The Old Coalition

Never met anyone here.  But, there are a few that I consider friends.

I remember maybe 7-8 years ago a member named Calcus (?) had a daughter die.  Everyone stepped up and paid for an amazing arrangement that was sent to her funeral.  I believe AZ handled it.  It gave me a great respect for everyone here and truly believe that most here are good people.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the old days. I was a college student then and got my Chiefs fix here or on kffl.com and enjoyed the conversation here quite a bit. I was adamant about Croyle being the QBOTF....

I wrote a couple of articles when we had a front page. I started to come here less and less when the threads would devolve into insults and become like the old Star Board.

Now, I'm married with 3 boys (4th child coming in December), and don't have the time I used to have.

I would check my old bookmark from time to time and I had thought that the board had been shut down for good. I randomly typed that address in one time and work and now I'm back when I can be. 

I only made it Festivus twice, but got a great BBQ rub (chefdaddy?) and an autographed Will Shield ball to show from it. I'd like to track down that

rub again...

I remember the old days. I was a college student then and got my Chiefs fix here or on kffl.com and enjoyed the conversation here quite a bit. I was adamant about Croyle being the QBOTF....

I wrote a couple of articles when we had a front page. I started to come here less and less when the threads would devolve into insults and become like the old Star Board.

Now, I'm married with 3 boys (4th child coming in December), and don't have the time I used to have.

I would check my old bookmark from time to time and I had thought that the board had been shut down for good. I randomly typed that address in one time and work and now I'm back when I can be. 

I only made it Festivus twice, but got a great BBQ rub (chefdaddy?) and an autographed Will Shield ball to show from it. I'd like to track down that

rub again...

Ditto on the rub.  I actually used to order it from his website.  Don't know if he still has it or not.  I lost that address a long time ago.

What say you, Xen?

It was called The Pampered Chef. Bought some for Christmas.

Yea I bought a gift box from him as well..went over pretty good and wife lived the crate and empty bottles..wonder whatever happened to him.

I googled Pampered Chef and according to Wikipedia it was started by a woman in 1980 so either he was given a mean letter from a lawyer or that was not the name. the FB page is more cookware etc than  the things he was selling

rub again...

I know you must be tired of this question because I have two girls and one more girl on the way, but do you know the gender of the fourth one? How often do you get people asking you whether you were trying for a girl?

rub again...

I know you must be tired of this question because I have two girls and one more girl on the way, but do you know the gender of the fourth one? How often do you get people asking you whether you were trying for a girl?

Yea I bought a gift box from him as well..went over pretty good and wife lived the crate and empty bottles..wonder whatever happened to him.

I googled Pampered Chef and according to Wikipedia it was started by a woman in 1980 so either he was given a mean letter from a lawyer or that was not the name. the FB page is more cookware etc than  the things he was selling

James Ellison on Facebook.

Murphy pretty regular on Facebook. So is Pop. Chieftessand Busy mom brought me here from the old KC STAR board in 2004.

Those festivals games were the very best. Remember the red zone broadcasts??? ?Mully called Tamba Hali as our first round draft pick on that show.

What fun times.

Damn, what time flies. Miss the ladies and the bulk of flatulence jokes at Murph's expense. :D

I remember joining right after the Vermeil/Chiefs 13-3 season.  I used to live on this forum, and got so worked up and passionate about the Chiefs. Time sure flies, and it's hard to believe that was about 12 years ago. I've met a few of you during a Arrowhead stadium tour, but don't know anyone on here that well. 

I never met Rangerwoody, but always thought it was a cool thing you guys did, having been former military myself.

There are a lot of people I remember that posted on here that I don't see anymore. When this forum took a hiatus, I went back to Chiefsplanet, pissed someone off over there, and have never been back since. This is still my favorite Chiefs forum, even though I agree it's not the same. 

I hated the old Star board, and used to get pretty mad at times, although I never said anything about it.

I've been here 12+ years. I love this place. At one point Murph went on a banning spree and was probably too hard on a lot of good people like Bonecrusher for example. Things got heated in the Cunningham, Herm, Haley, and Crennel years. I hated Haley and Pioli. I got pretty crazy at times lol. I miss the old days but it's still the best. 

We are going to let this one be a surprise, but we are constantly asked about whether we are secretly hoping for a girl. It can be annoying, but it doesn't bug me. I assume people are just making small talk and are showing some interest. I just tell them that if we have a girl, she'll be well-protected by three older brothers. Another boy and I'll have a full penalty-kill unit.

Archived