Game thread -Housron

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schwartz and Fisher both had terrible games

Few had what one might consider to be a good game. Blame can be placed all around.

Fisher got burned, and had multiple penalties

Morse had a disastrous bad snap

Schwartz got beat twice by JJ Watt

Fulton couldn't deliver

Jah Reid was no better

Alex Smith was off the mark, and failed to locate wide open players

Ware lost his first fumble--- ever!

Maclin had two drops

The list could go on and on. The coaches, the players... the score.. one touchdown, and they called a 105 yard return back for Tyreek Hill.

Just think if this game wasn't hyped, the Chiefs were at full staff, and nobody thought winning 3 in a row against Houston at home was a big deal!  

The Chiefs just need to do the small things, and put this game in the dumper. It sucked, and they still lost only by one freaking score.

Burn the tape.

This team has been owned as whole in spots.

It's still early in the year, so we'll have to wait and see. They need to show up next Sunday, or we could be staring at another 1-4 start.

What stuck out to me was the offense and the crowd was just flat for an afternoon where they were finally getting the KC monkey off their backs.

The defense played more than well enough for  a win.  Peters got burned a couple of times, but also had 2 picks, almost 3.  The offense as a whole, struggled.  But, Houston has a good defense. 

These games happen.  Move on to figuring out how to beat the J-E-T-S.

You can't play the same team three times in less than two years and expect to win every time. The Chiefs dominated them twice in the same season topped off with an absolute ass-thrashing in the playoffs and this time they were ready for the Chiefs but only won by 7 points because of stupid self inflicted turnovers and some injuries to the Chiefs that could not be schemed around by Sutton. I can see this team having to come to Arrowhead in the playoffs this year and the story outcome will be much different.

I guess Ehinger and LDT was more valuable than we all thought....I for one, thought the Oline would play better with Fulton and Reid. Idk, maybe they were rusty. Schwartz got owned by Watt. If we had problems with Houston, how in the hell are we gonna stop Denver's front???

The broncos game is down the road, but I know the coaches have to be thinking about it.

Anyways, on to Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall, Leonard Forte, Enunwa, Darrelle Revis and the great Fitzpatrick!

I guess Ehinger and LDT was more valuable than we all thought....I for one, thought the Oline would play better with Fulton and Reid. Idk, maybe they were rusty. Schwartz got owned by Watt.

Almost everyone gets owned by Watt. Watt wasn't the only Texan making life miserable in the pocket. I'm tired of hearing about how horrible Schwartz was in giving up a few plays to Watt when the entire line was giving up plays to guys not named Watt. If Watt was the only Texan making plays on defense and the Chiefs were losing plays exclusively on Schwartz' errors, the Chiefs would have won yesterday.

Almost everyone gets owned by Watt. Watt wasn't the only Texan making life miserable in the pocket. I'm tired of hearing about how horrible Schwartz was in giving up a few plays to Watt when the entire line was giving up plays to guys not named Watt. If Watt was the only Texan making plays on defense and the Chiefs were losing plays exclusively on Schwartz' errors, the Chiefs would have won yesterday.

true but Watt admittedly is not 100%.

The loss should be blamed on the entire Offense ..and the coachs

It was the perfect storm. Mac had his worst game as a Chiefs. Smith was off. The line got man handled. We had a ton of costly penalties. Any one of those things not happen and we win the game.

Hats off to the D for keeping us in it. They really played well and had to spend a lot of time on the field.

The Offensive Line looked pants shitting stupid for about the first two months last year, before they finally figured out how to properly pick up rushers and look not bad.

More of the same again this year.  They need to make some positional coaching changes.

E:  On a side note, I think Fulton had the best game on the entire line.

Fisher also did fairly decent.  Not a good gameplan by Reid, really.  Schwartz has looked okay; they gave him okay RT money....so they're getting exactly what they paid for tbh

Berry is not getting a long-term extension next year.  Chiefs let him walk; replace him with a cheaper...better player.

I thought Fulton was good for Fulton. He is good on the initial block, but cannot get to the next level. JJ Watt feasted on Schwartz all day long. I saw way too much of Marcelius, and Simon. On a run play where Tyreek Hill was given the ball to run, Clowney was lined up outside of TE Travis Kelce, who was barely wide of Eric Fisher. Kelce ignored Clowney, and blocked to set up a wall for Hill to run through. As soon as Hill received the ball, Clowney pounced on Hill, and there was no gain. It would have been nice if Kelce chipped Clowney instead of utterly ignoring him. An instant more, and Hill could have scampered past Clowney for daylight.

The play calling wasn't bad. the execution was horrendous. If Travis Kelce wants to be a well rounded TE, he might decide to block once in a while.

https://www.google.com/amp/kckingdom.com/2016/09/20/kansas-city-chiefs-alex-smith-must-show-preseason-trust/amp/

Article says Smith needs to trust his receivers more. I agree, though the drops and oline contribute.

But what got me thinking is the stat where he targeted Maclin 15 times and only got six catches. A few of those were off target as he had a bad day, at least one miscommunication, and some of them were drops. Connect on those and we would be talking about their connection/chemistry. However, coupled with the announcer in the San Diego game saying that Maclin was jogging often in the San Diego game, maybe there's an issue between Smith and Maclin?

Maclin didn't think he was going to get the ball and might've voiced it to him and then Smith forced it too much to Maclin in the Houston game? It didn't seem natural and it did not seem like last year. If there is a rift, I'm disappointed because we did well in the 1st game spreading the ball around.

Maclin needs to not jog and Smith needs a trust his receivers and not force the ball. That sounds like contradictory, forcing and trusting more, but there's a line I don't think we did either well last game. The line needs to block. Smith needs to not hold onto the ball so long, though I do like he is doing so looking for deeper shots.

https://www.google.com/amp/kckingdom.com/2016/09/20/kansas-city-chiefs-alex-smith-must-show-preseason-trust/amp/

Article says Smith needs to trust his receivers more. I agree, though the drops and oline contribute.

But what got me thinking is the stat where he targeted Maclin 15 times and only got six catches. A few of those were off target as he had a bad day, at least one miscommunication, and some of them were drops. Connect on those and we would be talking about their connection/chemistry. However, coupled with the announcer in the San Diego game saying that Maclin was jogging often in the San Diego game, maybe there's an issue between Smith and Maclin?

Maclin didn't think he was going to get the ball and might've voiced it to him and then Smith forced it too much to Maclin in the Houston game? It didn't seem natural and it did not seem like last year. If there is a rift, I'm disappointed because we did well in the 1st game spreading the ball around.

Maclin needs to not jog and Smith needs a trust his receivers and not force the ball. That sounds like contradictory, forcing interesting, but there's a line I don't think we did either well last game. The line needs to block. Smith needs to not hold onto the ball so long, though I do like he is doing so looking for deeper shots.

Garbage

Care to elaborate? Are you saying is garbage for speculation? Or are you saying it's garbage for there to be a rift? Or what? I blamed everyone and I tried to be deliberate in doing so. And I tried not to state as fact, just a question

I'll just say that the accusation of Maclin dogging it is the latest in a loooong line of excuses.

Maclin needs to not jog and Smith needs a trust his receivers and not force the ball. That sounds like contradictory, forcing and trusting more, but there's a line I don't think we did either well last game. The line needs to block. Smith needs to not hold onto the ball so long, though I do like he is doing so looking for deeper shots.

they had mentioned during the game or pregame that Mac had missed a day or two during this last week for "personal reasons" I think it musta been during the game because it was after one of his uncharacteristic drops..what ever his troubles are I wish him well so he can get his head straight.

Archived