Lots of big plays from Chiefs' players who aren't big names. Ford, Jones, Hill, Gaines......even Ramik recovered a fumble. Now we have to see if JC or Ware can play next week. I think Foles can handle the Jags at home if needed, but RB could be a problem. West can't carry the ball 30 times and Hill/DAT can't make the tough yards. This week's injury report will be a big focus for Chiefs fans.

Foles can do anything that smith can do.

Foles can do anything that smith can do.

That issue can wait until after the season.  Then will be the time to sort out the QB situation.  Right now, it's best if Smith gets through the concussion tests and is available to play.  We don't want to see Bray if the Chiefs are making a run, especially with a thin RB situation.

He can't. Foles is a so-so short game passer, which is the staple of the Offense.

And that's why our offense will struggle then like it does against the likes of Denver and. New England. One dimensional. Foles hasn't played in sometime. Have you watched tape on foles short game?

Foles seemed a little apprehensive, but warmed up. I like him as a player, and believe he has the potential to be very good in this league.

Gaines played a very good game. Gaines makes Peters better, and Peters makes Gaines better. If both are healthy, they make one heck of a tandem. DJ White is their 4th CB, and should be ready for the playoffs. I was a huge fan of Sorensen during the draft when he was not taken in 2014. I am glad it has worked out. He was a good player in college, and he is becoming exceptional in the NFL. Parker, Berry, Sorensen, Gaines, and Peters are very good. DJ White has the potential to be a huge asset in the future. Nelson needs some time. I thought he was a great pick in the draft, but he has been slower to excel than I first thought. He still is a decent player. 

Dee Ford had a good game, but it is important to understand he went against a guy who has struggled. Still, six sacks at this point in the year is impressive.

There are multiple games from their time in Philly to comb over. Take a look.

That's not THIS offense. These players. Though he did have 27 TDs and only 4 interceptions one season. What has Smith done? His best year ever in yardage he was rated 20th in the league. So when Smith doesn't play well it's o line, receivers etc. If Foles doesn't play well onow shitty teams it's all on him. Beautiful

Although talk about irony if Smith were to lose his job again over a concussion.

I wouldn't blame him if that motivated him coming back the first time or if he suddenly feels better tomorrow morning (though some things you can't fake, he puts his team over himself if he believes in himself and the need to be healthy). I think he does believe in himself, but knows Foles is no slouch, the team is talented, and one can't help but be paranoid about irony. The Jaguars don't require a hot hand so it would be easy to worry about what a nothing to lose (potential) gunslinger backup could do against a bad team. Again, he has confidence, but he had that in SF, too.

That's not THIS offense. These players. Though he did have 27 TDs and only 4 interceptions one season. What has Smith done? His best year ever in yardage he was rated 20th in the league. So when Smith doesn't play well it's o line, receivers etc. If Foles doesn't play well onow shitty teams it's all on him. Beautiful

The only thing that matters to me is wins.  Smith has won about 35 regular season games with the Chiefs compared to 20 losses and that includes playing behind some very terrible lines and having few targets.  Now the line is better and Conley plus Hill gives more deep choices.  Would Foles do better?  We may find out over the next couple of weeks but I'd not write off Smith just yet.

I wouldn't blame him if that motivated him coming back the first time or if he suddenly feels better tomorrow morning (though some things you can't fake, he puts his team over himself if he believes in himself and the need to be healthy). I think he does believe in himself, but knows Foles is no slouch, the team is talented, and one can't help but be paranoid about irony. The Jaguars don't require a hot hand so it would be easy to worry about what a nothing to lose (potential) gunslinger backup could do against a bad team. Again, he has confidence, but he had that in SF, too.

I think that's largely why he went back into the Indy game, even though common sense would of been to stay on the side and live for another week.

I think that's largely why he went back into the Indy game, even though common sense would of been to stay on the side and live for another week.

Read option play was just another bad play call by Reid. After the way Indys defense was hunting guys.. bad bad call amongst many others by Reid.

Archived