• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone can handle Marcus Peters, Any can. He knows how much freedom to give him before pulling him back. This team has a lot of leaders. They'll fix it. Hopefully, Peters made his statement, and will move on.

I don't mind Peters speaking his mind or raising his fist in protest. I just want him to take care of business. Whitlock has a lot to say about this subject. Peters is playing checkers. He needs to do his job with the Chiefs. I don't have Marcus Peters' experience. I bet he could tell us all something. Right now, he needs to show us.

Marcus Peters is NOT uncoachable. He is difficult. There is a huge difference. He was jacked up due to sideline issues for the opening day game. He had a bad game. The Chiefs won. They got lucky. I think he'll get it back. Maybe he needed a wake up call. He's hard headed, but that which makes him difficult, also makes him good.

Marcus Peters needs to get away from Shaun King. King is a fake, and large sums of money have come up missing that he was to use to help fund orphans. King is a weasel. Peters just needs to leave it all on the field. It's normal he wants to participate in his community. He needs to pick better associates, but that's his business as long as it doesn't affect his play on the field.

I think Sunday was a one off and he will be back strong.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned regarding Peters, while he didn't have a good game Rivers is still a very good QB and Allen is a really good WR. Maybe only 2 or 3 duos better, combine that with no pass rush and Rivers having a pocket to throw from and not many CBs would have done much better.

How do you determine what qualifies to judge the better cb? Do we base it on interceptions, passes defended against, opposing receiver pass attempts and passes broken up, or do we just base it on pff ranking? Gaines allows Peters to be thrown at, which allows Peters to get moreinterceptions. Each has a role, and each is valuable to the team. Marcus Peters' interception statistics stand out more, but are they more important?

Agreed. They have very different roles which complement each other perfectly. In the end INTs are more important because possessions are vital to winning.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned regarding Peters, while he didn't have a good game Rivers is still a very good QB and Allen is a really good WR. Maybe only 2 or 3 duos better, combine that with no pass rush and Rivers having a pocket to throw from and not many CBs would have done much better.

This part is being glossed over, a lot.  Allen has made a lot of CB's just look silly; dude's got amazing footwork.

Gaines, may be better than Sean Smith.

Agree.  The one play where Gaines got P.I. was a case of not finding the ball in time.  Other than that, I thought he played solid defense.  We were at the game, so didn't get all the replays, but it seemed that all the secondary had good games, especially considering a near total lack of pass rush.  The Chiefs desperately need Houston back if they're going to defend against better QBs.

Pathetic offense

They did not play well today, but at least it seemed like today's play was playing minimally. I do think that we see the Steelers at that game we need to try to pull all the stops for. We obviously are not good enough offensively to be hiding and dogging it, but I didn't see the same problems as the Houston game. Playing like we did today would've beaten Houston. It won't beat the Steelers, even if we have better playcalls.

Gaines, may be better than Sean Smith.

I absolutely agree.  He is like flypaper on receivers.  He is as good a cover corner as I have seen in a long time. In fact he "covers" receivers like Saran Wrap.  The loss of Sean Smith is no thing at all.  I had heard he was good, but I am a believer after these first three games.

Pathetic offense

I posted endlessly of my concerns about Tyreek Hill this spring concerning whether he might become a star, and then we would lose him to a repeat episode of abuse of a girlfriend.  But I have to say, in terms of pure football, this guy is already a playmaker and just phenomenal to watch.  Electrifying.  He makes moves at full speed that just plain make me laugh.  He leaves defenders sitting on their butt shaking their heads and looking embarrassed.  And he has great hands.  Very sure-handed catching the ball.  I think we have found our Devin Hester.

Archived