• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha whatever helps ya sleep at night. But there is a pattern with the offense. As in it looks like dog shit.

Sure point at the SD game, but blowing a lead seems to be their M.O. this year.

Losing to the texans and only putting 10 points up on the jets after 6 turnovers is not how you become a playoff contender.

"IF" they are to get in the playoff hunt. the texans and tonight's game, will screw them at seasons end.

These games happen. 

We did it to the Patriots and they bounced back.  The Steelers had it a week ago and there are plenty of other examples.

The Chiefs are not some mythical Super Bowl squad that will dink and dunk to a Lombardi, and they're not as bad as they showed today.  They are in the middle; merely average.

Haha whatever helps ya sleep at night. But there is a pattern with the offense. As in it looks like dog shit.

Sure point at the SD game, but blowing a lead seems to be their M.O. this year.

Losing to the texans and only putting 10 points up on the jets after 6 turnovers is not how you become a playoff contender.

"IF" they are to get in the plyoff hunt. the texans and tonigthts game, will screw them at seasons end.

You knew it was an issue when we couldn't score on 6 turnovers.

These games happen. 

We did it to the Patriots and they bounced back.  The Steelers had it a week ago and there are plenty of other examples.

The Chiefs are not some mythical Super Bowl squad that will dink and dunk to a Lombardi, and they're not as bad as they showed today.  They are in the middle; merely average.

Steelers have Roethlisberger. Patriots have Brady.

You knew it was an issue when we couldn't score on 6 turnovers.

Yeah, it's an issue, but three of those turnovers started at the 20. They scored on one or two of them (can't remember if FG was off of a TO). That leaves one or two they didn't score on that was any different than a kickoff or punt. You're not expected to go 80 yards any more after a TO than a kickoff. Two of the 8 were defensive, but you didn't include those in your six.

Steelers have Roethlisberger. Patriots have Brady.

and?

-Bob Sutton needs to probably go elsewhere after this year.  He hasn't learned that there are just going to be games where he's going to be completely owned in a single high safety look, but does it week in and week out.  DBs were doing some of the weirdest assignments.  He's shown that he can copy the Rex Ryan system pretty well, but is out of his realm if he needs to derive from it.

-This team was built to gain an early lead and protect it with top tier Defensive play.  The Defense got older, players were lost in FA and others got hurt.  The plan hasn't really changed and the Offense has stayed mostly the same.

-It's very hard to be a winner week in and week out in the NFL.  You need to have a long term plan in mind because shit like injuries happen and sometimes you just get a bad bounce.  This team tries to quickly win now and the window shuts by the time they begin to figure things out.  I think the window closed last year and it's time to go back to the drawing table.

-It's time to start gutting this team down to a handful of key players and rebuild the lineup inside out.

-Mitch Morse needs to move to LG.

-I remember saying that people would miss

Here's a shopping list:

-QB

-WR 2 (Conley isn't cutting it)

-FS, SS

-Center (shoot Parker Ehringer out of a cannon and into the fucking sun for all I care)

-ILB x2

-DE

-Tight End.  The depth is woof.

-Punter

-Minimum of 2 pass-rushing OLBs

And Brady and Roethlisberger have 8 SB appearances and 6 SB wins combined. They've had numerous O-lines and WRs but continued to get results. You need an elite QB in this league or a dominating defense.... 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens, 2015 Broncos (hate to say it). As you can see they come around every 15 years or so.

Scared to see foles light it up Andy?

Kept him in to pad the stats in garbage time so he didn't look as bad.

Pessimists. You couldn't just be an optimist by thinking he was waiting for Smith to injure himself. It gave Harbaugh an easy out. Of course, Kaepernick gave Harbaugh an out in a different way. Putting Foles in would have been a one half thing. He's not stealing the job that quickly. Maybe if he had done the SD comeback and then pulled us back from 29-0.

That doesn't mean anything about teams overcoming a shit week and shit week happens to even good teams.

I'm not talking about a shit week here and there, that happens. I'm talking a bout the same shit for literally decades. Take in some QB, add some players around him. New coach, take in some QB, add some players around him. Rinse. Repeat. Here I go again......Bono Grbac, Cassell, Smith etc. It's a pattern people. It doesn't work. Change it.

Pessimists. You couldn't just be an optimist by thinking he was waiting for Smith to injure himself. It gave Harbaugh an easy out. Of course, Kaepernick gave Harbaugh an out in a different way. Putting Foles in would have been a one half thing. He's not stealing the job that quickly. Maybe if he had done the SD comeback and then pulled us back from 29-0.

