The Chiefs have three really good running backs. I think we tend to forget players. Charles is amazing. He will likely retire (hopefully not anytime soon), with the the highest yard per carry with significant touches. The Chiefs have had a long string of amazing running backs. Podolak, and Delaney from years back. Okoye, Allen, Todd McNair, Harvey Williams (just kidding), Barry Word, Holmes, Larry Johnson, Charles... now the Chiefs have three guys. Charles, Ware, and West. West put up some big plays today. Ware is amazing, although he coughed the ball up. Denver used to have great success finding, and developing running backs. The Chiefs seem to be doing that too. It's been fun to watch.

The Chiefs have three really good running backs. I think we tend to forget players. Charles is amazing. He will likely retire (hopefully not anytime soon), with the the highest yard per carry with significant touches. The Chiefs have had a long string of amazing running backs. Podolak, and Delaney from years back. Okoye, Allen, Todd McNair, Harvey Williams (just kidding), Barry Word, Holmes, Larry Johnson, Charles... now the Chiefs have three guys. Charles, Ware, and West. West put up some big plays today. Ware is amazing, although he coughed the ball up. Denver used to have great success finding, and developing running backs. The Chiefs seem to be doing that too. It's been fun to watch.

Good post. We've had pretty good run with pass rushers DT, Hali and Housron.

If my memory serves, we looked pretty crappy with Charles last season up until the injury.

My first thought is that the O-Line is good enough to open running lanes for the briefest of moments.

Charles likes to dance a bit and therefore he gets overwhelmed....

Ware and West just take the ball and run forward ( before fumbling...)

I am not sure what Jamal will bring to this offense.

w

If my memory serves, we looked pretty crappy with Charles last season up until the injury.

My first thought is that the O-Line is good enough to open running lanes for the briefest of moments.

Charles likes to dance a bit and therefore he gets overwhelmed....

Ware and West just take the ball and run forward ( before fumbling...)

I am not sure what Jamal will bring to this offense.

w

a bunch of  Swing Pass's  along the sidelines trying to get him into open spaces. Altho I am a big fan of Charles I think Andy uses him as a comfort blanket and stifles what little creative play calling he has. Play calling was not the problem  against the Texans. I dont see where Charles would of made a difference.

I think Charles is a big asset. We are prepared to lose 1 of the 3 to injury and still function. It is very nice. I would not trade him unless it is for a significant pass rusher or first round pick. Otherwise, you give up one of our best weapons while our window is wide open.

It is true what West said. Last year we did not get the running game going until after he was hurt, but I think that was line play improvement.

I think Charles is a big asset. We are prepared to lose 1 of the 3 to injury and still function. It is very nice. I would not trade him unless it is for a significant pass rusher or first round pick. Otherwise, you give up one of our best weapons while our window is wide open.

It is true what West said. Last year we did not get the running game going until after he was hurt, but I think that was line play improvement.

Charlie gets five yards every time he touches it. Could have used that this week. His big play potential will be an asset going forward.

Charles will be alright. How soon we forget! Charles can run decent pass routes, and he is an excellent blocker. I like keeping Charles to chip on pass rusher, and go out for a short pass. This helps give Alex time to make a longer pass, and use Charles as an outlet. Anytime Charles gets the ball in space, he can create. A dig route can also be turned into a wheel route. So, if the corner or LB comes up to stop Charles short, he can cut vertically across the field, and not many are capable of staying with him in that scenario.

I want to see the Chiefs incorporate Tyreek Hill into their offense more as well. Between Tyreek Hill, Jamaal Charles, and Jeremy Maclin, Maclin is the slowest, which is not all that slow. They would be difficult to stop.

My issue is not with Jamal Charles....although I agree he is a "high mileage asset"....

My issue is that Jamal has a very different running style as compared to West and Ware.

Our O-Line is not capable of figuring out what they are supposed to be doing right now, adding Charles is not going to guarantee they improve.  It just might add further confusion.

I hope Jamal comes back with a vengeance, but there are no guarantees.

w

My issue is not with Jamal Charles....although I agree he is a "high mileage asset"....

My issue is that Jamal has a very different running style as compared to West and Ware.

Our O-Line is not capable of figuring out what they are supposed to be doing right now, adding Charles is not going to guarantee they improve. It just might add further confusion.

I hope Jamal comes back with a vengeance, but there are no guarantees.

w

He doesn't have the touches that most guys at that age have. I'd be concerned if that were the case. Yes two Acl's is serious. But it's like tommy John, guys with speed still have it. The guy has great skills and vision. I'm excited.

a bunch of  Swing Pass's  along the sidelines trying to get him into open spaces. Altho I am a big fan of Charles I think Andy uses him as a comfort blanket and stifles what little creative play calling he has. Play calling was not the problem  against the Texans. I dont see where Charles would of made a difference.

Maybe an untimely fumble??

Archived