Davis Waived by Packers

Packers waived RB Knile Davis.

The Chiefs will get nothing in return after the Packers gave them a conditional draft picks for Davis' rights two weeks ago. Davis wound up playing 13 snaps for Green Bay. As Jamaal Charles' knees continue to be problematic, we wouldn't be entirely shocked if Davis returned to K.C. behind Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West. Ware suffered a concussion in Sunday's win over Indianapolis.
Related: Packers

Thanks for the draft pick and cap relief, Green Bay!!

In all honesty though, I don't understand this move.  He only got 5 carries.  They never even gave him a chance.

Green Bay never makes trades.  Their last trade was in 2010 I think.  Why just absolutely go against what you do and cut the guy 2 weeks later anyway.  

I don't want Knile back in KC.  He was let go because he doesn't fit the system.  That didn't change due to our injury situation.  We have Reeves and Brooks on the practice squad.  We can make do until we get healthy...

Question:  If the Chiefs move Reeves from the practice squad, aren't they obligated to keep him on the roster for the rest of the season?  If they signed Davis, he could be released in a week or two when JC is more available.  At least that's how I thought it worked.

If the Packers never trade for anyone and they traded for him and he's gone so quickly and he didn't get much playing time when we drafted him high, maybe something is wrong with him that we don't know? I know about the fumbling issues, but it might be something bigger? It's not fair to him for me to speculate, but he doesn't read here and it doesn't add up. Of course, I am not reading this site is just pure speculation by me.

Question:  If the Chiefs move Reeves from the practice squad, aren't they obligated to keep him on the roster for the rest of the season?  If they signed Davis, he could be released in a week or two when JC is more available.  At least that's how I thought it worked.

No, you can bounce a player to and from the PS all you want.

Thanks for the clarification.  Is it true that if you sign someone off another team's PC, then you have to keep him?

You have to carry the player on the active roster for at least a week if they're swiped off another teams PS, I believe. 

But typically teams just keep them because if they hit the waivers than the original team might take them back.

So the draft pick is lost? :huh:

Depends on the condition.  But if I had to guess, probably yeah.

RIP that 2018 late 7th rounder

As for Knile, it doesn't surprise me that GB already gave up.  His vision is pretty bad and was low on the chart in KC, who run block well.  GB's line is not run blocking advanced.

Archived