• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last week you have to think the Chiefs will have a let down and lose. But, wait a second, maybe that incredible come from behind victory is a catalyst that propels the Chiefs to hitertofore unimaginable heights! I have no idea who wins. I'll be watching and rooting for the Chiefs. Hope the latter is the case.

Eninger got a concussion in practice, Wednesday. I don't expect him to be active Sunday. LDT has a high ankle sprain. So, Reid and Fulton are probably going to be the replacements. Who backs them up? Hopefully, the Chiefs won't need another player on their line, but what happens if someone does get banged up? Weitzman will pribably be active. The Chiefs like to go with 7 active on their OL. Will they bring up a player from their practice squad? Maybe, but the Chiefs may also keep LDT active, and hope they don't need him.

LDT has a high ankle sprain, but was able to finish the game witg it last Sunday. If it isn't a bad sprain, they might be able to put him in as a last worst choice.

Considering how the league is monitoring concussions, I think the NFL should increase team rosters. Perhaps the league could allow for 55 on each team, and allow teams to activate inactive players from their 45 man squad if injuries deplete the team.

The league has a rule whereby an inactive QB can be immediately activated if the active QBs are not able to play. I think this makes sense. If it make sense for a QB, why not for other positions? In my opinion this too makes sense, and should be implemented.

Eninger got a concussion in practice, Wednesday. I don't expect him to be active Sunday. LDT has a high ankle sprain. So, Reid and Fulton are probably going to be the replacements. Who backs them up? Hopefully, the Chiefs won't need another player on their line, but what happens if someone does get banged up? Weitzman will pribably be active. The Chiefs like to go with 7 active on their OL. Will they bring up a player from their practice squad? Maybe, but the Chiefs may also keep LDT active, and hope they don't need him.

LDT has a high ankle sprain, but was able to finish the game witg it last Sunday. If it isn't a bad sprain, they might be able to put him in as a last worst choice.

This is totally not supported by any numbers, but it seems like I have seen more concussions in practices around the league than concussions in the games. I understand in game not reporting your symptoms and it not being detected because you want to win the game but afterwards I could see it being seen more. But maybe, once the game ends, you figure you'll be recovered by the next week, even though it doesn't really work that way.

If the above is awkward to read, please understand I am composing my thoughts, and entering them on a very old cell phone. It autocorrects a lot of words, and the keyboard is small. Normally, I try to make corrections, but that feature is not working for some reason.

My apologies.

Embarrassed this team 30-0 in the playoffs. They've been waiting for this game and you better bet your bum they're coming out strong, fast, and angry. This will be one tough game for the Chiefs.

Nonetheless, Chiefs prevail in another embarrassing fashion

Chiefs 42

Texans 3

No miracle comebacks this time.  Alex may not have enough time to throw. Missing both guards is bad. Fulton is pedestrian J.J. Watt is getting healthier and is pissed about last year. Texans also get 3 points for being at home. Chiefs first half last week was very worrisome.  I believe it is a 50:50 chance we lose.  I hope not. It definitely will not be a blowout. Ford needs to put in a full effort for a full game.

No miracle comebacks this time. Alex may not have enough time to throw. Missing both guards is bad. Fulton is pedestrian J.J. Watt is getting healthier and is pissed about last year. Texans also get 3 points for being at home. Chiefs first half last week was very worrisome. I believe it is a 50:50 chance we lose. I hope not. It definitely will not be a blowout. Ford needs to put in a full effort for a full game.

Ford. You know what they're gonna do don't you? Pound the rock to Ford's side with Lamar Miller all day long.

Chiefs run D has been worrisome since preseason. Seriously, they need to stop the damn run. That's the key to this game. This Miller guy is no joke. This is DJ's game.. He needs to step up bigtime tomorrow or they'll lose

No miracle comebacks this time. Alex may not have enough time to throw. Missing both guards is bad. Fulton is pedestrian J.J. Watt is getting healthier and is pissed about last year. Texans also get 3 points for being at home. Chiefs first half last week was very worrisome. I believe it is a 50:50 chance we lose. I hope not. It definitely will not be a blowout. Ford needs to put in a full effort for a full game.

Stop worrying about JJ watt. He is coming off of a back surgery. Did zero last week and is now limited. Be more concerned with defense.

Ford. You know what they're gonna do don't you? Pound the rock to Ford's side with Lamar Miller all day long.

