The Old Coalition

We are going to let this one be a surprise, but we are constantly asked about whether we are secretly hoping for a girl. It can be annoying, but it doesn't bug me. I assume people are just making small talk and are showing some interest. I just tell them that if we have a girl, she'll be well-protected by three older brothers. Another boy and I'll have a full penalty-kill unit.

I have had somebody ask me if I wished my second baby who is now turning three next month were a boy. I think this was probably rude, but I said, "no, I don't wish that my daughter were taken away and replaced by someone I've never met." It's one thing before the baby is born, but it's another 2+ years after and there are better ways than asking than "now, don't you wish she were a boy?" The person I was speaking to has been rude to almost everyone at my work. While I agree that it most often is, I don't think that was small talk.

But normal people don't bug me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had somebody ask me if I wished my second baby who is now turning three next month were a boy. I think this was probably rude, but I said, "no, I don't wish that my daughter were taken away and replaced by someone I've never met." It's one thing before the baby is born, but it's another 2+ years after and there are better ways than asking than "now, don't you wish she were a boy?" The person I was speaking to has been rude to almost everyone at my work. While I agree that it most often is, I don't think that was small talk.

But normal people don't bug me.

That I could understand. My bigger pet peeve is when people try to offer unsolicited, highly sensationalized advice. i.e. if you let your child use a specific item, they'll never learn to walk. Or, if you don't give them a certain book, they'll never speak right. There's a lot of companies that thrive on the uncertainty of becoming a first-time parent and a lot of people have fallen for their advertising campaigns.

Oh, and to bring it back to the topic, what ever happened to BroncoStud?

That I could understand. My bigger pet peeve is when people try to offer unsolicited, highly sensationalized advice. i.e. if you let your child use a specific item, they'll never learn to walk. Or, if you don't give them a certain book, they'll never speak right. There's a lot of companies that thrive on the uncertainty of becoming a first-time parent and a lot of people have fallen for their advertising campaigns.

Oh, and to bring it back to the topic, what ever happened to BroncoStud?

Stud posts every once in a while. He's also on Facebook.

I still check in once in awhile. I have dramatically reduced my involvement in the Chiefs and the NFL in general. It was consuming me and making me miserable. If they won more especially in the playofffs it might be different, but it's the Chiefs. Lol. I read more than post sometimes I don't even log in to read. I came to the CC early on. I don't remember who but someone invited me from the star board. Always had wanted to get to a festivus but just never could. Miss all of ya.

Archived