Game takes-

I know Reid tried to get Foles before they got Smith.

The only way Foles is here next year is if they cut or trade Alex and that will likely depend on how the rest of the year goes.

Agree.  If Smith is out for a while and Foles beats the Panthers or Donks on the road, then a switch might be considered.  All we've seen so far is a very good performance for about one half of football against a terrible defense.  Remember Mike Livingstone when Dawson went down and how his career as a starter panned out?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you watched with open eyes, you saw the diffference.

Apparently the General Managers of the Rams and every other team in the league had their eyes closed about Nick Foles.

I'm always amazed at just how intelligent the anti-Smith contingent believes themselves to be. By virtue of disowning Smith, you take a stand against football IQ. Colin Kaepernick needs more fans like you.

I know Reid tried to get Foles before they got Smith.

That's because Foles wouldn't have cost two second-round draft picks. At the time, getting Foles for next to nothing would have been an economical way to build for the future. With more draft capital, Reid might have drafted a quarterback early in 2013. After not getting Foles, Reid went all-in on Smith, and Smith has rewarded him with a 36-20 record and Reid's first post-season victory since the 2008 season. And now Reid has to do without Smith for a while, but he has a backup playing on the team that wouldn't exist if Smith hadn't been around to lead the team through terrible offensive lines and seasons without Jamaal Charles (a.k.a. Chiefs' most-unimportant important player).

Apparently the General Managers of the Rams and every other team in the league had their eyes closed about Nick Foles.

I'm always amazed at just how intelligent the anti-Smith contingent believes themselves to be. By virtue of disowning Smith, you take a stand against football IQ. Colin Kaepernick needs more fans like you.

Well EVERY GM didn't have their eyes closed about Foles because Dorsey went and got him and us Chiefs fans are glad.

This has to be a difficult time for you and we understand why you are lashing out at us with these silly Kaepernick references. Foles played pretty well today, don't you think?

I was impressed with Smith coming back after the first shot. I'm sure he felt the ghost of Kaepernick. He's a smart man. He knows Foles is good. I hope he gets healthy soon. He's a good guy.

Well EVERY GM didn't have their eyes closed about Foles because Dorsey went and got him and us Chiefs fans are glad.

Not as a starter. Only people who have this irrational hate for Smith and cheered in their hearts when he couldn't get up after the second blow to the head think Foles should be an NFL starter.

Not as a starter. Only people who have this irrational hate for Smith and cheered in their hearts when he couldn't get up after the second blow to the head think Foles should be an NFL starter.

I don't think anyone has an irrational hate for Smith. And I absolutely will never cheer for the injury of any player especially a Chief. Many of us are just happy we have a suitable player to come in. Some think Foles is better suited as QB on this team with all the weapons and speed we have. Is that OK with you? And you didn't answer my question....Foles played pretty well today, don't you think?

I don't think anyone has an irrational hate for Smith. And I absolutely will never cheer for the injury of any player especially a Chief. Many of us are just happy we have a suitable player to come in. Some think Foles is better suited as QB on this team with all the weapons and speed we have. Is that OK with you? And you didn't answer my question....Foles played pretty well today, don't you think?

I don't think there's any controversy about Foles' skills as a quarterback relative to Smith, and won't indulge you in such a perverted conversation. And you can use that belligerence on my part as an irrational basis for doubling down on your uninformed opinions about Smith, or you can let sleeping dogs lie.

Seriously, your condescension here is more than offensive to me.

Beyond that, I'm glad that the Chiefs have a viable backup heading into a matchup against the league's 29th-best team. I'm pretty certain Smith will not be playing that game. I'm glad that this time around, Andy Reid's ego won't motivate him to make an arrogant move to the "hot hand" of a career backup. When Smith comes back, he should be rested up and ready to take on the Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers.

I don't think there's any controversy about Foles' skills as a quarterback relative to Smith, and won't indulge you in such a perverted conversation. And you can use that belligerence on my part as an irrational basis for doubling down on your uninformed opinions about Smith, or you can let sleeping dogs lie.

Seriously, your condescension here is more than offensive to me.

Beyond that, I'm glad that the Chiefs have a viable backup heading into a matchup against the league's 29th-best team. I'm pretty certain Smith will not be playing that game. I'm glad that this time around, Andy Reid's ego won't motivate him to make an arrogant move to the "hot hand" of a career backup. When Smith comes back, he should be rested up and ready to take on the Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers.

Wow. Good luck with all that. Go Chiefs!!!

You are the niner fan. You are right, I'm not a smith fan and haven't been since the day he arrived. He's limited. Chiefs will not win a super bowl with smith at the helm.

Hate. Please... no one here cheered for smith when he got hurt. Get a grip.

