After all these years...

loose park..sorry for the delay

no beans?..good lord man the Beans are better than cheesey corn but to be truthful I could take a bath in either

Yep, gotta get the beans.  Even better is to ask for a little spicy style sauce on the side and put a little in the beans.  Then put a little more on the burnt ends.  As close to heaven as one can get on top of the sod.

Great Game! Got a picture with Bobby Bell and a cheerleader. Talked to some tailgaters. The atmosphere at Arrowhead was incredible. What an experience. Off for some more BBQ

Glad you enjoyed it.  Nothing like more BBQ after a Chiefs win to make the day complete.

WWI museum is one of the top five museums I have ever been to.  Anyone who has not visited it is really missing something.  Espescially poignant that it is in KC because Harry Truman was an artillery captain in WWI. 

As for the beans,  Zarda has the best baked beans in the universe.

WWI museum is one of the top five museums I have ever been to. Anyone who has not visited it is really missing something. Espescially poignant that it is in KC because Harry Truman was an artillery captain in WWI.

As for the beans, Zarda has the best baked beans in the universe.

And Gates has the best sauce.

We ended up going to Jack Stacks, Q39 and Joe's. So being a Zonie, not sure I qualify but I would rank it overall as 1. Q39 2. Joe's and 3. Jack Stack's. Keep in mind I didn't have the same things at each place to make to make a fair comparison but the ribs at Q39 were awesome. My son really like the pulled pork at Jack Stacks.

I have heard great things about Q39 really need to try it sometime, Joes is great as well

not knowing  but only hearing about Q39 I'd say your rankings are spot on.

awesome thing is that in KC you could be in the top 50 and be better than 9/10ths of the rest of the country..IMHO

Good pics.  Looks like you had a great trip.

Thanks, Jet. Definitely a great time. I enjoy the time I get with my son. He works hard, lives way out in the west valley, has a girlfriend and it's not easy lining up vacation time. Chiefs are definitely a common bond. And we both love the outdoors and history.

Thank you for your pictures. It reminded me of a few of the many reasons Kansas City has and always be my favorite big city. Although I no longer live there, those memories, and friendships will last a life time.

You bet, Eraser. KC was a great place to visit. Some of the old architecture was impressive. And KC and Ohio have rivers that flow with water. We have sandy river bottoms.

Archived