Four Game Stretch

Four game stretch  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the Chiefs be after their next four?

• 8-2 - Win all four
    • 7-3 - Win three of four
    • 6-4 - Win two of four
    • 5-5 - Win just one
    • 4-6 - Lose all

Chiefs lose one, probably the Panthers although they have a good chance in that one.  There always the possibility they lose some other game on a down Sunday but I don't think so.  The Donks should beat the Chargers but their other two games are dangerous.  Guessing here that they drop one of them, probably to the Saints.  Either way, the Chiefs have to at least split with Denver to win the west.

The Chiefs' roster and coaching is superior to that of all four of their opponents, but the problem is that I don't trust the Chiefs to remain healthy enough to avoid putting a guy on the field that will get exposed by the opponent and be the principal reason for a loss. I clicked 8-2 hoping that the Chiefs will stay healthy.

The Chiefs' roster and coaching is superior to that of all four of their opponents, but the problem is that I don't trust the Chiefs to remain healthy enough to avoid putting a guy on the field that will get exposed by the opponent and be the principal reason for a loss. I clicked 8-2 hoping that the Chiefs will stay healthy.

It's usually not one guy who is the reason for a loss.

It's usually not one guy who is the reason for a loss.

I use plain English. Why do some people, particularly those with an ideology different from mine, have such a hard time understanding what they read?

Does anyone remember Marcus Cooper in this game? Marcus Cooper was the principal reason for that loss, and that one loss may have been the difference between the Chiefs seeding fifth and seeding first in the AFC in 2013. Injuries, even one injury, can make a huge difference in a game, and even in a season.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't trust the Chiefs to remain healthy enough to avoid putting a guy on the field that will get exposed by the opponent and be the principal reason for a loss.

No Parker Ehinger

No Jamaal Charles

No Jeremy Maclin

No Jaye Howard

No Allen Bailey

No Josh Mauga

No Marcus Peters

Not to mention that Dontari Poe, Justin Houston, Derrick Johnson, and Phillip Gaines were all nicked up.

The Chiefs are ten weeks into their sixteen week schedule, but their injury situation is pitiable. The only team I don't envy right now in that regard is the Bengals.

Alex Smith has been shockingly bad at times this year. Last night, he was only bad, because I can no longer remain shocked.

Next year, the Chiefs can save $9.7 M by releasing Alex Smith, but what then? Next draft seems to be deep in defensive line players, but not good for teams wanting quarterbacks. We saw Foles play this year. and even if the Chiefs can afford to keep him as their starter, is he better? Not by what I saw this year. The Chiefs will save $10.75 M by letting him go. Does anyone believe Tyler Bray is ready to be the next leader of this team?

The Chiefs have a deficit of $800 K towards the CAP next year. By releasing a few of the older players, the Chefs can create about $42 M in cap space. There would have to be some drastic cuts, but it may turn out that way.

Archived