Steelers Game Week Thread

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of this absolute beat down has to fall squarely on the coaching staff. The fact that they didn't prepare for this game like it was a prime time game, that they conviently forgot that the Chiefs 11 game win streak began with a trouncing of the Steelers last year to get to 2-5, that the Chiefs have not won at Steelers since 1986, was a recipe for disaster. The game was officially over before the end of the first half and arguably before the Chiefs stepped out on the field.

I think we need to just accept that this team is just merely average.

I agree. Right now this a .500 team. To go to the playoffs as a wild card they have to win at least 10 or more games. Not sure they can do that right now.

Sadly, I am almost glad that I had to go out of town for a funeral.

I was out of town as well. And from every reasonable account I've heard, it was a little bit of Alex, and a lot of everyone else.

I'd have something more specific to say about the game, but the television of the family with whom we were visiting had broken that very morning. We got it fixed by about 8:00 p.m., but at that time the Chiefs were down by five touchdowns, and I didn't care to bother asking them to turn the game on at that point.

I'm loving these constant fumbles by Smith's teammates. Aren't you? No supporting cast in the league has lost as many fumbles as Smith's teammates and has still managed a 2-2 record.

I had to quit watching... it was tough...

That said, we were missing Phillip Gaines. Pittsburgh scored quickly off a Ware fumble, a fluke of an interception, and a rare muffed punt by Colquitt. Not to mention it was pouring rain. That was all Murphy's Law imo and it happens.

I can't understand how people can blame this one on Alex? 

I said it before the season and I'll say it again, we missed our window. Last year was the year. 

DJ and Hali are old, Houston is out, and we don't have safety depth.

Against Pittsburgh, they used that three safety set a lot. You know the one I told you was so important before the draft. Losing Abdullah and Branch was huge. Some that they would be easy to replace and it wasn't a big deal. They were wrong. Sorenson sucks, Murray is a project, and Stevie Brown didn't make the roster. We should have taken a safety early in the draft. 

Those that bitch about Berry are idiots. Teams are throwing away from him. You know why he isn't making a bunch of all pro plays? Because he's doing his job extremely well and is grading out as the #1 safety in the NFL again....

I can't stand the sight of Dee Ford. He needs to be cut. We generate no pass rush unless it's from Poe. Jones had his best game but he has essentially done nothing. I know it's hard to develop D-linemen but, it was dumb for Dorsey to put so many eggs in that basket. 3-4 d-linemen rarely generate sacks.

Everyone loves Conley but, I am sticking to my guns. The offense isn't working because Wilson isn't starting as the #2. Those crossing routes he is so good at running open space on the field. They prevent defenses from spying on Alex and allow him to run. How much is Alex running this year? No much... Look at the routes Conley runs. They are mostly mid range downfield passes. Why are we trying to force it down field after we've had so much success doing it the other way? I don't get it. I guess Conley is too good to keep off the field? i would only use him in the three WR sets if it were up to me. I think Andy will fix this during the bye and Wilson will be starting again soon. OR, maybe Hill? He would be a wildcard to start as the #2 for sure. Conley just isn't really built for what we need. 

Wilson is a end of the depth chart jag and Conley is a depth type player until he can learn how to play the role.  This is why I said it was a big ass mistake over and over to pass on a WR until near the end of the draft.  They don't have a #2.

I do agree with you though, Mugsy.  Last year was the end of the Chiefs window (opened in 2013; yep you have a short window when you run like the Chiefs do) and it's now closed.  They need to rebuild and form a new identity.

Missing Mauga is costing us more than we all thought. March looks lost and confused on every damn running play. The only time he looks comfortable is on passing plays. Letting Branch walk was a bad decision also. And playing press man/cover one is not working! If we're going to play man, we should be at least blitzing with it to generate some form of a pass rush.

And just like everyone else, I'm sick of Dee Ford. He shoots off the line of the scrimmage like a bat out of hell, and all the OT has to do is blow on him, and he goes flying 15 yds up field behind the QB!!!! Experiment over. First round bust. Just admit it.

However I disagree that Wilson should be playing over Conley. Conley is going to be very good IMO. Big, Fast and Strong. Is he perfect at running crossing routes? IDK, but Wilson sux. I'd prefer Hill over Wilson any day.

Lastly, Reid needs to put AS11 on the damn hot seat. If he can't keep his eyes down field, and take some deep shots with accuracy, he needs to be benched. Hell, at least foles has the guts and confidence to play to win.

Missing Mauga is costing us more than we all thought. March looks lost and confused on every damn running play. The only time he looks comfortable is on passing plays. Letting Branch walk was a bad decision also. And playing press man/cover one is not working! If we're going to play man, we should be at least blitzing with it to generate some form of a pass rush.

And just like everyone else, I'm sick of Dee Ford. He shoots off the line of the scrimmage like a bat out of hell, and all the OT has to do is blow on him, and he goes flying 15 yds up field behind the QB!!!! Experiment over. First round bust. Just admit it.

However I disagree that Wilson should be playing over Conley. Conley is going to be very good IMO. Big, Fast and Strong. Is he perfect at running crossing routes? IDK, but Wilson sux. I'd prefer Hill over Wilson any day.

Lastly, Reid needs to put AS11 on the damn hot seat. If he can't keep his eyes down field, and take some deep shots with accuracy, he needs to be benched. Hell, at least foles has the guts and confidence to play to win.

AJ Hawk was floating out there unsigned. He would have been better than March.

Both White and Nelson looked great against the Jets.........But that was the Jets.

I think they both bounce back and learn from it, though. I think the play where White got turned around is because he really thought the play was over....Until he looked around and saw the WR still running to make the catch.

He'll be ahight.

They better figure something out, because I am not sure if White or Nelson belong on the field.

They've got other things to figure out.  Like, why was the coverage design so awful?

The more I see things on the All-22, the more Alex Smith and Mitch Morse have stuck out as bad performers. 

Archived