Impressions

1  Why is DAT still on the roster?

2.  The Chiefs have excellent chances to make the playoffs this year, especially if they get a little healthier, but Arrowhead had tons of empty seats.  They should be sold out.  Still the best place to watch a game, but the old '90s spirit isn't there right now.

3.  Why is Knile still on the roster?

4.  For 15+ years we sat in the upper lever on the 40 and saw everything.  Now we sit in row 12 behind the Chiefs bench and with three big guys standing the whole time in front in row 11, and my wife can watch the scoreboard or stand for the whole game.  Not sure we've upgraded.

5.  Why is Zombo still on the roster?

6.  Can anyone explain the Ware fumble?  It looked like he hit the ball on the pylon but there's no  way we could hear the ref's explanation. 

7.  Why is Wilson still on the roster?

8.  Is there some NFL unwritten rule that when a team has a first down on the opponents 2, the offense is required to pass?  So maybe they can't punch it in on first or even second down.  What are the odds that they won't make 2 yards in three plays?  Thankfully, the Jets' staff followed the same mantra.  Four plays inside the ten with the game on the line.......four passes.

9.  Sure glad Peter's "second year slump" is over.

DAT will probably stick around, but I don't see any need for Davis.

The Ware fumble, he lost control of the ball on the hit. I was hoping they would say his foot was out before he lost control, but no such luck.

I agree on first down on the two. Just pound it twice and see what happens.

Yeah, Peters is a stud. He will likely lead the NFL again in in picks.

I am not. Wilson fan so I don't know why he gets snaps. I would use DAT in his spot.

DAT will probably stick around, but I don't see any need for Davis.

The Ware fumble, he lost control of the ball on the hit. I was hoping they would say his foot was out before he lost control, but no such luck.

I agree on first down on the two. Just pound it twice and see what happens.

Yeah, Peters is a stud. He will likely lead the NFL again in in picks.

I am not. Wilson fan so I don't know why he gets snaps. I would use DAT in his spot.

Why does Andy continue to run Wilson out there? The other team should not even send a corner To cover him.

Open or not, the ball isn't going to him.

2.  The Chiefs have excellent chances to make the playoffs this year, especially if they get a little healthier, but Arrowhead had tons of empty seats.  They should be sold out.  Still the best place to watch a game, but the old '90s spirit isn't there right now.

4.  For 15+ years we sat in the upper lever on the 40 and saw everything.  Now we sit in row 12 behind the Chiefs bench and with three big guys standing the whole time in front in row 11, and my wife can watch the scoreboard or stand for the whole game.  Not sure we've upgraded.

6.  Can anyone explain the Ware fumble?  It looked like he hit the ball on the pylon but there's no  way we could hear the ref's explanation. 

8.  Is there some NFL unwritten rule that when a team has a first down on the opponents 2, the offense is required to pass?  So maybe they can't punch it in on first or even second down.  What are the odds that they won't make 2 yards in three plays?  Thankfully, the Jets' staff followed the same mantra.  Four plays inside the ten with the game on the line.......four passes.

The biggest question of all:  Why is Dee Ford still on the roster?

The biggest question of all:  Why is Dee Ford still on the roster?

Ans:  Because without Houston, there's no one better to put in.  I think Ford will last the season and the Chiefs will give priority to replacing Hali and getting another OLB next winter.  It seemed that play after play, Fitzpatrick was standing in the offensive backfield waiting for someone to bread open.  Fortunately, he couldn't hit anyone and the Chiefs' DBs played pretty well.  This is a game they could have lost with a few breaks the other way.  The offense was given tons of opportunities and really didn't do much.  Three things held the Chiefs back.  Play calling in the red zone, Smith missing receivers, and receivers missing the ball.  The Chiefs got an eight turnover gift and no team can lose with that advantage, but they'll get killed in PIT if the offense doesn't get it together and the pass rush doesn't develop.  