Are we supposed to be optimistic? We're down by 30 something points and average 5.7 yds per attempt? WR screens, passes to the flat. Last week Fitzpatrick had a horrible week. But one thing you can not deny him. His interceptions were an attempt to bring his team back by throwing the ball down the field. I respect that. Alex had a great game. Almost 300 yards and 2 touchdowns and only 1 interception. After that first interception he sure did take care of the ball.

I'm not talking about a shit week here and there, that happens. I'm talking a bout the same shit for literally decades. Take in some QB, add some players around him. New coach, take in some QB, add some players around him. Rinse. Repeat. Here I go again......Bono Grbac, Cassell, Smith etc. It's a pattern people. It doesn't work. Change it.

I'd agree with that.

I think people aren't understand just how much a great QB is needed to win a Super Bowl.  Teams now it and now pay extreme amounts to get what they think is the answer.

Landing a player like Luck is an almost never.  You gotta roll the dice on a big gamble if you're a team like the Chiefs, and not be afraid to try again if you bust.

I'd agree with that.

I think people aren't understand just how much a great QB is needed to win a Super Bowl.  Teams now it and now pay extreme amounts to get what they think is the answer.

Landing a player like Luck is an almost never.  You gotta roll the dice on a big gamble if you're a team like the Chiefs, and not be afraid to try again if you bust.

Exactly.

I'd agree with that.

Anyone who argues differently doesn't have a leg to stand on. We haven't done it since Blackledge. And what have we accomplished? Who's next Hoyer, maybe Romo. Jets will probably be tired of Fitzpatrick. How about Kaepernick. Nothing will surprise me at this point. 

I'd agree with that.

I think people aren't understand just how much a great QB is needed to win a Super Bowl. Teams now it and now pay extreme amounts to get what they think is the answer.

Landing a player like Luck is an almost never. You gotta roll the dice on a big gamble if you're a team like the Chiefs, and not be afraid to try again if you bust.

We've always been on the same page with this.

It's not worth arguing here about it anymore. Or talking about how average Alex really is.

Are we supposed to be optimistic? We're down by 30 something points and average 5.7 yds per attempt? WR screens, passes to the flat. Last week Fitzpatrick had a horrible week. But one thing you can not deny him. His interceptions were an attempt to bring his team back by throwing the ball down the field. I respect that. Alex had a great game. Almost 300 yards and 2 touchdowns and only 1 interception. After that first interception he sure did take care of the ball.

I was being sarcastic. Optimistic = Reid wanting to replace Smith, not by benching him but risking injury in a lost cause second half. Pessimistic = Reid keeping Smith in to pad stats and hide Foles.

Conley is becoming a really good WR. I don't know what to say about those who dispute this. Maclin is having a slow start, but he is valuable to this team. Albert Wilson is a decent WR, who is still very young. Give it a little time. We got to see a little more out of Tareek Hill, and he will be a bigger part of this offense this year.

Alex Smith is having a rough start. He is inaccurate with his throws. It seems he is a bit out of step. His timing is off, and he does not seem to have good pocket awareness. There have been times when Smith could have stepped up into the pocket, and WRs were wide open. Instead, he moved outside of the pocket. Moving outside the pocket can be good if throwing the ball away is important. Alex can turn on the jets, and gash teams for huge yards. However, this season, Alex Smith isn't doing that either. He is either being taught to not run, or is doing something on his own.

Burn the tape. Move on. This was a stinker. The Chiefs have two weeks to stew about the game, but the best thing to do would be to forget about it.

I don't think Chris Conley cuts the mustard as a starting WR for a coach that wants to run a pass happy offense.

Here's a list of players I'd let go in 2017:

Nick Foles (no way they're picking up a 10+ million option)

Jamaal Charles (frees up 7 million in space)

Jaye Howard (Hasn't earned his money, Jones should be a starter in 2017 and this move frees up 4 mil)

Dustin Colquitt (5 million for a punter is absurd when you're strapped for cap space)

Jah Reid (Sucks, why did Dorsey pay him so much; 2 mil in savings)

Those moves should free up around 30 million in space, which gives them some flexibility to keep some players.  I'd keep Poe, let Berry walk and maybe use some space to try and lure Michael Floyd away from AZ.

You forgot Montana and Trent Green.   :lol:

Archived