Chiefs-Saints

That Saints offense worries me a little. However, if the Chiefs can run the ball effectively (which they should) they can sustain some long drives, chew up a lot of clock and get points on the board. Recipe for a win at Arrowhead Sunday.\

It's nice facing the 32nd ranked defense last week and getting the 31st ranked defense this week. I expect a Chiefs win.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree.  The key to a Chiefs win are long drives which keeps Brees off the field.  I worry about whoever plays CB opposite Peters and the lack of a meaningful pass rush, but still think the Chiefs will rack up plenty of points to overcome the Saints.  Another turnover free game would certainly help.

Which Chiefs team do we get? All of the wins have been at home. That should continue.

Actually, the last win was in OAK but home field is certainly an advantage.  The way the Chiefs played was encouraging after the sorry performances in the first four games and they did it without Gaines.

Agree.  The key to a Chiefs win are long drives which keeps Brees off the field.  I worry about whoever plays CB opposite Peters and the lack of a meaningful pass rush, but still think the Chiefs will rack up plenty of points to overcome the Saints.  Another turnover free game would certainly help.

There you go.  Keep him off the field. Time of possession, baby.  Having Chris Jones in there will add greatly to the pressure on Brees, so I am not worried so much.  He will get his completions and some will be long.  But what we do in between those plays will tell the story. Hopefully, it will be a story with a happy ending.

Don't forget Conley's catch on the 3rd and long after his penalty.

This is the kind of stuff championship teams need to do week in and week out.

"Championship Team" has a nice ring to it. We should just win the Super Bowl this year then DJ and Hali can hang up their cleets.

Hali needs to hang em up regardless of thr outcome. He's done physically to the point where he forgot football fundamentals.

We may see Hali on the field a lot less when Houston returns.  Ford is playing better.  He had another sack taken away by a holding penalty, but didn't influence Brees on most plays.  Still, Houston and Ford will probably be the starters and Hali will see spot duty.  He's had a good career, worth the first round pick, and it's time to move on.

We may see Hali on the field a lot less when Houston returns. Ford is playing better. He had another sack taken away by a holding penalty, but didn't influence Brees on most plays. Still, Houston and Ford will probably be the starters and Hali will see spot duty. He's had a good career, worth the first round pick, and it's time to move on.

Ah, no.

He's starting to get a knack for making a play, but he's anything but a consistent well-rounded Defender that has been worthy of a 1st round pick.

If he had been chosen in the 3rd round, where he should of been taken, than yeah it would have been a great choice.

Ah, no.

He's starting to get a knack for making a play, but he's anything but a consistent well-rounded Defender that has been worthy of a 1st round pick.

If he had been chosen in the 3rd round, where he should of been taken, than yeah it would have been a great choice.

I was referring to Hali, not Ford.

Archived