One of My biggest Future Worries - Marcus Peters

Is anyone else here scared that Marcus Peters is going to run to the Raiders the instant his contract is up? He has so much love for that team and they are starting to figure things out.  In a few years they might be a serious team and having a corner in the making like him would be disastrous for us twice a year. A couple quotes from yesterday from Peters:

"Its home.  Its always going to be my home."

"I don't have to prove to anybody where I'm from.  I represent proudly where I'm from and I move from there."

And when asked about the raiders moving to Vegas:

"They'd better not go nowhere.  They'd better not...we'll see."

Someone in the media (i can't remember who), mentioned that if the Chiefs want to keep Peters, they might be really hoping that the Raiders move to Vegas.  I'm starting to think he's right.

This kid grew up dreaming about the silver and black.  I think he'd take a literal "hometown discount" to make that dream happen...

Then again, the article also mentioned the leather Black Panther's jacket in his locker.  He might become a distraction if he's not careful...

Peters will be like any of the rest of us.  He'll go where the money is as long as he doesn't hate the place.  Like every team, the Chiefs need to manage their cap space to accommodate their best players.  Worrying about Peters now is getting ahead of ourselves.

I have a fondness for the city in which I was born. It just so happens that I still live there, so I don't have to long for it.

The Chiefs' best chance to keep Marcus Peters rests on the Chiefs continuing to win and the Chiefs continuing the manage their cap well so that they can afford him when the day comes to sign him to an extension. If they just barely can't pay him what he's worth but they are still winning, Peters might stay.

West nailed it.  The Oakland team is moving to Vegas for sure.  Its all over but the shouting.  Vegas approved the world class stadium.  The Oakland colosseum is a dump.  Peters just likes Oakland, the city  as it is his original home, that's all.  He was a Raiders fan growing up, but they won't even be called the Raiders when they move.  Pirates in the desert?  Maybe the Card Sharks?

West nailed it.  The Oakland team is moving to Vegas for sure.  Its all over but the shouting.  Vegas approved the world class stadium.  The Oakland colosseum is a dump.  Peters just likes Oakland, the city  as it is his original home, that's all.  He was a Raiders fan growing up, but they won't even be called the Raiders when they move.  Pirates in the desert?  Maybe the Card Sharks?

Las Vegas Showgirls?

Didn't the Oilers keep their name for a while in Tenn. before changing it to the Titans?  Las Vegas will probably want a catchier name in the future.  LV Raiders just doesn't sound right.

Good point. It takes a while to change all those promotional materials, T-shirts, mugs, tote bags, rain jackets, mascots, signs, and minds.  I wonder if the Tennessee Titans should have changed to "Coalers" or "Frackers", instead.  How about the "Tennessee Fiddlers" or "Waltzers?"  

:lol:  (They should put ME in charge of those kinds of things).

Archived