• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really need a shutdown corner in the AFC West.....Peters is the guy so far.  My only issue with him is immaturity.....but he is kid ...so you take the excellent performance overall and just accept some of his antics.

I am fine with Gaines and Nelson so far.

Still a Parker fan......

Berry is amazing....

Sorenson has played MUCH better this year IMO.  Not saying the dude is an all pro...just that he is playing better.

w

What's cheap about the Chiefs payroll?  They seem to be constantly up against the cap.  We can criticize the cap management, but I don't see Hunt as keeping the salaries low for profits.  Add in that Reid is probably paid more than the average coach.

Yep. You don't get a Super Bowl for cheap.  You can make a profit in KC with cheap, but not a Super Bowl.

What's cheap about the Chiefs payroll?  

Nothing.  That is exactly why we are getting closer to a Super Bowl.  Cheap but still profitable is what the Chiefs front office did for some decades prior to the arrival of Dorsey and death of Clark's father, Lamar.  Now they are competing with the big boys in big, rich cities with rich franchises.

And its for us.  We owe Clark Hunt a debt of gratitude. Lamar Hunt and Jack Steadman preferred to pump their money into Worlds of Fun, once the Chiefs had won a Super Bowl, back when players' salaries were cheap.  Jack Steadman preferred porking bimbos in his front office and partying  to actually re-building a great team.

Gaines will stay solid if he stays healthy.  He needs to work on getting his head around.  Those PI's probably are not called if he does that.  All in all, I am fine with his play so far.

Gaines played well in his first two games. He was torched several times his third outing. Now we find he is injured with a bad knee. It seemed he was not himself against the Jets. Gaines has had the injury bug all through his career. Hopefully, this knee problem is not serious, and he can be back 100% soon.

Gaines and Peters may be out for the game at Pittsburgh. Peters has the flu, and has not yet returned. It may be a game time decision. White, and Nelson will start if Gaines and Peters are not able.

The Steelers got pounded against Philly, but I do not expect they will be easy. Their defense isn't a good as it historically has been. Their offense didn't get started, but with Bell back, and the Chiefs having injury concerns, the score may be high.

Archived