Wow. Hasn't done anything... The personnel was in place?

I guess except for the QBs, the TEs, the starting RT, RG, LCB. FB, RILB and a hole slew of backups. In fact, I bet there more new players that old ones.

Are you seriously thinking that Romeo with the 2012 roster would have pulled out 11 wins last year? That is a stretch.

Where did I say that?  The team was poised for a turnaround.  They only had 2 wins for crying out loud.  There was no place else to go but up.  Crennel was an issue I pointed out the second he was hired and I was criticized then for being negative.  It wasn't negative.  It was fact.

Were any of those positions u mentioned manned by the core group of players on last year's roster?  No they weren't.  I gave Dorsey credit for some nice fill ins.   He did nothing to make a significant improvement to the talent level of this roster.  He buttressed it.  Hell Chiefs nation claimed the Chiefs were only a QB and a coach away after 2012.  Now people want to tell me what a great job Dorsey did to build a winner.  Which was it?

Hell Chiefs nation claimed the Chiefs were only a QB and a coach away after 2012. Now people want to tell me what a great job Dorsey did to build a winner. Which was it?

Really, only a qb and coach away!? Haha

So far John Dorsey hasn't accomplished anything. The Chiefs were primed for a turn around with the roster in place before Dorsey got here. The lame schedule and NFCE imploding had as much to do with it than anything.

Here.

Where did I say that? The team was poised for a turnaround. They only had 2 wins for crying out loud. There was no place else to go but up. Crennel was an issue I pointed out the second he was hired and I was criticized then for being negative. It wasn't negative. It was fact.

Were any of those positions u mentioned manned by the core group of players on last year's roster? No they weren't. I gave Dorsey credit for some nice fill ins. He did nothing to make a significant improvement to the talent level of this roster. He buttressed it. Hell Chiefs nation claimed the Chiefs were only a QB and a coach away after 2012. Now people want to tell me what a great job Dorsey did to build a winner. Which was it?

I think you may be a bit off based on what "Chiefs Nation" claimed. There has been a vast range of opinions on the coaches and players. I don't recall anyone saying all we needed was a QB and a coach. I think people not named Mongo are pretty impressed with the improvement and agree that we are not yet where we need to be.

Really, only a qb and coach away!? Haha

Yep.  And those people who made those claims were the same ones who thought Crennel should be hired and his time in CLE was an aberration, because, well they were the Browns, of course.  

The same people who who thought Scott Pioli was the savior because he was part of a winning org in NE.  Sound like someone we know?  

The same people who were sure that any criticism of the Matt Cassel deal was folly because he was as good or better than any R2 prospect in the draft.  Sound like someone we know?  

And the hits just keep a rolling. 

I think you may be a bit off based on what "Chiefs Nation" claimed. There has been a vast range of opinions on the coaches and players. I don't recall anyone saying all we needed was a QB and a coach. I think people not named Mongo are pretty impressed with the improvement and agree that we are not yet where we need to be.

This is pretty well founded. There has never been any unanimity on any of this - for years.

I appreciate the harsh 'show me' stance as thought provoking, but to tar different opinion holders as lemmings, etc. is to disregard the reasoned, analytical approach most CC posters have hewed to for years beyond these last few.

Similarly, the 'people not named Mongo' remark implies that Mongo alone has real questions about the team's administration. Different people are questioning different things, if not as harshly.

Hewing to facts without cutting others down = the best kinds of threads.

Chiefs are on the right track.....This upcoming season is going to be a tough one based on the schedule.

I think if the defense improves, the Chiefs will be a playoff team yet again.  They showed me that they are going to put up a ton of points.

w

This is pretty well founded. There has never been any unanimity on any of this - for years.

I appreciate the harsh 'show me' stance as thought provoking, but to tar different opinion holders as lemmings, etc. is to disregard the reasoned, analytical approach most CC posters have hewed to for years beyond these last few.

Similarly, the 'people not named Mongo' remark implies that Mongo alone has real questions about the team's administration. Different people are questioning different things, if not as harshly.

Hewing to facts without cutting others down = the best kinds of threads.

That is a fair point. There are likely others who do not think they have improved things. It was an unfair assumption on my part. And I didn't mean to cut him down. Only that he was in the minority.

I'm not saying the Chiefs haven't improved things.  It's yet to be seen.  A token one and done playoff appearance is not enough to convince the organization is righted.  Herm Edwards and Todd Haley both made the playoffs.  So did Scott Pioli.

I would welcome someone to show me the light with solid evidence that the Chiefs are better off under Dorsey than they were under Pioli.  No one can show me evidence the team is better than last year's in Dorsey Y2.

I wish I could skip along thinking this offense is better based on circumstantial evidence.  Just because they scored some points at the end of the year versus poor defenses doesn't change the fact that the WR corp is D grade.  The OL is D-grade.  He have an A+ RB and a B QB without weapons.  This team is going to struggle to score against a better grade of defensive opponents.

In Dorsey Y1, he added a lot of solid C grade supporting players which, in fairness, was always the missing link, not just a QB and HC

This year we haven't advanced.  In the NFL if you aren't improving, you're declining.  Please, anyone in the "majority", name one position where KC has improved from last year.  We've downgraded or stood still with poor options at several.

I'm not saying the Chiefs haven't improved things. It's yet to be seen. A token one and done playoff appearance is not enough to convince the organization is righted. Herm Edwards and Todd Haley both made the playoffs. So did Scott Pioli.

I would welcome someone to show me the light with solid evidence that the Chiefs are better off under Dorsey than they were under Pioli. No one can show me evidence the team is better than last year's in Dorsey Y2.

I wish I could skip along thinking this offense is better based on circumstantial evidence. Just because they scored some points at the end of the year versus poor defenses doesn't change the fact that the WR corp is D grade. The OL is D-grade. He have an A+ RB and a B QB without weapons. This team is going to struggle to score against a better grade of defensive opponents.

In Dorsey Y1, he added a lot of solid C grade supporting players which, in fairness, was always the missing link, not just a QB and HC

This year we haven't advanced. In the NFL if you aren't improving, you're declining. Please, anyone in the "majority", name one position where KC has improved from last year. We've downgraded or stood still with poor options at several.

We haven't improved anyone on paper...we'll just have to see if we picked up some talent or not on the field when they play.

We haven't improved anyone on paper...we'll just have to see if we picked up some talent or not on the field when they play.

Of course.  Last offseason, I was a guy asking, "Who the Hell is Geoff Schwartz?" and rolling my eyes.  Now I'm pissed he wasn't resigned.  

At least Schwartz had some track record of success.  Who the Hell is Rishaw Johnson?  Who the Hell is Abdullah, Commings, Jeff Allen, Joe Mays and Vance Walker?  Who the Hell is Donald Stephenson, Donnie Avery, A.J. Jenkins and Junior Hemingway?  Who indeed.

Lots of questions need to be answered. 

I wanted Schwartz resigned as well..

alex needs some time to throw..not running for his life..I think that's what attributed to the conservative offense early last year..

hard to see those down field throws if you running sideways.

One game against a team fighting for its playoff life does show quite a bit......

The Chiefs 2nd Team outplayed the Bolts.

Succop brought his own competition to camp by missing that kick.

Consequences.....Accountability.....

A good sign in regards to coaching and management.

w

Archived