Game takes-

Foles is fun and will push the ball. Throws a beautiful ball.

Andy Reid is a terrible play caller. He got Alex hurt with that stupid option call.

Tyreek is a super star.

Kelce needs a qb like foles.

Online is coming together.

Chris Jones is better than Bailey. And I like Bailey.

Defense is legit.

Conley has tremeondous mitts..

Chiefs are best team in division.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good summary, Cali.  This was a game the Chiefs really needed and when they overturned Kelce's catch, it could have easily slipped away.  Ford had a good day (3.5 sacks) but there were too many plays where Luck had all day to load up.  The Indy defense was terrible, no other way to describe it.  Not much drop off, is any, when Foles came in.  He hit 16/22 for 2 TDs and 0 Ints.  Sure, the Chiefs were 98% to win at the time, but deep handoffs to DAT to kill the clock seemed unfair to DAT.  I hate the three man rush on third and long.  A better team would have picked the Chiefs secondary apart.  Let's hope the price in injuries is less than the value of the win today.

Can't imagine Foles doing better than today (135 passer rating), but what will a week of preparing with the ones for the Jags game do? Give Dorsey credit for picking him up, even if it's only a one year lease.

I'm sorry, but foles is a better talent than smith. He's going to be here next year.

I'm sorry, but foles is a better talent than smith. He's going to be here next year.

I'm not debating that fact.  The real question is can the Chiefs pay two starting QB salaries and sign their other players.  Isn't Foles due a pretty hefty check if he's here next year?

I'm not debating that fact. The real question is can the Chiefs pay two starting QB salaries and sign their other players. Isn't Foles due a pretty hefty check if he's here next year?

You would trade or cut Smith in that situation, which would save money. Dead cap space on Smith plus Foles' option. Possible Foles extension to relieve some costs.

You would trade or cut Smith in that situation, which would save money. Dead cap space on Smith plus Foles' option. Possible Foles extension to relieve some costs.

Too early to tell.  The Chiefs have over half a season to figure it out.  Foles should go where he can start.  Maybe his experience with the Rams will sour him on just going to any team that kills careers, but he has to consider himself as having earned a starting job.  We'd have to study the effects of trading Smith and signing Foles long term to make a reasonable guess at the future.

We'd have to study the effects of trading Smith and signing Foles long term to make a reasonable guess at the future.

Here's the effects at trading Smith and signing any quarterback long-term:

49ers: 28-30 since trading away Smith, one post-season run, terrible quarterbacking the entire time, and an All-pro roster that has completely dissolved in less than three years.

There is data on this.

Here's the effects at trading Smith and signing any quarterback long-term:

49ers: 28-30 since trading away Smith, one post-season run, terrible quarterbacking the entire time, and an All-pro roster that has completely dissolved in less than three years.

There is data on this.

Yea.

No frank gore

No Crabtree

No harbaugh

No bowman

No patrick Willis who's go to hall of fame

No moss

No delanie walker

No justin smith

I can go on

I simply could not comprehend that onside kick play.  What kind of crap was that??  If the Chiefs had lost, there would be calls for Any Reid's firing...or worse.  The horrible decisions and dropped passes by Demetrius Harris are shameful.  He should not be trusted with anything.

The guy that blatantly slammed Smith's head into the turf when he was sliding should be fined a year's salary and kicked out of the league.  Reminds me of the kind of shit that Ben Davidson did long ago for the Raiders.

Glad we got Foles. Definitely a step up from Chase Daniels, and I liked Chase.  But Foles makes better decisions and has just as good an arm as Daniels.  

I simply could not comprehend that onside kick play. What kind of crap was that?? If the Chiefs had lost, there would be calls for Any Reid's firing...or worse. The horrible decisions and dropped passes by Demetrius Harris are shameful. He should not be trusted with anything.

The guy that blatantly slammed Smith's head into the turf when he was sliding should be fined a year's salary and kicked out of the league. Reminds me of the kind of shit that Ben Davidson did long ago for the Raiders.

Glad we got Foles. Definitely a step up from Chase Daniels, and I liked Chase. But Foles makes better decisions and has just as good an arm as Daniels.

Foles has twice the arm of Daniels and smith.

Andy Reid is at fault for smiths injury.

Awful play call

I wonder. Not so sure. Nobody is smarter than Alex Smith. In the long run, I think he wins more games for you than Foles.

Smith showed you in New England and plenty of other games what he has. When good defenses take away the short stuff, it's over. Foles makes all the throws.

Alex is the starter for now. If you watched with open eyes, you saw the diffference.

I know Reid tried to get Foles before they got Smith.

The only way Foles is here next year is if they cut or trade Alex and that will likely depend on how the rest of the year goes.

Both parts of that are true.

Foles would of been the QB, but Chip was a dick so they went with Alex.  Foles also isn't coming back making 10+ million as a reserve QB.  If he's here, it's because Alex is leaving.

I simply could not comprehend that onside kick play.  What kind of crap was that??  If the Chiefs had lost, there would be calls for Any Reid's firing...or worse.  The horrible decisions and dropped passes by Demetrius Harris are shameful.  He should not be trusted with anything.

Here's one possible take.  Several coaches and commentators have suggested that the K.O.s might be designed to land short of the goal line in hopes of having the receiving team start from inside the 25.  Kicking off from the 50 was a real opportunity to apply that.  Just squib it for something greater than 30 yards and the kick coverage wouldn't have all that far to go to stop the return.  If Santos hadn't kicked it right toward the Indy guy, it might have worked.  If it was a true on-sides kick, then I'm way off, but that came to mind at the time.

Archived