I was worried about this game going into it, but playing Fitzpatrick is what our defense needed. What a great job by them. I do worry that the Steelers are going to be pretty upset with their last game and coming out firing instead of cocky.

But if some miracle happens and we beat the Steelers, this week and last week put them in a hole. I feel Baltimore is going to win with minimum points this year against people. Relevance? Wildcard implications. Hopefully we can give the Broncos a loss or two so that we are talking about the division, but right now we need wild-card teams to lose. I want of the Colts to lose today, but I didn't want the Chargers to win. I think I would rather have had the Chargers win because I feel like if we cannot beat them out for the division or the playoffs, then we weren't good enough anyway.

I was worried about this game going into it, but playing Fitzpatrick is what our defense needed. What a great job by them. I do worry that the Steelers are going to be pretty upset with their last game and coming out firing instead of cocky.

But if some miracle happens and we beat the Steelers, this week and last week put them in a hole. I feel Baltimore is going to win with minimum points this year against people. Relevance? Wildcard implications. Hopefully we can give the Broncos a loss or two so that we are talking about the division, but right now we need wild-card teams to lose. I want of the Colts to lose today, but I didn't want the Chargers to win. I think I would rather have had the Chargers win because I feel like if we cannot beat them out for the division or the playoffs, then we weren't good enough anyway.

Colts are about the most overrated team in the NFL.  They were a very average 8-8 last year, did nothing in the offseason to inprove their team, and lost some players due to injury.  The offensive line is going to be responsible for 6 losses alone....i'd be hoping and praying they make the playoffs...

Colts are about the most overrated team in the NFL. They were a very average 8-8 last year, did nothing in the offseason to inprove their team, and lost some players due to injury. The offensive line is going to be responsible for 6 losses alone....i'd be hoping and praying they make the playoffs...

I guess this hinges on Houston playing better and Indu lucking into playoffs as a wildcard. If the Texans play poorly, Indy will win their division anyway and therefore we would not care about them for the wildcard race.

Peters and Nelson were really good today. Gaines struggled, but it happens. Gave up some passes and 2 pretty bad PIs that could have been picks if he turned his head. People on here really seem to like him which is good. He has been OK. The only defensive back to not break up a pass. But he will be fine.

Nice plays by White, Soria (sp), Berry and Parker also DJ was a monster. It was pretty impressive to be that dominate on defense with no pass rush. This was a pretty high powered offense and a game most thought we would lose.

Bring on the Stealers and can we please get a guard or two healthy?

Peters and Nelson were really good today. Gaines struggled, but it happens. Gave up some passes and 2 pretty bad PIs that could have been picks if he turned his head. People on here really seem to like him which is good. He has been OK. The only defensive back to not break up a pass. But he will be fine.

Nice plays by White, Soria (sp), Berry and Parker also DJ was a monster. It was pretty impressive to be that dominate on defense with no pass rush. This was a pretty high powered offense and a game most thought we would lose.

Bring on the Stealers and can we please get a guard or two healthy?

Gaines has not been OK

Gaines has not been OK

Disagree completely.  He is looking like a true cover corner.  He sticks like glue.  He is making some mistakes, but he is going to be one of the best.  I would discount his mistakes at this point.  I think he will be one of the best.

Disagree completely.  He is looking like a true cover corner.  He sticks like glue.  He is making some mistakes, but he is going to be one of the best.  I would discount his mistakes at this point.  I think he will be one of the best.

Agree with that.  Considering his injuries, he's really a rookie and all new CBs make mistakes.  In general, Gaines played a very tight one on one.  Just because  he didn't pick up the ball flight a couple of times doesn't make him another Bartee.

I want the offense to play better but undoubtedly we will read about 8 turnovers and one offensive score.

Two turnovers were pick 6'd or fumble 6'd. No chance to score a TD.

Two were touchbacks. (Slightly higher level of difficulty to score from (from the 20) than a kickoff (25 yard line))

One we scored a TD on. (No blame here.)

One we scored a FG, eating 6:59 off the clock.

One fumble was on the 22, which is worse than a touchback.

One was at the end of the game where we weren't trying to score anymore.

As for scoring, we had a probable FG taken away by going for it on 4th down and a probable TD on Ware's fumble. 34-3.

Criticism should be standard regardless of turnovers. We still need to play better even if we do start at the 20 or 25. Third downs are still important. We need to do better on the red zone. None of this is turnover related, though I give the D the win obviously.

We need our guards.  Without the O-line meshing, we will not get a potent offense going, and none of our RB's will be able to get through that initial hole.  Seems like everyone is freaking out about the offense.  But the two starters went out the previous week, and Fulton is pedestrian.  I am not certain that Jah Reid will ever be anything. There is a reason he did not get a starting position.  The line will eventually get healthy and mesh (I hope). 

I want the offense to play better but undoubtedly we will read about 8 turnovers and one offensive score.

Two turnovers were pick 6'd or fumble 6'd. No chance to score a TD.

Two were touchbacks. (Slightly higher level of difficulty to score from (from the 20) than a kickoff (25 yard line))

One we scored a TD on. (No blame here.)

