Luck

SEMO

I wouldn't really call Luck an elite QB.

I would, but there's nothing to support him.  No QB can look good without a supporting cast.  Lots of QB's succeed when the rest of the team is good.  Look at all the rookies and replacements who have been winning games this year.  DEN, DFW, PHL, MIN, are examples.

I would, but there's nothing to support him. No QB can look good without a supporting cast. Lots of QB's succeed when the rest of the team is good. Look at all the rookies and replacements who have been winning games this year. DEN, DFW, PHL, MIN, are examples.

Bullshit.

He's got plenty of options at WR and while Gore is old, he can still be effective. There are some decent players on that line, too.

He's playing all shook and not making very good decisions with the football. You're living off his NCAA hype.

The Jqguars really weren't making life hard for him today and he checked it down left and right. He's scared.

He'll be elite. I discount all the foreign games..they are  abomination. Altho I watched very little on a crucial short yardage situation  when Gore was a no brainier he was on the bench and an incomplete  but catchable pass was thrown. HiIs supporting cast is in no way what Peyton had..from Coach on down

Liquid are you trying to tell me you wouldn't trade Luck for Smith straight across?

He'll be elite. I discount all the foreign games..they are  abomination. Altho I watched very little on a crucial short yardage situation  when Gore was a no brainier he was on the bench and an incomplete  but catchable pass was thrown. HiIs supporting cast is in no way what Peyton had..from Coach on down

Liquid are you trying to tell me you wouldn't trade Luck for Smith straight across?

Why would you ask such an absurd question?

I never said Luck can't be elite or it's all on him. I'm just saying that he's not playing "elite" and he's got more help than some people realize. Sure Pagano sucks, Grigson is a dipshit and Irsay is a pill popping idiot..but the 9 dollar figure man needs to produce.

He's not playing very well and really his production has been pretty pedestrian overall in his career.

I'd always take the upside with Luck, but I can't really argue for him over Alex if going purely on current performance.

I never said Luck can't be elite or it's all on him. I'm just saying that he's not playing "elite" and he's got more help than some people realize. Sure Pagano sucks, Grigson is a dipshit and Irsay is a pill popping idiot..but the 9 dollar figure man needs to produce.

He's not playing very well and really his production has been pretty pedestrian overall in his career.

I'd always take the upside with Luck, but I can't really argue for him over Alex if going purely on current performance.

gotcha..he could be elite but he's not playing Elite..ok  Even the "elite" Qbs have down years and your statement that Pagano sucks, Grigson is a dipshit and Irsay is a pill popping idiot. altho not arguable in my book gives him a pass at least for this year. He's stuck in Indy bless his heart and will probably be more of a Marino than an Elway or Manning at the end of it all.

• 4 weeks later...

Bullshit.

He's got plenty of options at WR and while Gore is old, he can still be effective. There are some decent players on that line, too.

He's playing all shook and not making very good decisions with the football. You're living off his NCAA hype.

The Jqguars really weren't making life hard for him today and he checked it down left and right. He's scared.

this is absurd and also very wrong

he is playing like one of the best qbs in the league

another ridiculous post.  you sure did rack them up here

He's had one full season that would be considered "good"

A lot of his stats are chalked filled with many attempts vs a shit division and over 600 attempts.

He's racked em up against some bad Defenses, but many QB's that aren't Alex Smith are going to rack em up against bad Defenses.  Sorry you guys didn't exactly fall into Peyton Manning, twice.

He's had one full season that would be considered "good"

A lot of his stats are chalked filled with many attempts vs a shit division and over 600 attempts.

He's racked em up against some bad Defenses, but many QB's that aren't Alex Smith are going to rack em up against bad Defenses.  Sorry you guys didn't exactly fall into Peyton Manning, twice.

every season other than last year has been very good.  

the colts are a very untalented team.  look at how many times the defense has given up 30 points since 2012.  stats don't always tell the whole story.

if a player has to be as good as peyton manning to be considered a success, then there will never be a successful qb.  there is a growing dialogue in the media about luck not being as good as advertised but it is stupid.  he is a very good, sometimes elite, playing on a very bad team.  

• 1 month later...

every season other than last year has been very good.  

the colts are a very untalented team.  look at how many times the defense has given up 30 points since 2012.  stats don't always tell the whole story.

if a player has to be as good as peyton manning to be considered a success, then there will never be a successful qb.  there is a growing dialogue in the media about luck not being as good as advertised but it is stupid.  he is a very good, sometimes elite, playing on a very bad team.  

I think he's a good QB, even if I said he's overrated, but he also has some noticeable flaws.

Has some issues deciphering what a Defense is doing and also has a tendency to hold onto the ball for far too long at times, which ieaves his Line hanging.

Those issues can be fixed through better coaching, at least.  That staff probably ain't going to get it done though.

He needs to figure out how Stafford is getting it done.

Archived