurt, I am not so sure the Chiefs would have won that game. In fact, I am fairly confident they would not have. Allen was more than Marcus Peters could handle, and until he went out, the Chiefs did nothing to stop their running game. When Allen got hurt, San Diego became a little more one sided, and the Chiefs were able to stop the run.

I am going with Houston 28 over KC 24.

My heart says KC, but my head tells me this will not be our day.

Defense only allowed 6 points in second half. We always play great second half defense

We need Andy and co. To get some momentum on offense to start. Let Alex open it up right away. He looks hungry. He's got weapons. Unleash the offense. Throw it down the field.

I really hope we win and I believe we can and I think we will. I'm not definite on any of those. Losing to San Diego would've made this an absolute must win given that we are playing the Steelers in Week 4. And the Jets in Week 3. These are all AFC teams.

Winning last week lessens the blow if we lost, but I do think that we are underdogs against the Steelers. I'm not ready to predict the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl, but they are definitely favorites over us right now. Not saying we can't beat them, but Houston is more beatable and therefore we must.

We could lose to the Jets, but I have us beating them. Marshall and Decker will be difficult for our defense and with no pass rush, it might be a long day. All of these games are must wins, of course, I just think that we need to win the coin tosses and hope for the best against the best.

I really hope we win and I believe we can and I think we will. I'm not definite on any of those. Losing to San Diego would've made this an absolute must win given that we are playing the Steelers in Week 4. And the Jets in Week 3. These are all AFC teams.

Winning last week lessens the blow if we lost, but I do think that we are underdogs against the Steelers. I'm not ready to predict the Steelers to go to the Super Bowl, but they are definitely favorites over us right now. Not saying we can't beat them, but Houston is more beatable and therefore we must.

We could lose to the Jets, but I have us beating them. Marshall and Decker will be difficult for our defense and with no pass rush, it might be a long day. All of these games are must wins, of course, I just think that we need to win the coin tosses and hope for the best against the best.

We win this week and the jets are going to lay it on us.

Archived