Siemian or Smith?

I give more credit to kubiak than I do Elway up to this point. Yea Elway drafted him in the 7th but if he thought this kid was gonna perform like this he isn't spending a first on a QB this past draft nor would he have tried to bring osweiller back.

Having said that, think I will wait till the kid plays more than 3 games before making any kind of claim on him good or bad.

I give more credit to kubiak than I do Elway up to this point. Yea Elway drafted him in the 7th but if he thought this kid was gonna perform like this he isn't spending a first on a QB this past draft nor would he have tried to bring osweiller back.

Having said that, think I will wait till the kid plays more than 3 games before making any kind of claim on him good or bad.

He throws everything short like Alex. The Broncos Recievers are making that guy look good. Alex would be 3-0 too

I absolutely dislike Elway. Killed KC as a QB and especially because he is now killing KC with his GM skills. I would take Siemian over Smith any day. What say you?

It took me years to figure out how to express controversial opinions on message boards without immediately marginalizing myself. It's surprisingly difficult.

Siemean much lower salary & provides Denver with cap space for years to come. Both are good game managers. Smith simply has no touch on deep balls. He misses wide open deep passes on a regular basis. Manning was not as good last year as Siemean is now. Denver won with a great defense and a very old Manning.

So Broncos are in better shape cap wise at the position and they moved up ahead of KC to daft a QB in the first round. Chiefs had to sign a number two Foles after failing with their previous QB choices. 

Are you feeling bad about choosing the Chargers as your team instead of the Broncos? Or are you just waiting for the team to move? Unless Lynch doesn't take over I don't know if Siemian is there longer than Smith is here. (Third year, Lynch should be primed to start.)

Siemean much lower salary & provides Denver with cap space for years to come. Both are good game managers. Smith simply has no touch on deep balls. He misses wide open deep passes on a regular basis. Manning was not as good last year as Siemean is now. Denver won with a great defense and a very old Manning.

So Broncos are in better shape cap wise at the position and they moved up ahead of KC to daft a QB in the first round. Chiefs had to sign a number two Foles after failing with their previous QB choices.

If Siemian the real deal, then they wasted their first round pick. Traded up to waste it. I would rather have Foles as my back up than Lynch. Can Foles come off the bench and out play every QB in the league? Yes. Will he? Who knows, but we know he can because he has. Lynch can't even beat out a 7th round draft pick to get the starting job.

Let me put it this way, would you trade Chris Jones for Paxton Lynch?

Siemian is pretty good. I remember him playing for Northwestern, and then he disappeared. I forgot all about him going to Denver. The Chiefs get a shot at him November 27th. Then they match up again on December 25th. This may benefit the Chiefs, as long as Houston returns this year. Houston changes things for the Chiefs on defense. Siemian has a quick release. So, staying healthy in the secondary is almost as important to a win.

Yes, because I think long term and Lynch could be a ten year starter at the most important position.  Jones could become all-pro and still not have the value of a starting QB.  If Lynch busts, then Jones is the safer choice, but the Chiefs need someone to take over for Smith in a couple of years and Foles is expensive insurance.

Yes, because I think long term and Lynch could be a ten year starter at the most important position. Jones could become all-pro and still not have the value of a starting QB. If Lynch busts, then Jones is the safer choice, but the Chiefs need someone to take over for Smith in a couple of years and Foles is expensive insurance.

No idea if it was smoke or not and part of a bigger chess match but their were reports that Reid and Dorsey liked Lynch and would have drafted him if he was there. I do agree that a franchise QB is more valuable thank a guy like Jones, just no idea if that guy is Lynch though. If that report was true then they are starting to want to prepare for life without Smith, probably in the next couple years.

Foles is a fairly cheap backup though at 1.7 and I doubt he is here next year at least not at the team option of 10 million.

Siemen is still wait and see. 3 games isn't enough to say what he is.

If Siemian the real deal, then they wasted their first round pick. Traded up to waste it. I would rather have Foles as my back up than Lynch. Can Foles come off the bench and out play every QB in the league? Yes. Will he? Who knows, but we know he can because he has. Lynch can't even beat out a 7th round draft pick to get the starting job.

I like Jones, but you have to take the potential in a franchise QB.

Archived