Early 2017 mock

I just can't see the qbs going that late. Someone always bites early. Usually multiple someones.

I don't see a QB going at all picks 1-9.

Buffalo could take one, but I don't think they would of worked that hard to restructure and keep Tyrod Taylor if the coaching staff didn't like him.

I see 11-12 being the spot where a QB goes.  I can see the Redskins sending #17 and their 2nd rounder to the Saints for #11, one pick before the Browns.  In return, they send Cousins to SF for their 2nd, 4th and 2018 1st.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think mac was ever fully healed from his hamstring issue and various concussions

It was my understanding that it was a groin injury, not a hamstring.  Both can be nagging, but a groin can be a problem for months. Now that he is completely healed, I have confidence he will live up to being the #1 again. Concussions are another matter.

I think the issue is all the injuries he's had altogether and that he's getting up there in age.  It's going to have an impact on his playing ability.

and on a side note, I'm getting a feeling that the Chiefs are using Mahomes interest as a smokescreen to get who they want to fall.

It was my understanding that it was a groin injury, not a hamstring.  Both can be nagging, but a groin can be a problem for months. Now that he is completely healed, I have confidence he will live up to being the #1 again. Concussions are another matter.

yes, you are right and i am wrong...it was a groin injury. not sure why i thought it was a hammy

I think the issue is all the injuries he's had altogether and that he's getting up there in age. It's going to have an impact on his playing ability.

and on a side note, I'm getting a feeling that the Chiefs are using Mahomes interest as a smokescreen to get who they want to fall.

Could be. I wouldn't be surprised if kc trades up for mahomes. I wouldn't be surprised if kc trades back or stays put and takes x player. I wouldn't be surprised if they sign Smith to an extension. I wouldn't be surprised if they clear the cap space to pay him in 2018 and let his contract expire after that. It's all on the table.

Could be. I wouldn't be surprised if kc trades up for mahomes. I wouldn't be surprised if kc trades back or stays put and takes x player. I wouldn't be surprised if they sign Smith to an extension. I wouldn't be surprised if they clear the cap space to pay him in 2018 and let his contract expire after that. It's all on the table.

My gut feeling is that they want Watson and they're trying to angle Mahomes demand so that he'll slide.

If Watson goes and they have a clear shot at Mahomes, I could see them taking him. I could really see them taking any of the first round caliber QB's, honestly.

I think they are determined to come out of this draft with a qbotf.

My gut feeling is that they want Watson and they're trying to angle Mahomes demand so that he'll slide.

If Watson goes and they have a clear shot at Mahomes, I could see them taking him. I could really see them taking any of the first round caliber QB's, honestly.

I think they are determined to come out of this draft with a qbotf.

I'd trade up for either one.

Source?

Would love either of those guys.

I periodically get skype messages from a person that works under the President. I notice that doucheman Athan is parroting the same, so I'd tread lightly lol.

-Dorsey is calling a lot of teams. Highest they've gone was to the Browns to talk about the 12th pick.

-Alex seems to understand that he has to do better this year or he's gone.

-They feel that they are heavy on DL; could package an end in a trade to move up

-It will take one hell of a trade offer to Ballard to get him to walk away from Foster (probably where Browns talk comes in)

-Feeling is Garrett, Fournette, Watson, Allen and Hooker will be the top 5 picks.

-No decision has been made yet, but expectation is Fords option year will be picked up after the draft

Final Chiefs mock:

1.  Patrick Mahomes II, QB  Texas Tech

I think the top plan is Mahomes and Davis Webb is the back up.  Foster if things worked out just right.  The Chiefs part with their comp 3rd to move up to 23 to leapfrog the Texans.

2.  Raekwon McMillan, LB  Ohio State

Dorsey decides to roll the dice with an Ohio State LB. 

3.  ArDarius Stewart, WR  Alabama

Always seemed like when Bama needed a tough conversion, the ball went to Stewart a lot.  The Chiefs need a go to guy at WR.

4.  Cameron Sutton, CB  Tennessee

The incredibly deep CB class gets them fantastic value here.

5.1. Vincent Taylor, DL  Oklahoma State

The Chiefs will add some more beef to the DL eventually.

5.2.  De'Veon Smith, RB  Michigan

Chiefs add another player to the RB rotation.

6.1. Josh Augusta, NT  Missouri

More beef.

6.2. Lorenzo Jerome, S  Tulane

More competition at Safety.

7.  Lewis Neal, DE/OLB  LSU

The Chiefs take a late round gamble hoping they can get the 2015 version of Neal back.

Mock if the Chiefs strike out in the first round at QB:

2.1.  Zach Cunningham, LB  Vanderbilt

-Chiefs trade the 27th pick to the Bears for their 2nd, 4th and 2018th 4th-

The Chiefs feeling their board won't be impacted by moving out send the 27th pick to the Bears, who leapfrog the Saints and Steelers to take Kizer.

After striking out on the top target, the Chiefs turn their attention towards the 2nd biggest need at ILB.  He will need to get more size, but the instincts are good.

2.2.  Curtis Samuel, WR/RB  Ohio State

-Chiefs trade pick 59 and the 4th rounder they just acquired in the previous trade to move up to 48-

The Chiefs move up for Samuel, with Andy dreaming of another Maclin/Jackson duo in Samuel/Hill.

3.1. Dawuane Smoot, DE/OLB  Illinois

Andy will look to bolster the pass-rush.

3.2.  Brad Kaaya, QB  Miami

The Chiefs will be determined to walk out of Day 2 with a QB.

4.  Cameron Sutton, CB  Tennessee

The incredibly deep CB class gets them fantastic value here.

5.1. Vincent Taylor, DL  Oklahoma State

The Chiefs will add some more beef to the DL eventually.

5.2. Conor McDermott, OT  UCLA

They could stand to replace Jah Reid.

6.1. Josh Augusta, NT  Missouri

More beef.

6.2. Chad Kelly, QB  Ole Miss

The Chiefs game on a douche to add more competition at QB.

7.  Lewis Neal, DE/OLB  LSU

The Chiefs take a late round gamble hoping they can get the 2015 version of Neal back.

I am taking a wild guess here.  Chiefs won't take a hoped for QBOTF from this draft.  Maybe a QB in the mid rounds.  Reid seemed to say that Bray is greatly improved and will be a fine b/u.  He is probably as good as anyone in this particular draft.  Chiefs need to stop the run.  DL is my guess in the 1st. Or LB.

I am taking a wild guess here.  Chiefs won't take a hoped for QBOTF from this draft.  Maybe a QB in the mid rounds.  Reid seemed to say that Bray is greatly improved and will be a fine b/u.  He is probably as good as anyone in this particular draft.  Chiefs need to stop the run.  DL is my guess in the 1st. Or LB.

Andy Reid is a pretty good liar.

Last couple draft thoughts

-Browns aren't taking Trubisky at 1. It's hype to generate views.

-The QB rush isn't going to be what they are saying. The Browns will move up some spots for Trubs, Arizona will maybe take one and the rest will slide into the 20s. Will the Chiefs leap the Texans for one? Who knows. Depends what's left on the board.

-I still believe the Chiefs are going to hve a new QB by the end of Friday. Dark Horse candidate: Chad Kelly

Archived