Gay weatherman Gary Lezak lost to Mrs Alex Smith in a Twitter fight, when he remarked Alex Smith would not have made that TD pass (if he was playing instead of Foles, after the concussion). Although he may have been right for once in his lifetime, he was stupid as usual.

Foles came to KC to restart his career. Alex Smith did too. Unfortunately for Alex Smith, the Chiefs can save $9 M against their cap by trading him to another team. Foles just might be the long term answer

Speaking of Alex Smith's concussion, the player who last tackled Smith, causing the concussion, pushed Smith's head into the turf. If that is not illegal, then I don't know what is. There should be a fine. Furthermore, players who take out other players should be evaluated. If it is determined they purposefully caused the concussion, they should be removed from the game at least as long as the player they hurt is away. If it is a career ending injury, they ended their own career. Stern, but fair.

You are the niner fan. You are right, I'm not a smith fan and haven't been since the day he arrived. He's limited. Chiefs will not win a super bowl with smith at the helm.

The sad thing is that you actually, really, truly, positively believe that Nick Foles is a better quarterback.

I think people are too excited about one game of play vs. a shit bad D that was prepared for 4 quarters of dink and dunk.

Foles for sure will take more deep attempts than Smith, but he also had nothing to lose and something to show. If he threw interceptions, he'd be back to his old job. His first deep attempt was when Smith came back from the locker room the first time. It's probably a coincidence, but that's when I would throw it, be aggressive.

Hate. Please... no one here cheered for smith when he got hurt. Get a grip.

Bull. Some did. The fact that the predictable guys showed up excited about Nick Foles' upcoming start is proof of that -- the same guys we all knew would show up in the event of a significant injury to Smith. Go ahead, cheer on your team that is somehow more your team than mine.

I think people are too excited about one game of play vs. a shit bad D that was prepared for 4 quarters of dink and dunk.

Liquid, for me it's not one game against a shitty D. Alex is dink and dunk. I think Foles will stretch the field with Hill, DAT, Maclin, Conley, Kelley, etc.

Foles for sure will take more deep attempts than Smith, but he also had nothing to lose and something to show. If he threw interceptions, he'd be back to his old job. His first deep attempt was when Smith came back from the locker room the first time. It's probably a coincidence, but that's when I would throw it, be aggressive.

No one would be able to sell themselves on the basis of playing Smith's game better than Smith does. The allure of a deep ball is enough to seduce lesser coaches, and the least of fans. That is all Nick Foles has to work with. He won't win the close games against quality defenses. That won't be a problem next week.

Liquid, for me it's not one game against a shitty D. Alex is dink and dunk. I think Foles will stretch the field with Hill, DAT, Maclin, Conley, Kelley, etc.

Yep. That why KC cant move the ball against the best defenses. New England was ready for that one dimensional attack.

Although, credit to Smith he has been throwing a nice deep ball lately. Almost had a nice over the shoulder throw to Maclin hadn't been for Vontae Davis knocking it away. Ball was right on the money. I say give Alex time now that we finally have a solidified O-line. He hasn't had one in recent years.

Let's not all jump on the bandwagon if Foles has a 4 TD 350 yd performance against the Jags at AH. Foles, is a luxury to have as a backup but it's still Smith's team and we need him to win the AFC West...and maybe more.

Foles had some wide open opportunities as it was clear that

1.  The Colts suck

2.  They didn't gameplan for bombs, at all.

I think Foles does put it a deep pass element that's been lacking, but he'll also rocket a pass well over the targets head on a short target...which will still be the bread and butter of the Offense.  The Chiefs suddenly aren't going to morph into an Air Coryell offense.

The actual truth is somewhere between Phata whiteknighting for Alex and others lusting for Foles because dink and dunk has grown tiring on them.  Foles will have his good short stint to rehab his image and keep the boat upright, which he should do.  He's not going to be the starter.

Foles had some wide open opportunities as it was clear that

1. The Colts suck

2. They didn't gameplan for bombs, at all.

I think Foles does put it a deep pass element that's been lacking, but he'll also rocket a pass well over the targets head on a short target...which will still be the bread and butter of the Offense. The Chiefs suddenly aren't going to morph into an Air Coryell offense.

Right, he missed West wide open when he was sacked. Also, in the redzone. He'll get better with more playing time.

WTF people. I'm hearing phrases like "irrational hatred for Alex" "lusting after Foles" blah blah. Some of us think Foles might me a little better than Smith and may use the weapons more effectively. Maybe not. I liked what I saw today. I know the Colts defense sucks. I'd like to find out. Nobody knows what Foles can do with this offense. But we know Alex is just average. I don't dislike Alex. I want to win a Super Bowl after 47 years. We aren't allowed to want to see what Foles can do? To maybe prefer one Chief over another? What happened to this board. Hyper sensitive pc garbage

Archived