Secondary did a respectable job. I did not watch the game. How did KC shut down Cooks? How did White do?

Cooks wasn't shut down but Thomas did the most damage.  All the throws were to the left side; i.e. the side away from Peters.  White and Nelson had difficult days, but the rest of the pass defense wasn't too bad.  The tip to Sorenson and Parker's forced fumble made it up for the secondary.

Cooks wasn't shut down but Thomas did the most damage. All the throws were to the left side; i.e. the side away from Peters. White and Nelson had difficult days, but the rest of the pass defense wasn't too bad. The tip to Sorenson and Parker's forced fumble made it up for the secondary.

And Peters still got the ball.

Still a youngster learning how to play.

The more reps he gets the better.

w

Put him into the category with Fisher, Conley, and even DJ.  Too many fans expect instant results when a player is drafted.  Some are instant players like Peters, but more take a year to two to reach their potential.  Some take even longer to see what they can do.  That's why I haven't given up on Ford or White completely.  Ramik probably doesn't have the physical talents to become elite, but his nose for the ball makes up for a lot and experience may make him solid.  Being demoted to the PS may have boosted his intensity as well.

Probably bc the Chiefs drafted Ramik a few years back. He knows Sutton's system. What makes you think Barrington is the next Ray Lewis?

What in the hell are you talking about? Point out where I said Sam Barrington is Ray Lewis.

Last year is now a few years? They punted Ramik Wilson to the PS and brought in Barrington off the waiver line. If they like Wilson so much, why not keep him on the active roster?

Dorsey seems to keep a good stock of back ups just in case.  Barrington was probably brought in just in case DJ went down.  Better to have the back up practicing on the team than scouring the free agent list when a starter gets hurt.  It doesn't mean the Chiefs think Barrington should be playing in normal circumstances.

Lots of big plays from Chiefs' players who aren't big names.  Ford, Jones, Hill, Gaines......even Ramik recovered a fumble.  Now we have to see if JC or Ware can play next week.  I think Foles can handle the Jags at home if needed, but RB could be a problem.  West can't carry the ball 30 times and Hill/DAT can't make the tough yards.  This week's injury report will be a big focus for Chiefs fans.

Archived