Chiefs-Raiders

With the Chargers winning over the Broncos tonight....if, and that's a big IF, the Chiefs can knock off the Raiders, then KC will be in very good shape regarding the division. 2-0 in the division and overall record tied with 2 losses with Oakland and Denver. They would have the upper hand.

We'll see what happens Sunday. I expect Reid to have his team ready to go.

The odds makers have the game about even.  OAK is a good team and it's hard to play as well in the black hole.  Unless the Chiefs play better than in the first four games, they're going down.  I think they'll win with a healthier roster and JC giving them more options, but it will be close.

Does everyone here agree that weeks two and four were lost on bad, avoidable turnovers?

If so, does everyone here believe that the Chiefs will protect the ball as badly against the Raiders as they did against Houston or Pittsburgh?

Oakland, like the Chiefs, has come away with 10 turnovers. The Chiefs have yet to play a game where they didn't give up a turnover. Of their seven turnovers, three were of the uncommon sort: One was off a terrible shotgun snap, one was forced by a pylon, and one was ripped out of a receiver's arms. That leaves four others, the ones the Chiefs need to be especially careful about: Three lost fumbles where the ball wasn't protected well, and one interception off of a tipped pass.

I don't believe the Chiefs are going to steamroll Oakland, but I do believe that one can watch the game with a measure of confidence that the game will be competitive, and more watchable than the week four debacle.

Maybe Andy will lend some of his coaching expertise to Sutton so that Carr doesn't abuse our young secondary.

If we allow Carr to sit back in the pocket and pick us apart, we will most definitely leave with a loss.

Unless the offense wakes up, and we win in a shoot-out.

Let's hope someone has taught the return men that getting the ball on the 25 isn't all that bad, especially compared to returning it to the 15.

Or the 2. That was not the spark the Chiefs needed after giving up two turnovers in the first ten minutes and starting the game down 15 points.

Getting Gaines back is big. If our line is healthy that will be big. Charles healthy will be big. I think we need to put at least 24 on the board to win. I think we got this. The bye came at a good time.

I hope you're right, sir. I hope you're right.

I hate the Raiders..,, Just knock em down and step on their neck until bones start breaking..,

WE're coming off a bye week and should be able to score against their average defense..,

35-24 Chiefs..,

Oh, this isn't a normal raiders team. This is a team led by a real qb. They win games now. They don't throw them away. 30-9 raiders

I find this score unlikely. We would either get 4 FGs (12 points), 3 FGs and one TD (16 points), or one garbage time TD in addition to the 16 (23 points).

Archived