One we scored a FG, eating 6:59 off the clock.

One fumble was on the 22, which is worse than a touchback.

One was at the end of the game where we weren't trying to score anymore.

As for scoring, we had a probable FG taken away by going for it on 4th down and a probable TD on Ware's fumble. 34-3.

Criticism should be standard regardless of turnovers. We still need to play better even if we do start at the 20 or 25. Third downs are still important. We need to do better on the red zone. None of this is turnover related, though I give the D the win obviously.

I was looking at the same thing: The Chiefs had three offensive possessions before they had built up a 17-3 lead. Going drive by drive, here's what I saw:

Drive One: The Chiefs would have had 3rd-and-1 at the Jets' 22 except for a Mitch Morse holding call that pushed them back to the 37. The drive ended on a sack that pushed the Chiefs out of field goal range.

Drive Two: Following an interception, run, run, pass, pass, touchdown.

Drive Three: Following a fumble recovery, the Chiefs pushed the ball down to the Jets' 3. Two successive plays lost yardage, and Smith threw an incompletion on 3rd-and-Goal from the 9. Field goal. (On the ensuing kickoff, a fumble recovery led to a Chiefs special teams touchdown.)

Drive Four: The Chiefs started at their own 16 with all three timeouts. The play calling was very conservative, and Reid ran the clock down to almost nothing before calling for a couple deep strikes to Maclin that were incomplete. A sack ended the half.

Drive Five: The Chiefs pushed the ball to midfield, but a False Start penalty on Kelce set up 3rd-and-14, and the Chiefs didn't convert for a first down.

Drive Six: Run, pass, pass, run, touchdown, fumble, touchback.

Drive Seven: Following an interception resulting in a touchback, the Chiefs drove down the field and almost reached field goal range. On 4th-and-1, Ware's number was called. The run was stuffed, and the Jets took possession.

Drive Eight: With the score 17-3 and the Jets clearly unable to gain traction on offense after another interception that went for a touchback, Reid went completely conservative from this point forward: A run, short pass, and a deep pass that fell incomplete ended the first of what would be the only two Chiefs three-and-outs of the game.

Drive Nine: Run, run, run. It was almost as if Reid wasn't surprised that the Chiefs were about to score on a pick-six.

It is interesting to note that after the first eight drives, Smith had run 35 action plays against 21 rushes by teammates. Despite Smith dropping back on more than 60% of the Chiefs' offensive plays up to that point, he was sacked only twice, and the Chiefs were able to sustain drives throughout the game. Of the drives that didn't result in a score for the Chiefs, two were effectively ended by offensive penalties, two more by sacks, two by turtling, and one on a forced fumble by a Jets defender Orange Pylon. This is one of those games where I believe that the lack of offensive scoring was dictated more by coaching than by the players' own performance. Because the result was a blowout win against a team that had scored 59 points in the prior two weeks, I'm not inclined to complain. I would however like to see Parker Ehinger and Laurent Duvernay-Tardif back on the field next week (and does it feel strange for me to say that).

The Chiefs were 7/12 on 3rd down conversions after the first seven drives, a fairly good conversion rate. The Chiefs also controlled time of possession.

8 turnovers does wonders for time of possession :lol:  I believe that the offense will really pick up some steam when Jamaal comes back, because he adds so much as a receiver out of the backfield, especially the wide screens that almost neutralize a pass rush.  No one can catch so reliably and then instantly find holes near the edge on put on a burst of speed instantly after catching a screen than JC can.  That will be a huge addition to Smith's arsenal and relieve a lot of pressure on him.  I would love to see a lot of 2 RB sets with Ware able to exploit the inside openings that will be created by JC's ability to run wide.  And with both of them being able to catch, the offense would ignite.

LDT was dressed and could have played in an emergency yesterday so I expect he'll be ready by Sunday night.  Ehlinger is a question.  Who knows when he'll be ready to return?  If both get back and everyone else remains healthy, then I'd expect the O-line to not be the problem is has been the last two games.  JC will add another option, but the offense isn't completely dependent on him.  Give Smith a little better protection and do a little better at run blocking and the choices of JC, Ware, Kelce, Hill, Maclin, and Conley should provide plenty of offense.  Man, we need Houston back.  The pass rush is non-existent. 

Given the lead, I was fine with them moving the ball the way they did and how long it took... But just like we were great at stopping them in the red zone, their defense is good, too at that - 1st or second in the league since 2013 or 2014. Difference is, they forced it against our defense, we didn't against theirs.

We will do better against the Steelers in the red zone. Just don't think it will be enough. Stupid Eagles got them mad, it's a road game, they were/are the favorites, and their offense might neutralize our defense. Our offense will be better, but won't be great.

I was looking at the same thing: The Chiefs had three offensive possessions before they had built up a 17-3 lead. Going drive by drive, here's what I saw:

Drive One: The Chiefs would have had 3rd-and-1 at the Jets' 22 except for a Mitch Morse holding call that pushed them back to the 37. The drive ended on a sack that pushed the Chiefs out of field goal range.

