Both Starting Guards out vs Houston

You're not supposed to be two-deep into depth after one game, but there's the breaks. (Well, at least nothing is broken.)

Bryan Witzmann is the last healthy lineman before the Chiefs start having to play tight ends and defensive linemen on offense. The Chiefs may be looking to elevate Jordan Devey or Jarrod Pughsley from the practice squad.

It's week two, and I'm getting reacquainted with the Chiefs' practice squad. It's too early in the season for this.

Seems to be a recurring theme with the O-Line. Year after year.

yea. I guess Andy an Company with his experience think they can find serviceable O-Linemen for cheap. Back with DV our O-Line was expensive but they got what they paid for..just wondering out loud but I wonder what the % of the teams salary is for our O-Line now?

The signing of Swartz so far has been nothing to crow about

yea. I guess Andy an Company with his experience think they can find serviceable O-Linemen for cheap. Back with DV our O-Line was expensive but they got what they paid for..just wondering out loud but I wonder what the % of the teams salary is for our O-Line now?

What!?

That guy was a beast last week.

Also, what does salary have to do with getting injured?

Also, what does salary have to do with getting injured?

thats not the point...salary make up has everything to do with depth and the ability to maintain quality depth

and altho you can take or leave the PFF rating..it is what it is..last weeks was..solid? absolutely..Beast?  I guess that depends on what you call  a beast

TE Travis Kelce, 82.3

LT Fischer 82.0

RG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif, 79.4

QB Alex Smith, 78.8

RB Spencer Ware, 76.3

RT Mitchell Schwartz, 75.7

thats not the point...salary make up has everything to do with depth and the ability to maintain quality depth

and altho you can take or leave the PFF rating..it is what it is..last weeks was..solid? absolutely..Beast?  I guess that depends on what you call  a beast

TE Travis Kelce, 82.3

LT Fischer 82.0

RG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif, 79.4

QB Alex Smith, 78.8

RB Spencer Ware, 76.3

RT Mitchell Schwartz, 75.7

"Pffft". Not "PFF". You're saying it wrong.

How many of the Chargers' pressures against Smith last week came through the B-gap? Now how many were because defenders were getting around Schwartz? If you're going to cite Pffft, why did you leave out Parker Ehinger?

You're asking for the Chiefs to pay for starting caliber offensive linemen that won't start unless there is injury? What about the fact that Ehinger is cheap, and is allowing the Chiefs to afford Jah Reid? What about the fact that Zach Fulton is on the team primarily because he's on his rookie contract? I think your position here is unreasonable. Who were the Chiefs supposed to sign that was going to be willing to sit on the bench although being a starting caliber player? This is a league with 32 teams, and over a thousand players who don't want to sit because it eats into their earnings capacity.

How many of the Chargers' pressures against Smith last week came through the B-gap? Now how many were because defenders were getting around Schwartz? If you're going to cite Pffft, why did you leave out Parker Ehinger?

You're asking for the Chiefs to pay for starting caliber offensive linemen that won't start unless there is injury? What about the fact that Ehinger is cheap, and is allowing the Chiefs to afford Jah Reid? What about the fact that Zach Fulton is on the team primarily because he's on his rookie contract? I think your position here is unreasonable. Who were the Chiefs supposed to sign that was going to be willing to sit on the bench although being a starting caliber player? This is a league with 32 teams, and over a thousand players who don't want to sit because it eats into their earnings capacity.

:lol:

Thank you for saying it better.

Archived