Game thread -Housron

either your Peter or Blil Clinton..both are great not answering direct questions and I have the same opinion of both as well...jus saying

Wow. Derailed. I shouldn't have to deny I'm someone I've never heard of just to get someone to answer a question I asked first.

There. I'm the same guy I always have been. I get this sort of garbage on every forum I've ever been on when I call someone out for saying something outrageous.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just answer the question. Worrying about who is asking what is just another lame way of not backing up your own logic.

It might shock you, but I really don't care what you think. His job is to make plays. Even if others are not pulling their weight. Unlike you, I am sure that he is not making excuses and throwing his team under the bus.

It might shock you, but I really don't care what you think. His job is to make plays. Even if others are not pulling their weight. Unlike you, I am sure that he is not making excuses and throwing his team under the bus.

Has Alex ever has a bad game his entire career?

No, probably not. A leader has to take the bullets because he's the leader. I'm not a leader, so I don't have to take bullets for him. I also don't have to stand for ridiculous blanket statements that don't take into consideration pertinent facts. Of course, if you're going to double-down on ridiculous, I'm not going to bother stopping you. Smith got a trashy offensive line performance and had two of his drives ended by the gross mistakes of others. Then, when the defense could have made big plays to save the game, they didn't.

Over the years, I've consistently seen fans blame Smith for not winning games that pretty much everyone else on the team had already lost for him. You're just another one of them.

No, probably not. A leader has to take the bullets because he's the leader. I'm not a leader, so I don't have to take bullets for him. I also don't have to stand for ridiculous blanket statements that don't take into consideration pertinent facts. Of course, if you're going to double-down on ridiculous, I'm not going to bother stopping you. Smith got a trashy offensive line performance and had two of his drives ended by the gross mistakes of others. Then, when the defense could have made big plays to save the game, they didn't.

Over the years, I've consistently seen fans blame Smith for not winning games that pretty much everyone else on the team had already lost for him. You're just another one of them.

Quit yer whinin, Petey.

4 years and oline still sucks. Not the only issue but it still sucks.

Stephensen is starting in Denver. No excuse after 4 years. You get a 3rd taken away then you make a poor pick and cut a third you traded up to get. No top picks on oline over last several years. Yes I know FISHER...different situation.

The season is young. The Chiefs were banged up today. It sucked. There's another game next week. Try harder to win that one. Maybe the Chiefs won't turn the ball over and shoot themselves in the foot. That about sums up this weeks turd laying for me.

fanatic brought it up but I'll pile on.. That third they just cut coulda been a dandy O-Lineman.. that was just a bad move/pick no matter howya spin it

I disagree. If he was good enough to play, should the Chiefs have cut the other two cornerbacks that have until now demonstrated more ability? Of course not.

A fairly standard Alex Smith day. Less than 200 yards passing. Over threw some open receivers on medium to long passes. Threw short of the sticks a few times on 3rd down and hoped the receiver would break tackles. He had a fumble and maybe could have shown a little more effort on the bad snap. But he didn't have an interception and that's very important to him. If we are counting on Alex Smith's abilities to carry us, we are in trouble. Last week, as I mentioned, he had a great game. But he needs EVERYBODY around him to play REALLY well for him to flourish. Today was much more indicative of Alex Smith than last week. I've said it a million times, he won't win many games and he won't lose many games. Last week he helped win, this week he was partially responsible for the loss. He's McMahon/Dilfer and we need an '85 Bears defense or a 2000 Ravens defense or even a 2015 Denver defense to win this thing. We need Houston for that and some improvement from Dee Ford and some more experience opposite of DJ. We don't have an elite, carry-the-team QB. Alex is a good, smart player. But those of you who have been Chiefs fans for awhile have seen the steady stream of Kriegs, DeBergs, Bonos, Grbacs, Huards, Cassels, etc. Unless this defense turns it around, Alex will just be another one.

A fairly standard Alex Smith day. Less than 200 yards passing. Over threw some open receivers on medium to long passes. Threw short of the sticks a few times on 3rd down and hoped the receiver would break tackles. He had a fumble and maybe could have shown a little more effort on the bad snap. But he didn't have an interception and that's very important to him. If we are counting on Alex Smith's abilities to carry us, we are in trouble. Last week, as I mentioned, he had a great game. But he needs EVERYBODY around him to play REALLY well for him to flourish. Today was much more indicative of Alex Smith than last week. I've said it a million times, he won't win many games and he won't lose many games. Last week he helped win, this week he was partially responsible for the loss. He's McMahon/Dilfer and we need an '85 Bears defense or a 2000 Ravens defense or even a 2015 Denver defense to win this thing. We need Houston for that and some improvement from Dee Ford and some more experience opposite of DJ. We don't have an elite, carry-the-team QB. Alex is a good, smart player. But those of you who have been Chiefs fans for awhile have seen the steady stream of Kriegs, DeBergs, Bonos, Grbacs, Huards, Cassels, etc. Unless this defense turns it around, Alex will just be another one.

Exactly. And last week, Alex smith threw to the running back folks for some seriously inflated stats. 130+ from a RB.

That won't work often and the continual lack of not pushing it down field will always limit this offense.

So Winston threw four interceptions and one touchdown in a game where he averaged 4.7 yards per pass and lost 40 to 7. He got a 26.4 QBR.

Smith threw zero touchdowns and zero interceptions, and had a fumble that should be attributed to him. 5.0 yards per throw. We lost 19 to 12 and he has a 10.2 QBR. More sack yards for Winston. 9 yards rushing for Winston.

There is seriously something wrong with a rating system that will punish a quarterback for staying close in the game but not doing anything versus a quarterback who gets blown out and does bad things. I understand not wanting to reward somebody for garbage points, but when it hurts you in a comeback (last week) and hurts you in a close loss where it doesn't hurt somebody who throws four picks in a blowout, it doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying that Smith does not deserve the bad rating that he got. I'm saying that I don't understand how other quarterbacks don't also get bad ratings for similar games and why it is that staying close was worse than getting blown out.

Ha! Love it!

There's a dozen corruptions of my avatar, and all of the corruptions are consistently lame. That one has to be the worst.

I guess y'all think you're pretty cool talking smack about the other Chiefs fans since you can't back up your comments with rational thought. Yeah, you're those fans.

There's a dozen corruptions of my avatar, and all of the corruptions are consistently lame. That one has to be the worst.

I guess y'all think you're pretty cool talking smack about the other Chiefs fans since you can't back up your comments with rational thought. Yeah, you're those fans.

All these people have been here and earned respect with credible posting for years.

You followed Alex here after jumping ship from the niners.

You bash guys like Justin Houston and Charles while blindly defending smith.

You are THAT FAN.

I guess y'all think you're pretty cool talking smack about the other Chiefs fans since you can't back up your comments with rational thought. Yeah, you're those fans.

STFU Petey.

All these people have been here and earned respect with credible posting for years.

You followed Alex here after jumping ship from the niners.

You bash guys like Justin Houston and Charles while blindly defending smith.

You are THAT FAN.

What criticism have I given to Houston and Charles (besides Charles' game-losing scoop six vs. the Broncos last year)? My complaint has been that one non-quarterback is never worth 10% of the cap. Justin Houston's injury leaves the Chiefs with far less than a full complement on Sundays. Even when he's on the field, he doesn't create 10% of the cap's worth of impact.

As for "jumping ship," when I left the 49ers, I came to a sorry 2-14 team. Where would the Chiefs be now if not for Smith? Would you still have Matt Cassel?

People can be fans of any team they want to be. Fans that denigrate other fans for any reason: Low.

Archived