Drive Two: Following an interception, run, run, pass, pass, touchdown.

Drive Three: Following a fumble recovery, the Chiefs pushed the ball down to the Jets' 3. Two successive plays lost yardage, and Smith threw an incompletion on 3rd-and-Goal from the 9. Field goal. (On the ensuing kickoff, a fumble recovery led to a Chiefs special teams touchdown.)

Drive Four: The Chiefs started at their own 16 with all three timeouts. The play calling was very conservative, and Reid ran the clock down to almost nothing before calling for a couple deep strikes to Maclin that were incomplete. A sack ended the half.

Drive Five: The Chiefs pushed the ball to midfield, but a False Start penalty on Kelce set up 3rd-and-14, and the Chiefs didn't convert for a first down.

Drive Six: Run, pass, pass, run, touchdown, fumble, touchback.

Drive Seven: Following an interception resulting in a touchback, the Chiefs drove down the field and almost reached field goal range. On 4th-and-1, Ware's number was called. The run was stuffed, and the Jets took possession.

Drive Eight: With the score 17-3 and the Jets clearly unable to gain traction on offense after another interception that went for a touchback, Reid went completely conservative from this point forward: A run, short pass, and a deep pass that fell incomplete ended the first of what would be the only two Chiefs three-and-outs of the game.

Drive Nine: Run, run, run. It was almost as if Reid wasn't surprised that the Chiefs were about to score on a pick-six.

It is interesting to note that after the first eight drives, Smith had run 35 action plays against 21 rushes by teammates. Despite Smith dropping back on more than 60% of the Chiefs' offensive plays up to that point, he was sacked only twice, and the Chiefs were able to sustain drives throughout the game. Of the drives that didn't result in a score for the Chiefs, two were effectively ended by offensive penalties, two more by sacks, two by turtling, and one on a forced fumble by a Jets defender Orange Pylon. This is one of those games where I believe that the lack of offensive scoring was dictated more by coaching than by the players' own performance. Because the result was a blowout win against a team that had scored 59 points in the prior two weeks, I'm not inclined to complain. I would however like to see Parker Ehinger and Laurent Duvernay-Tardif back on the field next week (and does it feel strange for me to say that).

The Chiefs were 7/12 on 3rd down conversions after the first seven drives, a fairly good conversion rate. The Chiefs also controlled time of possession.

Read this on Chiefsplanet. Well, didn't read it but found it:

[Thought I break down the drives to see where things stalled. Again, these only show the last plays of the drive starting at the last "1st down" of each possession.

End of 1st possession:

- 1st and 10 - Run

- 2nd and 6 - Run (holding penalty on Morse)

- 2nd and 16 - Run

- 3rd and 9 - Sacked (in 3 seconds from snap)

- punt

IMO primary fault here goes to offensive line for holding penalty and sack

End of 2nd possession:

- 1st and 10 - pass - 12 yard gain

- 1st and 10 - pass - 12 yard gain for a TD

No fault here

End of 3rd possession:

- 1st and goal - Trickery to Kelce (designed play) - stuffed

- 2nd and goal - option - Schwartz wiffed on two blocks in one play - stuffed

- 3rd and goal - boot leg to short side of field - absolutely no one open.

- Field goal

IMO primary fault lies with Reid for getting too cute with playcalling and the missed blocks by Schwartz

End of 4th possession:

- 1st and 10 - Deep pass to maclin - hits him in the hands - drop

- 2nd and 10 - Deep pass to maclin - hits him in the hands - drop

- 3rd and 10 - sacked in 3 seconds

- end of half

IMO primary fault here goes to Maclin. Two chances to make a play and he dropped them both.

End of 5th possession:

Trent Green states "everything looks like it's working on offense for Chiefs today"

- 1st and 10 - Run - stuffed

- 2nd and 9 - Deep pass - Hill catches it but doesn't get two feet down

- 3rd and 9 - false start from Kelce

- 3rd and 14 - Check down

- Punt

IMO fault is spread around here all units under performed in this 3 down sequence.

End of 6th possession:

- 1st and goal (after two long pass plays to kelsey and conley to put them in scoring position) - run - Fumbled on the pylon.

IMO primary fault goes to ware for fumble

End of 7th possession:

- 1st and 10 - short pass to sherman

- 2nd and 7 - run - stuffed

- 3rd and 6 - Wide receiver screen (designed play)

- 4th and inches - run - stuffed

IMO primary fault goes to offensive line - got to be able to surge on 4th and inches - also on Reid - just let smith QB keeper for a few inches FFS!

End of 8th possession:

- 1st and 10 - run - stuffed

- 2nd and 10 - WR screen (designed play)

- 3rd and 7 - Overthrows Conley

- Punt

IMO primary fault to Smith for overthrow

End of 9th possession:

- 1st and 10 - run stuffed for a loss

- 2nd and 16 - run stuffed for a loss

- 3rd and 18 - run

- Punt

IMO no fault here as Chiefs just running out the clock

End of 10th possession:

- victory kneel down

Obviously no fault here.]