Chiefs run D has been worrisome since preseason. Seriously, they need to stop the damn run. That's the key to this game. This Miller guy is no joke. This is DJ's game.. He needs to step up bigtime tomorrow or they'll lose

Sounds a lot different than your prediction of 42-3 Chiefs.  But your new interpretation sounds a lot more realistic.  I agree with Cali.  We had better at least control the run, if not stop it.  Make them take a while to score.  Not TOO long.  Doing that would keep the ball out of the hands of the Chiefs.  Its a delicate balance.  I am hoping for a major win by Toub and the special teams.  I think we also are going to need a turnover advantage to win.  We will win for sure if we get two turnovers from them.

Sounds a lot different than your prediction of 42-3 Chiefs. But your new interpretation sounds a lot more realistic. I agree with Cali. They had better at least control the run, if not stop it. Make them take a while to score. Not TOO long. Doing that would keep the ball out of the hands of the Chiefs. Its a delicate balance. I am hoping for a major win by Toub and the special teams. I think we also are going to need a turnover advantage to win. We will win for sure if we get two turnovers from them.

That prediction was more sarcastic than hopeful. I hope to see Chris Jones get more reps in this game. They'll need him in the second half, especially in the fourth. He's super fresh and will tire down their OL, opening up blitzing lanes.

You can count on Smith and Ware to take care of the ball. I predict Peters will get his first pick this game

That prediction was more sarcastic than hopeful. I hope to see Chris Jones get more reps in this game. They'll need him in the second half, especially in the fourth. He's super fresh and will tire down their OL, opening up blitzing lanes.

You can count on Smith and Ware to take care of the ball. I predict Peters will get his first pick this game

One thing that makes me feel better is the QB situation.  It is pretty clear which team has the best quarterback.  Osweiler currently does not match up with Alex Smith. Teams with the better QB usually win.  I think our coaches know how to design coverages that will confuse a young Quarterback.  For Houston, it will come down to how well they pound the ball on the ground.  For the Chiefs, it will come down to whether our second string guards, who are the starters,  can pave the way for Ware and Co.  With Fulton starting, I am guessing we will run the ball as much as possible and in passing, exploit the space left behind when Watt rushes the QB. The TE's are going to be huge.  But Smith is going to have to get rid of the football a lot quicker than he did last week.  We did so well with the no huddle last week that we might see a lot of that tomorrow early in the game.

One thing that makes me feel better is the QB situation.  It is pretty clear which team has the best quarterback.  Osweiler currently does not match up with Alex Smith. Teams with the better QB usually win.  I think our coaches know how to design coverages that will confuse a young Quarterback.  For Houston, it will come down to how well they pound the ball on the ground.  For the Chiefs, it will come down to whether our second string guards, who are the starters,  can pave the way for Ware and Co.  With Fulton starting, I am guessing we will run the ball as much as possible and in passing, exploit the space left behind when Watt rushes the QB. The TE's are going to be huge.  But Smith is going to have to get rid of the football a lot quicker than he did last week.  We did so well with the no huddle last week that we might see a lot of that tomorrow early in the game.

Eric Fisher + Zach Fulton + Mitch Morse + Jah Reid + Mitchell Schwartz = Better than anything the Chiefs put on the field in 2015.

Parker Ehinger is a new player being started because it will make him a better player in the future, not because he's the best option to start today. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is better than either Zach Fulton or Jah Reid, but the difference isn't huge. I'd be much more concerned if the Chiefs had lost Fisher or Schwartz for this game.

No miracle comebacks this time. Alex may not have enough time to throw. Missing both guards is bad. J.J. Watt is getting healthier and is pissed about last year. Texans also get 3 points for being at home. Chiefs first half last week was very worrisome. I believe it is a 50:50 chance we win. I hope we do. It definitely will not be a blowout.

Fixed it for you.

Eric Fisher + Zach Fulton + Mitch Morse + Jah Reid + Mitchell Schwartz = Better than anything the Chiefs put on the field in 2015.

Parker Ehinger is a new player being started because it will make him a better player in the future, not because he's the best option to start today. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is better than either Zach Fulton or Jah Reid, but the difference isn't huge. I'd be much more concerned if the Chiefs had lost Fisher or Schwartz for this game.

I like where Reid left off last year. I thought he'd be starting by now.

I'm not worried about the offense whatsoever.

Archived