1. I think they are still trying to trade DAT.

2. I think most people are realistic. The Chiefs missed their window.

3. Knile is on the roster because Charles is still out.

4. Get a booster seat.

5. Zombo is solid as a starter and is very good on ST. Why the hate?

6. Looked like West scored to me.

7. Wilson is a good player. I think he'll be the starter again soon. The offense is worse without him in there.

8. Andy got "cute." If he was gonna get "cute" he should have put Poe in the their and rammed it down their throats. 

9. Peters gets targeted a lot. He will be tested a lot this year. Next week he goes against Antonio Brown. Lets see if he can keep his head in the game. I think Gaines should cover the one and Peters the two. This would stop him from getting targeted so much. It's early...

No idea.

Arrowhead is turning out like any other stadium in the NFL.  They have priced the average guy out of being able to go to the game, so now they don't get as many crazy rabid fans in the place because some are just too classy to act that way.

Jammal isn't back yet.  Think they should have just started him on PUP if he isn't going to play until week 6.

i was always of the opinion that I wanted to be loud and rowdy.  I always stood, but still tried to be respectful, but you are complaining about Arrowhead losing it's mystique, but asking people to sit down, can't have it both ways.

No better option

He lost control of the ball on the dive, although i hated it, it was the correct call.  he did not have complete control of the ball when it hit the pylon, hence the touchback/fumble.

This is the one that baffles me, i think he is terrible

The unwritten rule is, Andy Reid is our coach, and he is not good at play calling inside the 20, I've seen this over and over since he has been here.  No imagination, and we stall when the field gets smaller

Peters is a stud.  Nothing else to say

Arrowhead is turning out like any other stadium in the NFL.  They have priced the average guy out of being able to go to the game, so now they don't get as many crazy rabid fans in the place because some are just too classy to act that way.

i was always of the opinion that I wanted to be loud and rowdy.  I always stood, but still tried to be respectful, but you are complaining about Arrowhead losing it's mystique, but asking people to sit down, can't have it both ways.

The empty seats, for the most part, seemed to be the less expensive ones in the top level.  Going to the game isn't cheap but lots of seats were available for $12-15 on line a day or two before the game.  The parking was a mess for the first game and that may have scared some off but yesterday we drove right in without much delay about an hour before kickoff.  We also stand on third downs, fourth downs, and  other critical times during the game, about half the time, I'd guess, but never sitting down at all can be annoying to those behind who can't or don't wish to stand for three hours except for time outs.  It didn't ruin the game, but the slope is less in the lower bowl and short wives can't see over big guys in front who never sit.

The empty seats, for the most part, seemed to be the less expensive ones in the top level.  Going to the game isn't cheap but lots of seats were available for $12-15 on line a day or two before the game.  The parking was a mess for the first game and that may have scared some off but yesterday we drove right in without much delay about an hour before kickoff.  We also stand on third downs, fourth downs, and  other critical times during the game, about half the time, I'd guess, but never sitting down at all can be annoying to those behind who can't or don't wish to stand for three hours except for time outs.  It didn't ruin the game, but the slope is less in the lower bowl and short wives can't see over big guys in front who never sit.

i agree completely, just try to be respectful.  I always tried to look at who was behind me, and guage if they could see ok.  I want everyone to have a good time, but in the end, if my standing and screaming on a third down pisses someone off, they probably shouldn't be there,  lol

Everyone else explained why Davis is still on the roster so no need to touch that.

I think DAT is a Dead man walking in that once they feel 100% comfy with Hill then maybe DAT will be released or traded

When my dad still had season tix they were first row section 303...never had to worry about anything except the metal railing, of course

back in the late 70's they sucked so bad that you could have really sat anywhere

I hate the touch back rule, why is it if a player fumbles out of bounds on the sideline then the team keeps the ball right there but if it goes

out in the End zone it is a turnover to the other team...shouldn't the team retain possession on the 1 yard line or something similar

not a wilson fan so ........

Archived